Forté ETL III WIP - vow 2 complete July 20

Forté

Assuming everything goes as planned and Augustus does his KoS; what do loadout do you want on the TDA that I'm going to build for you Forte?

What are the options available really? I usually look to the Crimson Slaughter dex lately.

RA: Combi-Bolter, Combi-Melta, Combi-Flamer, Combi-Plasma

LA: Power Sword, Power Maul, Power Axe, Power Fist, Chain Fist, Lightning Claw

or 2 Lightning Claw or Power Fist + Lightning Claw

Assuming everything goes as planned and Augustus does his KoS; what do loadout do you want on the TDA that I'm going to build for you Forte?

What are the options available really? I usually look to the Crimson Slaughter dex lately.

Probably Combi-Melta and Power Axe I reckon.

Probably Combi-Melta and Power Axe I reckon.

Building him now. Will do flayed faces in tribute to your and Augustus' work.

Building him now. Will do flayed faces in tribute to your and Augustus' work.

Tease.

I will be going to sleep soon. Been painting gold trim, weapons, and more layers of gold. I dislike painting gold I've decided ;)

Models look really cool, Forte. Forgefiend look really cool :D

What models are you planning on adding to your Chaos warband in the future?

IP

Many thanks for the comments coming from someone who loves your amazing IW army :tu:

Well, I've still not done any troops at all and I want to do a Lord too. But I think after the ETL I may paint something a bit less colourful and possibly even a different game system. Just as a break and to try new things.

So, SlaveToDarkness said "pix or it didn't happen" when I said I'd finished the gold areas. Well...here's the proof tongue.png

med_gallery_29004_9523_6236.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_61891.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_164848.jpg

sml_gallery_29004_9523_14587.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_62221.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_647368.jpg

As you can see, there's not too much left to do now so a second vow should be possible. Also, I need to work on taking photos. Shame I'm having to use my phone. Oh well.

Thank you for looking and feel free to leave comments, critique, donations for chocolate thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Looking good. What did you do for the gold on the forgefiend. It looks almost non metal metal

I did the gold on both models at the same time. Just found it easier on the sorcerer.

This is pretty much what I did:

1. Scorched Brown/Shining Gold base

2. Armour Wash added around rivets and in dark shadows

3. Shining Gold with a little Scorched Brown as a first highlight

4. Chestnut Wash used to give some shape

5. Shining Gold

6. Shining Gold with some Vallejo Metallic Medium

7. As 6 with more Metallic Medium

8. Metallic Medium

As you can see, most of my paints are old GW (the washes are old hexagonal blue lid pots. The highlights were mostly stippled too on the fiend.

Looking great Forte! Very nice work my man. I love the gold, it looks very clear (and your pics are fine). What are you going to do when you run out of chesnut? I mean, the other paints have basically been replaced with equivalents, but the old wahses have very unique capiliary and colour properties... I speak form experience! Took me a while to adjust to the new washes. And then they cancelled Devlan Mud...

I'm fairly sure old ones are just the Coat D'arms paints and washes now and I know they do armour wash so fingers crossed. I know what you mean though.

As for the pictures though, I find them to be a bit blurry so I'm not totally happy with them. It's all practice though.

think i got chestnut im not using, its virtually the same as flesh wash and ive now decided i dont like the old inks, if ya run out giz a shout and ill send it with some chocolate

think i got chestnut im not using, its virtually the same as flesh wash and ive now decided i dont like the old inks, if ya run out giz a shout and ill send it with some chocolate

Not really a fan of inks anyway. Though I'll be using some on the tank for oil etc.

Very nice job on the gold and I have to applaud you on the witch. He/She/It (never can tell with you guys) is particularly disturbing looking, which I think is the effect you were looking for. :)

Well done.

Very nice job on the gold and I have to applaud you on the witch. He/She/It (never can tell with you guys) is particularly disturbing looking, which I think is the effect you were looking for. :)

Well done.

Many thanks. Have to say it's turning out better than I hopped for. Seemed to click when the colour went on the face.

Yes, yes, and yes!!!!!

Say hello to a completed Faustus 'the Licentious' Belatari.

med_gallery_29004_9523_512538.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_375621.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_113566.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_133111.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_316460.jpg

And yes, I am stupidly happy with how he has ended up.

Thank you for your encouraging comments and critiques. Next up, a finished Forgefiend for a completed first ETLIII vow. Till then, happy painting thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Archived