Inqu][sitor

lamby

I really like the suit, have you thought about an exo- arm like you did for the prosecutor? At the moment I think the shape looks a bit.. off, and bulking out her arms could give it a more humanoid shape. Just my $0.02.

P.s that green stuff sleeve is awesome!

Thanks HighGothic!

- Exo-arms were in my original idea, but I like the look of the lower legs too much - I might add some cables running from the engine to the forearms, not sure yet

- The targeting array helped a bit with the balance, I'm currently trying to fit something on the side opposite 

Detailed the scope, it was too short - it looks a little bent but it's straight, trust me :wink:

Plus, trying out 2 different hand weapons on the thigh - this one is a cut-down shotgun, makes a cool fat pistol - no holster, it's mag-locked  :smile.:

This ones a WW2 German tank commander's holster from a 1:35th kit:

1 or 2?

One. Definitely one. Looking great so far. :smile.:

Thanks!

1st one.

Thanks!

I will flog myself later for not seeing this thread but, for now, number one. Shotgun-pistols always win!

Thanks!

- Not sure if a flogging is truly required, but each to his own :)

First off, she's looking awesome! I also vote for the first option!

Thanks!

I vote gun number 1 for the good lady, a minor nit pick, but how does the targetter work if she is aiming/ looking to the side, it doesn't look like it can move with her movement of her head?

Otherwise I absolutely love this model.

Thanks!

- and yes, that has also occurred to me (re: the array not moving with her head) ... see below for an update

Number one!

Thank!

I really like the suit, have you thought about an exo- arm like you did for the prosecutor? At the moment I think the shape looks a bit.. off, and bulking out her arms could give it a more humanoid shape. Just my $0.02.

P.s that green stuff sleeve is awesome!

Thanks!

- I have tried numerous versions of exoarms on her, unfortunately nothing seems to fit (to me)

- That GS sleeve - that's about version 5, I think - glad to know I finally got there!

Unfortunately, the targeting array as it was pictured is no longer - I dropped her and the array broke into bits ;( lots of bits... and the monocle went into the Carpet Of No Return...

Also, as Dantay_Xv mentioned - how would that design move with her when she turned her head?

So, annoyed and musing on targeter designs, moved onto something else for a bit, or back to something else, really - the Samurai!

Couldn't seem to make clockwork bionics work last time.
This time round - a cut down SM backpack (just the vents, really), some mad wire bending, three clock cogs and a lot of swearing later...

Bad photo, and that hakama is an absolute mess, time to liquid greenstuff it and sand it back to smooth!
Edited by lamby

moar samurai!!!!

Seriously though, how you did that backpack, that must have been so fiddly. I would have raged.

:wink: there was rage..:furious:

And as requested, more Samurai...

Been struggling for a bit with how to do the Samurai's clockwork-assisted exo-hydraulics, finally today made some progress:

Basic set-up of exo-hydraulics in place:

Detailing of the exo-hydraulics, some sculpting of hair and clothing to come...

Rebuild of the targeting array - now with additional hinge system to allow it to follow head rotation - awkward, I'll admit, but that's steampunk for you!:

And note the holster bracket (brass strip) in place for the shotgun pistol:

After looking at the pics of the exo-hydraulics for a bit I decided to go a tad smaller with the arm end...

So more bending and some soldering and filing later, here's the new ones, with the older ones for size comparison - that ][ plate is a centimetre long:

Temp fitting - note under-sleeve sculpting:

Clockwork backpack detail - arm ends of the exo-hydraulics will be embedded deeper into the armoured wrist-guard - but won't be done until after sleeve layers are complete (for obvious access reasons):

Thanks for comments and critiques - don't worry, I can take it :wink:
Edited by lamby

The exo suit is looking a little bottom heavy atm. Are there plans to bulk up the torso a bit?

- Not really - I like the bottom heavy look - I have been trying to build some secondary weapon arms but so far nothing has looked good.

Yeah, right now the exo suit seems to be mostly useless, unless stomping heretics is called for. What mechanisms on top are necessary for her to have such powerful leg servos.

- This particular suit is designed to jump high, land heavy and stomp heretics and xenos ;) ... see above and below in regards to mechanisms

Thanks for the critiques guys!

