+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

@Augustus: you want to do what into the land speeders? :o

@ SlaveToDarkness: consider removing this before the Chaos mods arrive - a bit too much for the family friendly forum we run here... ;)

@Augustus: you want to do what into the land speeders? ohmy.png

@ SlaveToDarkness: consider removing this before the Chaos mods arrive - a bit too much for the family friendly forum we run here... msn-wink.gif

meanie.

I didn't even notice that! lol, I can only imagine what Semper's real life face looked like when he read that.

http://vogueent.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_mbqr375rcr1r1fjj3o1_500.gif

Semper, I have two metal Dark Angel Land Speeders which I'd like to defecate into Chaos vehicles and I'd like to fow them as something from the Chaos Codex. I know a heldrake is WAY too involved. They are armed with assault cannon and heavy bolter (the SM codex gives land speeders with that load-out as costing 80 points). Is it ok for me to vow these (in a hypothetical second, third or fourth vow) as one vanilla Chaos predator with a twin bolter upgrade - 80 points?

That seems a bit much even for Chaos, though Nurgle might be about it.

LOL

Semper, I have two metal Dark Angel Land Speeders which I'd like to defecate into Chaos vehicles and I'd like to fow them as something from the Chaos Codex. I know a heldrake is WAY too involved. They are armed with assault cannon and heavy bolter (the SM codex gives land speeders with that load-out as costing 80 points). Is it ok for me to vow these (in a hypothetical second, third or fourth vow) as one vanilla Chaos predator with a twin bolter upgrade - 80 points?

Count as blight drones?  Seem like a decent option.  

Thegn Hrami, Chief Apothecary of the Iron Hounds, coming to rip the gene-seed out through the bloody stump of your neck:

gallery_53134_7133_24691.jpg

He counts-as a Chaos Terminator with an Icon of Excess, and my most recent progress in the ETL.

More progress to report tomorrow night...

Count as blight drones? Seem like a decent option.

@ Augustus: Plague Drones would be ideal... Do you have another one lying around? (as you need three minimum).

Dudes, that is an EXCELLENT IDEA! I LOVE IT!! I was going to make them into Fallen Angel land speeders just for :cusss and giggles, but if I field them as counts-as plague drones, I can actually field plague drones rules-wise, without sacrificing the Night Lords fluff of 'no corruption allowed'. biggrin.png laugh.png thumbsup.gif

Semper: Plague drones come in battle formations of 3-5 called 'Drone infestation' as well as in single models (it's in the Chaos section of the Imperial Armour Apocalypse book and they are 40k approved). I am doing this, but this does raise the following question: Land Speeders are tops 80 points and plague drones 150. This somewhat violates the ETL rule of 'no free points'. Now, these models *are* metal and I *am* going to deface (no nurgle defacation msn-wink.gif ) the living crap out of them to make them proper 40k Night Lords chaos vehicles, so there is a lot of work involved. But the question remains: how many points can I count them as? thumbsup.gif

Whatever the answer: thanks guys for this awesome idea!

I'll have to wait for Semper's reply. But whatever it is, I'm Nightlordifying those Land Speeders for sure! thumbsup.gif

I just finished the terminators in my 1st vow. More pics here in my showcase log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140610_012_zps140de58d.jpg

I'll have to wait for Semper's reply. But whatever it is, I'm Nightlordifying those Land Speeders for sure! thumbsup.gif

I just finished the terminators in my 1st vow. More pics here in my showcase log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140610_012_zps140de58d.jpg

These look great. Love the color, the base, the total package. Looking forward to seeing these speeder/drones you are working on.

Gub

@ Augustus: A fantastic squad of Termies there! The plasma glow is really something! thumbsup.gif

Now please note that Plague Drones are different to Blight Drones. The former cost 42pts a piece but you need 3 minimum while the Blight Drones are standalone units at 150pts a piece (if I recall)...

I think you are much closer to Plague Drones than Blight Drones. The question is, can you find a third? Otherwise we need to find another way around it...

Can't help but love those Night Lords!

Just basing my Decimator and Forge now. Although there are two things I want to fix on the latter first probably, as I want them to be perfect.

My brush just gave up the ghost. Bloody typical, I was on course to finish these guys tonight. Damn GW and their one man store policy, they're shut today so I can't just nip in to town and grab a new one.

Dragonlover

Archived