+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

My brush just gave up the ghost. Bloody typical, I was on course to finish these guys tonight. Damn GW and their one man store policy, they're shut today so I can't just nip in to town and grab a new one.

Dragonlover

Go to an art or craft shop. Get yourself a sable brush or two. Or even treat yourself to a Winsor & Newton (but don't use that for base coating)

My brush just gave up the ghost. Bloody typical, I was on course to finish these guys tonight. Damn GW and their one man store policy, they're shut today so I can't just nip in to town and grab a new one.

Dragonlover

Go to an art or craft shop. Get yourself a sable brush or two. Or even treat yourself to a Winsor & Newton (but don't use that for base coating)

I second the Winsor & Newton motion.

@ Augustus: A fantastic squad of Termies there! The plasma glow is really something! thumbsup.gif

Now please note that Plague Drones are different to Blight Drones. The former cost 42pts a piece but you need 3 minimum while the Blight Drones are standalone units at 150pts a piece (if I recall)...

I think you are much closer to Plague Drones than Blight Drones. The question is, can you find a third? Otherwise we need to find another way around it...

Thanks Semper, for the compliment. And for the clarification. My apologies for the confusion, I do not own a Chaos Daemons codex. happy.png

Now, I do think Plague drones are a tad too cheap for the work I envision the models will be to complete. I've heard some interesting alternatives - obliterators or lords with disc of tzeentch and combat familiar. My suggestion of a vanilla predator with combi-bolter (75 pts) comes closest to the real cost of a land speeder with similar armament - and it too is a vehicle with two solid shot weapons: I'm not looking to score easy points, just fair ETL points for the model and amount of work done.

Might I suggest to me just going ahead and convert the models, then post pics of the finsihed but unpainted models with a suggested counts-as unit and points? When you see the model, Semper, I'll just let you decide about the validity of the counts-as and points. Sound good? thumbsup.gif

Sorry to double post. My titan is finished I finally have the pictures up...

Way, WAY, WAY WAY more pictures in this post in my showcase log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/DSC_1761_zps5ad33347.jpg

Thanks brother Sea4nl for the awesome pictures. thanks.gif

I literally said oh my god that is beautiful to an empty room, well done sir. Well done indeed. Is there a detailed walk-through of how you did that base? Because I want to steal the crap out of that style for my titans.

@ Clone: haha thanks mate!

@ Ghost: Cheers buddy!

I literally said oh my god that is beautiful to an empty room, well done sir. Well done indeed. Is there a detailed walk-through of how you did that base? Because I want to steal the crap out of that style for my titans.

There's no walk-through, but I uploaded some detail pictures of the base sans paint and one full shot with paint in my WIP thread here - hope this helps. 

Btw, can I further add that that Warhound is probably the best big thing I've seen in all of this year's ETL. Sure there have been some really cool models various folks have put out, but that Warhound is like both BIG AND AWESOME.

Thegn Hrami, Chief Apothecary of the Iron Hounds, coming to rip the gene-seed out through the bloody stump of your neck:

gallery_53134_7133_24691.jpg

He counts-as a Chaos Terminator with an Icon of Excess, and my most recent progress in the ETL.

More progress to report tomorrow night...

This is a great contrast of red and white! A VERY sharp result!!! Bravo Max - Hrami for the win! thumbsup.gif

I'll have to wait for Semper's reply. But whatever it is, I'm Nightlordifying those Land Speeders for sure! thumbsup.gif

I just finished the terminators in my 1st vow. More pics here in my showcase log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140610_012_zps140de58d.jpg

I said it before and I'll say it again, those Cataphratii are beyond awesome. Consistnecy, depth and high quality painting in general! Lovely! (not a very Chaos-y exclamation but they are).

Sorry to double post. My titan is finished I finally have the pictures up...

Way, WAY, WAY WAY more pictures in this post in my showcase log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/DSC_1761_zps5ad33347.jpg

Thanks brother Sea4nl for the awesome pictures. thanks.gif

jawdrop.gif

THIS IS TOO MUCH! Amazing work there Augustus! Truly stunning stuff! I'm lost for words. So I shut up now. blink.png

I WANT THE NAME OF THIS TITAN!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

About Bob, names and power weapons - true story:

I went to eat dinner at a place called Bob Chin's yesterday. They serve seafood and crab. As I was eating (sea bass as it so happened), I see this guy at the next table closeby pull out an all silver case the size of a checkbook from his jacket. I remark "That's a nice case, what is it?". He says "Oh thats my own personal crab cracking tool - I call it CRAB'S BANE" as he pulls the engraved thing from its case. I reply "Oh, so its like a Power Weapon?" and he says "I suppose so".

About Bob, names and power weapons - true story:

I went to eat dinner at a place called Bob Chin's yesterday. They serve seafood and crab. As I was eating (sea bass as it so happened), I see this guy at the next table closeby pull out an all silver case the size of a checkbook from his jacket. I remark "That's a nice case, what is it?". He says "Oh thats my own personal crab cracking tool - I call it CRAB'S BANE" as he pulls the engraved thing from its case. I reply "Oh, so its like a Power Weapon?" and he says "I suppose so".

Crab's Bane - S: User AP: 2 Special rules: Crab sunderer

Crab Sunderer - Armourbane against Defilers, Soul Grinders and seafood both cooked and raw

Archived