Forté ETL III WIP - vow 2 complete July 20

Forté

Always great to have some more slaaneshi stuff. Plus your work consistently looks super cool, Forté.

Can't wait for some paint on those bad boys.

Cheers Vesper. Always good to see more Slaanesh stuff from anyone these days.

Oooo, I like the simplicity of that Sorcerer conversion. Very effective. Gotta admit, loving the back of that Forgefiend too. Can't wait to see these guys painted up! thumbsup.gif

Many thanks. Glad I stopped where I did with the sorcerer. Plenty of area for colours anyway.

Good, not overdone, simple and effective. I like it!

Cheers and fingers crossed the painting will do it justice.

Time to add a penance vow to keep the motivation up.

I, forte, make a penance vow that if Chaos are beaten by the Black Templars faction, I will paint an Emperor's Champion to my usual painting standard.

And I'm about to get priming too ;)

+++ETL III UPDATE 3+++

Managed some painting. Was hoping to get the bases done but tried some Vallejo Glaze Medium in the dark wash and found it really slows drying time. So I ended up blocking in some colours on the sorcerer as the Forgefiend had a few areas I hit with the same wash as the bases.

Thinking on pastel blue/almost white coat, turquoise robes, and purple armour with a bright gold trim. I'm almost tempted to paint his skin almost like obsidian or a metal with a glowing rune and eyes. Gloves I've not decided on yet but possibly pale pink with black trim.

med_gallery_29004_9523_201160.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_55518.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality but thanks for looking. Till next time :thanks: :tu:

+++ETL3 UPDATE 4+++

Finally got my act together to get the brushes wet after a few too many over tired nights (and painting with tired eyes is always a great idea). Mostly drybrushing which I always find quite fun when being done on large areas. So here's the pics.

med_gallery_29004_9523_456246.jpg

Now, I don't know why I always try to get the bases done first these days. Used to always leave till last. The greys are done so it's just picking out the details really. And painting the unfortunate Black Templar too msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_29004_9523_249241.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_301762.jpg

Forgefiend starting to take shape. Some drybrushing with VMC Black Grey, Dark Blue Grey, and VGC Bone/metallic medium before picking out the metal areas with VMC Gunmetal Grey. Next will be fun with washes to smooth it out and add an unnatural feel to it all.

med_gallery_29004_9523_85255.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_26357.jpg

More work on the shadows. Most of which don't seem to show in the pictures (typically) but still a long way to go.

med_gallery_29004_9523_77772.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_68464.jpg

And shadows started on the little fella too.

Overall I'm happy with the direction these are going but do realise I have a lot to do if I'm going to finish them b the end of May so I can start the next bits.

Cheers for your time and good luck with your own vows thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Welcome back B&C (thank you Brother Argos).

Bit of a frustrating night all round really. No B&C, decided I didn't like how the shading on the sorcerers cape was going, and after sitting down and getting into a nice flow...a fuse blew in one of my lamps furious.gifcensored.gifwallbash.gif So here's where I got to (which isn't a huge change really):

+++ETL3 UPDATE 5+++

Sorcerer

med_gallery_29004_9523_119002.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_23321.jpg

You can just about see the shading on the robes but I need to work on those a bit more in the deepest areas. The cape needed to be taken back to the base but has had it's first glaze. Think I need to get a skin colour on the head too. Mainly to get rid of the white blobs yes.gif

His little friend is fully shaded and ready for highlighting

med_gallery_29004_9523_43428.jpg

Forgefiend

Gave the biomechanical areas a purple wash and the went over the metal parts with some old armour wash. Should be ready for highlights now.

med_gallery_29004_9523_59429.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_163610.jpg

And some more work on his dinner too

med_gallery_29004_9523_203073.jpg

And that was all I got done really....well....there was a bit of building, but nothing important

med_gallery_29004_9523_208974.jpg

Just got to finish building that and take the mini drill to it for some true damage. And to deface the Aquilas.

Lastly, for those of you painting for Chaos. This is the other area that's been taking a little time

gallery_29004_9303_633928.png

Anyone can add the following to a post in the original ETL3 Realms of Chaos Strategium thread

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

There's even some little trinkets which will be yours if you complete.

So, as ever. Thank you for looking, good luck with your vows (unless you're a Black Templar whoops.gif ) thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

Welcome back after technical hitches (well done Brother Argos for getting us up and running again).

+++E TENEBRAE LUX UPDATE 5/6+++

Had a couple of sessions since the last update. One a bit more successful, but you'll see that below.

