+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Just wanted to say thanks to all involved.  This has been a great thing.  Loved seeing all the effort put forth by the faction, have enjoyed the banter, the motivation, and the fact that I actually got back to the painting table was a huge bonus.

Thanks to those that made it possible, and tho those that made it so enjoyable.

looking forward to CoC.  Not sure what I will be painting but that will sort it elf out I am sure.  Looking at the Nurgle forces I see that they are now well over the 7K point painted.  Need to get some group shots I guess.

Anyway, thanks again, my first ETL but will not be my last if another happens.

Gub

Hahaha! No, just to give Augustus a quick link of how things were in the previous Call and L&T...

Now I really need to see my schedule... rolleyes.gif

Much appreciated!

i shudder when i think of what ive nailed

I'll hit your nail on the head if you keep talking like that.

And the true nature of Chaos (the urge to attack itself) reasserts itself... laugh.png

I could make a witty but PiC joke about you, as a rainbow warrior, calling that an 'attack'. But since I am from Amsterdam and we had a gay old time over here, I won't. msn-wink.gif Instead, I'll just tell you that it's not my Chaotic nature, it's my Nostraman blood. tongue.png

And the true nature of Chaos (the urge to attack itself) reasserts itself... laugh.png

I could make a witty but PiC joke about you, as a rainbow warrior, calling that an 'attack'. But since I am from Amsterdam and we had a gay old time over here, I won't. msn-wink.gif Instead, I'll just tell you that it's not my Chaotic nature, it's my Nostraman blood. tongue.png

I'm more than a son of Prism you know msn-wink.gif Chaos is not just in my blood. It is my blood!

I feel dumb. I forgot about my mighty 5 man shotgun squad of Salamanders. Added to last year's ETL guys they made a legal army. So I have ETL to thank for two warhammer armies. :D

Agreed. You guys are inspiration. Thanks to Semper and all the participants here I have my first ever legal "battle-forged" army. Granted, it's not very coherent and would require use of the Black Legion book to count the chosen as troops, but it's legal. biggrin.png

I didn't quite do as many vows as I'd hoped, but I pushed my painting ability and came out with an army.

My third ever model was also a terribly painted snap fit marine. I bought the painting set with the five marines if I recall correctly. The Aspiring champ would have terrified me.

now we need to all get together and attack each other like chaos really would and see who is still standing with all these Chaos Lords and Sorcerers and see if we can replace Abbandon with a new Lord

Hey I just wanted to say congratulation, to the most vile sub-forum of power hungry, murderous, turncoats in the galaxy. You guys earned it. Though I must say when you have one guy vow 27,000 points, we'll... Lightning doesn't strike twice. We'll be taking that trophy back to the rock in 12 months so don't get too cozy with it.

Agreed. You guys are inspiration. Thanks to Semper and all the participants here I have my first ever legal "battle-forged" army. Granted, it's not very coherent and would require use of the Black Legion book to count the chosen as troops, but it's legal. biggrin.png

I didn't quite do as many vows as I'd hoped, but I pushed my painting ability and came out with an army.

My third ever model was also a terribly painted snap fit marine. I bought the painting set with the five marines if I recall correctly. The Aspiring champ would have terrified me.

Over the three months of ETL III I have doubled the amount of painted chaos models that I own (I've been playing for 8+ years). ETL (and the community, obviously), are an amazing motivator, and an incredibly positive experience.

As to first painted models, here's mine:

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/IMAG0192_zps3b1bf63a.jpg

I still have a lot to learn, but I've already improved greatly.

Though I must say when you have one guy vow 27,000 points, we'll... Lightning doesn't strike twice.

You clearly do not know Steveshields.
Tenacity personified.

Tenacity is the word I'm looking for, right?

Though I must say when you have one guy vow 27,000 points, we'll... Lightning doesn't strike twice.

You clearly do not know Steveshields.
Tenacity personified.

Tenacity is the word I'm looking for, right?

Dunno, but it must be something ending with -ity.

Anyone else getting antsy waiting for the update? I'm wandering through once an hour or so in the hope it's up. God knows there's sod all else to read here today, the B&C is unusually slow on a Sunday.

Dragonlover

Anyone else getting antsy waiting for the update? I'm wandering through once an hour or so in the hope it's up. God knows there's sod all else to read here today, the B&C is unusually slow on a Sunday.

Dragonlover

Yeah, absolutely. Sitting around chewing nails and checking the board for an update like every ten minutes. It's torture! Well, I guess forte and his Slaanesh-buddies are having a good time ;)

Archived