Sevatar

Calivers and Chargers are support, Culverins are heavy

Also next ZM game I'm trying Furies with a Jump Vigilator and recon armor. Being able to ignore ZMs dangerous terrain is going to be murderous.

I thought ZM had a specific rule that negated all rules that ignore/auto-pass dangerous checks?

Also next ZM game I'm trying Furies with a Jump Vigilator and recon armor. Being able to ignore ZMs dangerous terrain is going to be murderous.

The special rule is pretty specific on that, bunch of buffs for the unit if a model got it, but only the model with the rule get to ignore the dangerous terrain test.

"A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule rolls an extra D6 when rolling to move through difficult terrain and is not slowed by charging through difficult

terrain. In most circumstances, this will mean that, when moving, the unit rolls 3D6 and picks the highest roll. Furthermore, a model with the Move Through Cover special rule automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests."

The unit gets 3d6 pick the highest and doesn't get -2" from charging, but only the individual models with the rule ignores dangerous terrain 

My lifes been a lie. I don't think i've ever seen it played that way since 6th landed. Back in 5th it was just units with this rule roll an additional d6, as opposed to one model, and had nothing about dangerous. The it got expanded and I and others got stuck on "containing at least one" verbiage in the beginning. Oh well.

I suppose AL can take Coils, MtC mutable, rewards Dark Furies, and AMs for troops to satisfy the need to have the deepstrike ability and go to town since they aren't required to actually deepstrike.

Still going to try Furies in a ZM list though. They're still a steal points-wise for what you get, and risking one turn of dangerous isn't a big deal to get far around that corner to get an important charge, or using the packs for the charge to get HoW. Probably still going to take a Vigilator just for the scout move. Sabotage is a nice bonus. Between infiltrate and scout won't really miss using the packs every turn.

"A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule rolls an extra D6 when rolling to move through difficult terrain and is not slowed by charging through difficult

terrain. In most circumstances, this will mean that, when moving, the unit rolls 3D6 and picks the highest roll. Furthermore, a model with the Move Through Cover special rule automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests."

The unit gets 3d6 pick the highest and doesn't get -2" from charging, but only the individual models with the rule ignores dangerous terrain 

Enlightening SkimaskMohawk! 

I think with an Apothecary though, you are still in pretty good shape. 1/6 then 3+ then 5+fnp? What's that 3%ish? 

Enlightening SkimaskMohawk! 

I think with an Apothecary though, you are still in pretty good shape. 1/6 then 3+ then 5+fnp? What's that 3%ish? 

I get 3.7% per model per use, with 11/12 guys it's still reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

The real FAQ is here !

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/40K_The_Rules_v1.2_Nov16.pdf

And they confirmed one grenade in close combat. FW you're our only hope !

But...

Q: How do special rules like Hatred, Preferred Enemy and Monster Hunter work when targeting a mixed unit that contains models your special rule effects as well as models it doesn’t?

A: The rules mentioned are used if any model in the target unit is of the appropriate type.

Decapitation Strike is gonna be insane ?

Edited by Gyem

The grenade thing is dumb, the only throw in the assault phase is in overwatch, the rest is explicitly clamping.

But on the flip side, changing things in favor for Decapitation Strike is insanely good. Kaedes Nex, since he doesn't have the Lone Killer rule, is just about guaranteed to hit all 12 times against a chosen prey that's an IC or in a squad with one. That makes him worth taking now. Dark Furies just got even more terrifying.

Thinking more on it. Won't need Seekers to hunt HQs in a decap strike list as much. Plasma support is a bit cheaper and their weapons and PE aren't one-use. Though I suppose you could PE a non IC unit with Seekers(Perhaps a unit with an Apoth that was Chosen Prey for Nex to stack VPs) and then plink away with Scorpius bolts. Veterans with sniper, combiflamers, and pods will reroll 1's. Still not as potent as Mor Deythan, but savings and pod and all that. Quadmortars using frags to accost gunline HQs will like the wounding on 3s(most of the time) and rerolling 1s. PE on Darkfire Castellax, or Automata in general, sounds tasty.

It's a good day to be a Raven and a bad one to be an enemy HQ.

mfw:

Get-it-because-hes-RAVEN-guard.jpg
Edited by Nusquam

Hey Fellow Ravens

Having some trouble with my Maun lists...

I want him to start on the table and in reserve will be dark wing Deythan, melta squad pod, lightning and fire raptor. In the board couple of tac squads in rhinos and a damoclease.

The problem I'm having is what unit to get to put Maun in? He needs to survive a turn, maybe even 2 out in the open so he can use his vox and reserve roll re-rolls so what does he go in?

Rappiers seem the most obvious due to the survivability, but they don't really fit my list. Reacons seem too squishy, tac squads too large a footprint and more Deythan too high a priority target

Any thoughts?

Last game I played was a decapitation strike.

Maun started middle of the table holed up in a ruin with 5 barenones seekers

Due to the presence of other threats they survived the entire game and with their ap2 Scorpius rounds accounted for more than their points cost by the end :)

Put Maun in the Damocles Rhino if you have no other place.

I usually put in him a Vexilla Tac squad with camo to score a homefield objective. When an opponent has things like Mor Deythan, Seekers, and Furies breathing down their neck they aren't very concerned with a a lonely Tac squad.

So anyone else realize how good of a counter mor deythan are to Leviathans in Pods? If they stay embarked you can Fatal Strike the Pod with combi flamers and hit the Dread via No Escape. The Twinlinked will generate a ton of rends and you should be able to kill the pod and the dread