+ The Jericho Crusade + Sword Brethren Cometh!

Acebaur

Thanks for the tips MM.  As for the bracelet, it doesn't need to be huge so I'll see what I can do. As an alternative, some of the bolt pistols on our Sword Brethren kit have the chain attached directly to the gloves so that might be an option too. 

On to my next quandary, the EC model has a nub on his right thigh where the original BP was supposed to fit. I got him second hand so that piece is long gone. I had originally used one of the Templar BP bitz but they are curved to fit flush which they don't against the nub. I could drill the holster to fit better but I think it looks clunky no matter what, so what do you guys think of putting a lantern there instead? Here's a test shot

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Emperors%20Champion/20151023_095026_zpsya4ofo0a.jpg

Thanks guys for the compliment!

I'm at Gencon and found a bitz booth and scored this guy for 8 bucks!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/20150801_170514_zpsmb3axmnq.jpg

Looks familiar! Lol. Missing his sweat combo melta tho...

And I am pretty sure firepower is right, he was the first Templar mini I saw, he was free with a big enough of a mail order purchase back when the Armageddon codex came out... I just don't remember who was first, him or the emperors champion that ace is using here for his conversion...

Definitely not the EC I am using for my conversion. He is the current EC model, though he has been out for a while. But he's not as old as this guy(who I got from a friend at my LGS already painted) who was the original EC model. I do believe that that one does pre-date axe guy. 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/20151023_125908-1_zpsxzl6omcd.jpg

Definitely not the EC I am using for my conversion. He is the current EC model, though he has been out for a while. But he's not as old as this guy(who I got from a friend at my LGS already painted) who was the original EC model. I do believe that that one does pre-date axe guy.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/20151023_125908-1_zpsxzl6omcd.jpg

Didn't know when that guy came out. Thought he was the second one and the other was first... So Then that one is first then axe Marshall, then the current EC model was third maybe, tho the lrc (with metal ac and hb) came out with the Armageddon codex to... Hmm...

I've always found those lanterns to be oddly clunky, and have only used I think 1 in my first batch of Templars.  Having the ring but without anything to connect to makes it feel kinda silly.  I'm not sure simply looping it around the thigh goiter will work, although its connection is covered by the sword in that pic.  Have you considered simply shaving the bump off of his leg? 

I always assumed they were just maglocked to the armor :p

As for cutting it off, it's possible but I probably should have done that before gluing the arm in place. I was at that time still planning to use the BP. Now I don't think I'd risk sanding off something I didn't want to :lol:

Dude, that champion is looking pretty sweet.

If we want to talk chains, I like the wrapped look without the bracelet myself. To me (and this is just me talking) the bracket says "quick detach in case of an emergency." Binding that bastard with chains until it's not coming off before his arm seems like a much more Templar course of action.

If you've ever heard the Templar audio drama, the intro of Sigismund's duel with Jubai Khan supports the "wrap it" idea too ^_^

I like the lanterns ... but not there ... it seems like an unlikely place to have a lantern.

Why? It's not like they need it to see, it's purely symbolic :wink:

Dude, that champion is looking pretty sweet.

If we want to talk chains, I like the wrapped look without the bracelet myself. To me (and this is just me talking) the bracket says "quick detach in case of an emergency." Binding that bastard with chains until it's not coming off before his arm seems like a much more Templar course of action.

If you've ever heard the Templar audio drama, the intro of Sigismund's duel with Jubai Khan supports the "wrap it" idea too :happy.:

Yeah, that's not a bad idea either. I probably wouldn't do it for normal guys, but the EC is different and while the chains are usually symbolic, the EC himself is a symbol. "Bound until death"  Would also probably work for attaching it directly to his glove too. 

Ok so devotion chain is attached. I decided to go with attaching it directly to his glove via a link of chain cut in half(which let me tell you was a :cuss to get right). Then I took a page from the new Sigismund model and added a ring to the pommel of the sword and put another half link there too. That one doesn't actually connect to the rest of the chain(glued on the back) but you can't really tell (I hope) unless you look underneath the model. 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Emperors%20Champion/20151026_140902_zpssfkjhe3u.jpg

Then I also solved the lantern problem and added a ring for it to hang from. I think I will go back and do this to my biker chaplain as well since it came out wonderfully. 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Emperors%20Champion/20151026_141347_zps3oaoj3hd.jpg

Word.

I can't undersell how much Sigismund reborn should have a chain on the most important weapon on the imperial armory. Makes one wonder why the model doesn't come with one :biggrin.:

I'll take that as you like my conversion then ;) :lol:

Word.

I can't undersell how much Sigismund reborn should have a chain on the most important weapon on the imperial armory. Makes one wonder why the model doesn't come with one :biggrin.:

I refuse to accept that Sigismund could possibly have gone through the Siege of Terra without strangling at least one heretic with his chains. Could possibly count as a Power Fist attack on the table top. :D

So here's the next question. I've been thinking about how I'm going to paint his sword. Thus far I've been using a modified version of HLVW's power weapon technique and I've decided I'm going to color code them a bit. Most everything will be blue but to differentiate the Relic Blades from regular swords they will be purple I think.  

The question is, what should I do with the Black Sword?  

The question is, what should I do with the Black Sword? 

I would paint it black, but that's just me.

Got a comedian in here ;)

I meant what should do about painting a power field on it? Should it have one, or just be the black blade? If it should have one, should it be a different color to my other power swords/relic blades?

Are the black swords power weapons? I always thought they were just a badass super alloy or some such.

Both. B)

My old EC has just a tinge of deep purple on the edges, and only at one tip and one base on each side.  Overall, the effect came out too subtle to see without a real close look, but going any brighter would water down the 'black' emphasis considerably, unless you could get the shade just right.  However, you could try the same thing with blues, maybe.  I've seen a number of people sneak gold into the crevices/lettering.  

Trouble is, I tend to see descriptions of the sword as being black on black, with a black undercoat over black alloy.  Which makes it kinda hard to paint in total adherence to the fluff.

Are the black swords power weapons? I always thought they were just a badass super alloy or some such.

It used to be. Apparently now it's description is "Each Black Sword is a masterpiece of jet-black solarite with an edge that can shear adamantium"  So apparently it doesn't need a power field because it's so sharp it doesn't matter. 

So I'm thinking I'm just going to use the BT backpack for the champ. I don't use it often on my guys and I don't really have another one that is fitting for him. Or is it overdone and I should go with a regular one off the new Tac box?

Archived