+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Need to get completing everyone. Especially those who have vowed Soul Vows and are still on their first vow...yes that includes me too.

Thegn Hrami, Chief Apothecary of the Iron Hounds, coming to rip the gene-seed out through the bloody stump of your neck:

He counts-as a Chaos Terminator with an Icon of Excess, and my most recent progress in the ETL.

More progress to report tomorrow night...

This is a great contrast of red and white! A VERY sharp result!!! Bravo Max - Hrami for the win! thumbsup.gif

Totally agreed on Max's apothecary - very nice and original reds. And an awesome conversion to boot. Nice work!

The red is just the new Evil Sunz Scarlet painted over a plain white base and washed with Agrax Earthshade, so it's nothing special, though I'm glad y'all like the mini! thumbsup.gif

Need to get completing everyone. Especially those who have vowed Soul Vows and are still on their first vow...yes that includes me too.

Totally right! I'm half way through my last 14 cultists. I'll be making my 2nd vow this weekend.

Chaos Sorcerer in TDA is finished:

gallery_53134_7133_116142.jpg

More angles in the WIP thread in my signature.

Need to finish up the Maulerbot next, hopefully get most of that done Friday night. It's been a cruddy week, but I'm glad that I've got one more item knocked off my vow... wacko.png

2nd update. They're slowly starting to look like legionnaires. The bulk of the basecoating is done. Next stop, washes and cleaning up armor. After that weapons, backpacks, skin and icon. Father Nurgle has blessed/cursed me, in spite of or because of my worship of Tzeentch, but I still hope to make some progress tonight.

Link to first update.

Progress pics:

gallery_62370_9693_90415.jpg

gallery_62370_9693_83276.jpg

What's this? Part of my next vow seems to have arrived in the mail. I wonder what these could be meant for...

gallery_62370_9693_78027.jpg

Great to see people upping it. I'm still stuck on my two because I've barely been at home, four conferences in three weeks takes a toll on a person... hopefully, I can just do the last of what I want to - and will be sorted.

And then obviously, the next vow...

OK guys, alarm clock time. You need to start delivering some completions this week because you're behind the AoDs, the BTs, the DAs and the HH is catching up fast.

So are you going to put up a fight or not?

Finally sorted a new brush out last night. I'm sorta regretting the Soul Vow now though.

Dragonlover

Don't regret. Plan your time. Don't get distracted. You only have to do 268 points at least for a second vow. Two sorcerers can do that surely (as an example).

Oh I know what I'm painting for it, the vow should be slamming in in the next 24 hours. There's just the little issue of spending five days at Sonisphere in a few weeks cutting massively into the painting time. The ETL wedding curse striking somewhat indirectly here, it's our delayed honeymoon after getting married last year.

I just have to paint the equivalent of a Marine every two days for it. No idea how to measure that when batch painting, but there you are.

Dragonlover

I just have to paint the equivalent of a Marine every two days for it. No idea how to measure that when batch painting, but there you are.

Five marines = ten days - which gives you much leeway as batch painting makes things go quicker thumbsup.gif

Dragonlover

Batch painting like that is really easy - setting up a production line, you can get through that in no time at all!

Five marines = ten days - which gives you much leeway as batch painting makes things go quicker thumbsup.gif

I... somehow forgot some really basic maths there. I may batch paint them in fives too, much more psychologically friendly.

Just gotta paint the eyes and Vow 1 is done.

Dragonlover

I... somehow forgot some really basic maths there. I may batch paint them in fives too, much more psychologically friendly.

Just gotta paint the eyes and Vow 1 is done.

Dragonlover

5 doesn't look as daunting ;)

OK guys, alarm clock time. You need to start delivering some completions this week because you're behind the AoDs, the BTs, the DAs and the HH is catching up fast.

So are you going to put up a fight or not?

I'm chain painting Greater Daemons and taking breaks by working a little bit on this model or some on that one.  I am actually ahead of where I anticipated being right now.  I only have very little finished as I keep putting down partially completed things to get something else going (like the winged IW Sorcerer is done except for his head and shoulder pads and the Raven Guard Sorcerer needs a few details done) while I start prepping a few things for a possible second vow (so far a Sorcerer, handful of Marines, maybe another Keeper of Secrets if I can find a left arm for it.  I foresee the bulk of the models in my vow being completed within a couple of days of each other at this rate.

I have a question, is it ok if there is no base for my heldrake when I finish it? I may have kind of melted it and the replacement base has not come in yet. I understand that not doing the basing is fine, but I want to make sure that the fact there is no base whatsoever will not be a problem.

I'm hung up on the raptors. There is so much trim for such little reward. Aside from that I am hoping to be done with my vow by the end of the month. After these raptors there are no more units of low point models. Just characters and vehicles.

I'm hung up on the raptors. There is so much trim for such little reward. Aside from that I am hoping to be done with my vow by the end of the month. After these raptors there are no more units of low point models. Just characters and vehicles.

Yes - I have never painted so much trim as on Raptors (or moreso Warp Talons - given the fins on their Jump Packs).

Archived