Been absent a little while - cut my thumb down to the bone while trying to separate a head from a Chaos cultist - there was blood for the Blood God, let me tell you!

Re-did the first layer of sleeve on the Samurai (just before I cut my thumb):

Then tonight did the second of three sleeve layers (needs some sanding to clean it up):

Also finished the hair on the Samurai - when it's dry I'll scribe more detail into it, then the headband will get a sand and detailing:

Had a request as to how far the Rogue Trader Crewman had progressed and the answer is not much:

The problem is the new Admech models are just a treasure trove of steampunkish conversion parts - I had intended to just use those Empire pistolier arms for the Crewman and trick up the flintlocks.
However, now I'm awaiting the arrival of a box of Skitarii Rangers (and now Ruststalkers as well  :thumbsup: ) so I can get to converting some of that beautiful weaponry for use by the Crewman.
... And I just know I'll be re-building the Sniper's weapon once I see those long rifles ;) ...

The Ruststalker bits may also solve the problem I've been having trying to build secondary waldo-arms for the Mechsuit - so far everything has looked too clunky.

Until next time - Sayonara!

• 3 weeks later...

sucks to hear about the cut hopefully it heals completely soon.  I have been fortunate to avoid anything that bad.

the samauri is looking awesome and I love the fact that you forged his weapons.

That crewman is shaping up to look very blanchian. 

Thanks for both your comments guys!

Been a little absent again due to being deployed for the past 3 weeks, and about to be again for 15 weeks... 

Also, after I cut my left thumb 2 weeks gone, last week (this time at work) my right thumb suffered an even worse cut, this time on the pad, and it's still healing as fragments of metal shavings ooze outward... so no updates.

However, I do need to get this off my chest:
GW pricing in Australia has now exceeded all previous ridiculousness...

Here are some figures, based on the exchange rates for today 26 April, for the new Assassinorum: Execution Force game:

$210 in Aus, 75GPB in UK (equivalent to approx $145 Aus) and $125 USD in America (equivalent to approx $160 Aus). 
I definitely won't be buying this game, just for 4 models.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Yes, folks: he's back!

A small time period between now and next deployment means some minor hobby time, so let's get cracking!

As many Inq modellers have shown, the new Admech parts are just a treasure trove for converters!

Decided to jump right in and get some half-completed works done, started on Ratty here (blue-tacked in place - GS next update):

and here:

And revamped the Sniper's weapon a little, with a new baffle - still deciding if she needs a complete weapon changeout for one of the Admech rifles...

Did some more work on the Rogue Trader Captain, nothing photo-worthy yet, and will tackle the Samurai in the coming days...

Until then, thanks for looking!

Wow - Thanks for all the likes!

Honestly, I like your scratch-built rifle much more than the AdMech rifles but, eh, your call.

If you don't mind, and it may have already been mentioned, where did you get the Samurai's torso from? I must have one!

Mehman - you're one of three people (other blogs) who have said the same thing about the rifle, so thanks very much: the public has voted and the sniper's weapon will remain as is!

In answer to your question about the torso, it's one of the female vampires from the Coven Throne, sliced and diced Lamby-style... you can sometimes pick one up here http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/coven-thronemortis-engine-vampire-p-8362.html

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the likes!

Some more minor work:

GS work on Ratty - at the neck, and on both arm joins:

Rogue Trader Captain - decided to change the arm holding the cutlass, the behind-the-body pose was cool but really unbalanced the model:

The pommel on the cutlass definitely needs to be smaller, yes:

The plastic sleeve on the left arm will be sculpted over (of course):

In regards to the cutlass - sad news, the plastic blade I shaved into submission split, so good news: it's forging time!

In regards to the sniper rifle - the original weapon as shown has received overwhelming support (on four different blogs) so she'll be keeping it.

Thanks all!

Thanks to all who 'liked' the previous posts!

Welcome to tonight's mystery build of the third Rogue Trader crewman!

So a pile of bitz arrived in the mail today - Can anyone spell bandwagon?  :D :

Took the lower half, quartered the top of the ab section, drilled some holes - mmm, what could they be for...

Well... to get us to this stage, of course:

Can you guess where this is heading?
Edited by lamby