+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Forte, CONGRATS on your finish man, both looks fricking awesome. eek.gif And you are awesome vowing ANOTHER vow with an even larger vehicle and Khârn, with half the time left. You've earned my vow that I will include a Keeper of Secrets in my fifth. thumbsup.gif

Clone: congrats man, the KNight looks awesome. I'm particularly impressed by all the horns. Well done!thumbsup.gif

SlavetoDarkness: your spellbook for each vow idea is the best one I think. I'm going to copy that.

Yeah, the spellbooks idea is good. I just wish I had the bits for it.

Could make some green stuff books.

Thanks for the comments about the knight. Next year I'll enter in the ETL on time and make a vow that counts.

Yeah, the spellbooks idea is good.  I just wish I had the bits for it.

where you from? i got some books off the empire flagilant (sp?) kit kickin round

or you can make one out of thin card or paper

@slave: I'm in Baltimore, Maryland, in the US.  Downham Market is in Norfolk, England, not Norfolk, New Jersery, right?  In that case, the shipping cost and delay is probably a bit too much to make a trade by post reasonable.  Otherwise, I took a look at the flagellant sprues to see these books you mentioned, and they seem pretty ideal.  I might just head over to the store and pick up a box today or tomorrow.

Semper: would spellbook bits, one to represent each additional mastery level, be suitable enough to count those points as part of a vow?

Regardless, while the exact contents of my second vow are waiting on the spellbook ruling, I think I am ready to commit to a Soul Vow.

I, Malisteen, offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now! By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

And not just that, but a Penance Vow as well.

I swear, on the honor of the Black Legion, that I shall contribute more points to the chaos faction in this ETL than Forte.  If I fail, I vow to paint one Slaaneshi Chaos HQ in the colors of Forte's warband, to take over as warlord of my army in at least one battle as documented in a battle report with pictures.

You think you can insult me by dwarfing my contribution with this new vow, Forte?  After already attempting to upstage me with your own fancy forgefiend conversion*?  Well, I'll have my revenge!  Just you wait and see what I have in store for you.

*never mind that you pledged your fiend first, logic has no part in this.

Haha Forgefiend ramble!

I'll just add my (unfinished) one into the mix - because my thumb's inflammation is gone (as far as I can tell) and I can paint again! Just did the fleshy parts on it. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps225bb05c.jpg

I'd would also much appreciate some feedback on a choice between halberd or spear for the sorcerer on jetbike...

You know what?  You can stuff It too!

I Hereby swear to contribute more points than....

Augustus b'Raass | Vow 1 (1,458) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (362) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (540) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (300)

Actually, on second thought, I'm a gracious warlord. I think I'm going to let you off the hook this time, Raass.  Count yourself lucky!

@malisteen. Added the Soul Vow to the list :tu: Nice penance vow too. Nothing like a bit of pressure eh.

@Augustus. That's looking tasty.

You know what? You can stuff It too! I Hereby swear to contribute more points than....

Augustus b'Raass | Vow 1 (1,458) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (362) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (540) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (300)

Actually, on second thought, I'm a gracious warlord. I think I'm going to let you off the hook this time, Raass. Count yourself lucky!

Wow, was that almost the first auto-motivation vow in history or what? happy.png Whatever rocks your boat, malisteen - as long as you finish all your vows and make 'm count, your more than welcome to crush my total!wub.png

I'm going to make a penance vow of my own.

I, Steve Shields, vow that if Chaos does not win ETL 3 I will paint 3 warhounds and a reaver before ETL 4 and that they may not be used in a game until they are painted.

I, Steve Shields, vow that if Chaos does not win ETL 3 I will paint 3 warhounds and a reaver before ETL 4 and that they may not be used in a game until they are painted.

Now that is penance.

I don't know, shields, wouldn't it make more sense to paint the warhounds and reaver for the next ETL, rather than before?

All of these vows being completed look great.  I have determined that painting Thousand sons is not my cup of tea.  I have come up against a wall that is pretty difficult to get around.  They squad of 9 that i need to have VOW II complete is almost completed, just need to apply gold and then paint and attach bolters.  This is moving at a glacial pace though.

Not made any easier by the fact that I got my Tentacle Maker Toolbox in from Greenstuff Industries yesterday and the Nurgle follower in my is so ready to make pipes, tubes, tentacles, etc for all things Nurgle.  

So after that I am going to make myself a motivation vow of sorts as well.

I Gubnutz vow that if I do not complete the last elements of my second ETL vow by 7/7/14 and have them posted up here, then my vow III will have to include another 9 man Thousand Son Squad.

I know that it seems silly but I am not really wanting to paint TSons right now and this should motivate me to use hobby time to get these suckers completed.  It is odd though as painting Ahriman was a pleasure, I really enjoyed it but the rank and file Marines, not so much.  Perhaps this will motivate me to get these guys completed and added like all of the rest of you motivated souls.

Gub

Archived