So, on to the first session for starters.

med_gallery_29004_9523_25628.jpg

Base is done. Familiar is a nice pink (colour in the picture looks quite washed out. Need to check my phone settings), face is pink too, highlighting started on the robes, and cape restarted as I wasn't happy with the shading.

med_gallery_29004_9523_90820.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_34418.jpg

My first ever Black Templar (well, half). First time using Vallejo Decal Medium too. Think I need to invest in some Decal Fix too but I'm still happy with the result.

Then before session 2...my five year old got a good shot with a Nerf gun!

So, the staff got snapped! I was...shall we say, a little annoyed. It wouldn't glue flush and I couldn't sculpt stitched skin round it as the break kept coming apart (I have pinned it too) so he now looks like this

med_gallery_29004_9523_57791.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_394447.jpg

That will be painted as more flesh but with runes on.

I really wasn't in the mood to paint so I thought I'd carry on with the Stormsword construction and got this far

med_gallery_29004_9523_251839.jpg

And then my poly cement ran out furious.gif So not a good day really.

Hopefully I'll get more painting done next time as Mr Forgefiend is starting to look a little left out and colourless.

Thank you for looking. Next time I'll remember to crop my pics too. And if you're with Chaos, don't forget to make your Soul Vow thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Good ideas excellently realized - especially the fiend. Love the Sorcerer too, he looks properly disturbing. Nice work :)

I would wish you the luck of the Dark God's for with your vows, but I don't think you need it ;)

Cheers Midnight Runner.

nah he just needs a fuse and glue

Fuse is sorted ;) Still need glue though. Tomorrow fingers crossed.

+++ETL3 UPDATE 7+++

Got some more painting done tonight. More focusing on the Forgefiend to try and get some colour going. Once the highlights and trim go into place it'll look much better I'm sure.

med_gallery_29004_9523_330124.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_230581.jpg

Still loads to do but heading the right way. Got to work out where to add some garish crazy stuff and the forearm plates may get that treatment.

med_gallery_29004_9523_142116.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_81998.jpg

Had to do some work on him. Mainly shading the face and backpack. Basecoats on some flesh areas and the staff too. Just to keep things moving.

I'll have a look at my phones camera settings as I don't like the pics it's taking so I'll play with the settings. Hopefully get some less washed out photos next time.

Cheers for popping by. C&C greatly received thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

That sorcerer is pleasantly disturbing. I didn't realize he had that face before.

Guessing you mean his belt ;)

I'm pleased with this.  Although that's because this is secretly a Chaos Genestealer Cult with that paint scheme, right ;)?

No, he's no Genestealer Cultist. I have proper models for those. But they are classed as Xenos so I'll not sulley these pages with those ;)

That sorcerer is pleasantly disturbing. I didn't realize he had that face before.

Guessing you mean his belt msn-wink.gif

No, his actual face. When it was all white I hadn't realized he had that half-a-glasgow-smile look, I just thought he was a smooth-face.

Forté, I love your minis as much as I loathe your patron deity. ;)

That sorcerer is wonderful. The hand holding the staff is such a great touch, and the choice of head is perfect. Really liking what you've done with the fiend, too. Always looking forward to seeing more.

Guessing you mean his belt ;)

No, his actual face. When it was all white I hadn't realized he had that half-a-glasgow-smile look, I just thought he was a smooth-face.

Haha. Had that head for a little while and couldn't work out what to do with it so I'm glad it works so well.

Forté, I love your minis as much as I loathe your patron deity. ;)

That sorcerer is wonderful. The hand holding the staff is such a great touch, and the choice of head is perfect. Really liking what you've done with the fiend, too. Always looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers Kvlt. Everyone worships Slaanesh. They just don't realise ;)

Hey Forte, your projects are shaping up really great! That sorceror looks really scary. Is the face custom made, or part of a standard kit?

That Sorceror is fantastic and I'd like to know where the head comes from, too.

Many thanks to you both. I've lost track of how many times I've been asked about the head now. It's from the Fantasy Chaos Chariot kit. Have a look on some bits sites as it has a lot of interesting parts.

FORTE!!! Man I just realized I haven't even once at this thread and leave a comment in support. Shame on me.

I *really* like what you're doing. The forgefiend is I think the best conversion of the kit to include the maulerarms. I've seen tons, but your solution of using the magma cutter arms is VERY creative and smart. Well done mate. Also, the sorcerer is just stunning. Your painting is sooo crisp. Very nice.

Keep it up mate and don;t let yourself be distracted by little setbacks. You're on the right track. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

BTW if you don't finish this vow I will personally summon six daemonettes and send them to 'torture' you.

Many thanks.

The Forgefiend idea was not mine. I found a few pics on Google and that was how they did it. I have changed the back legs for the longer ones and altered the angle of the feet a bit too. The head has a magnetized tongue too for when I'm not using the ecto head ;)

Archived