ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

And that's the end of a hectic 3-month Crusade.

Once again Brothers, we have surprised the enemy with our numbers, determination and especially our Zeal!

It was again my honor to stand beside such talented, fun and zealous people. You guys are awesome. thumbsup.gif

And now I've got plenty of time to amass a hoard for the next ETL....devil.gif

Yes, the three vows are finished! I am no oath-breaker. There's no glory in pointless defeat, I were forced to perform a tactical retreat.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

AND BEST OF LUCK AND A BUCKETLOAD OF ZEAL FOR ALL OF US WHO STILL PAINT ON!

There is no tactical retreat!

Yet, there is tactical movement in alternative directions.

cool.png

Do not be so eager for a supplement. Look at the Iron Hands mellow.png

Besides, they already took the best parts of our fluff and used it for the Imperial Fists supplement instead. God knows what they'd make up for us now.

Do not be so eager for a supplement. Look at the Iron Hands mellow.png Besides, they already took the best parts of our fluff and used it for the Imperial Fists supplement instead. God knows what they'd make up for us now.

My guess would either be a supplement with crappy fluff and great relics (Raukan) or decent fluff and horrid relics compared to standard codex and clan raukan (sentinels of Terra). There doesn't really seem to be any middle ground for supplements in the fluff/rules/relics department; or not one I've stumbled across yet at least.

Not having a supplement could be viewed as a bit of a blessing really; we aren't burdened with bad fluff (the change to emperor's divinity worship notwithstanding); or losing access to great relics like the teeth of terra or shield eternal for mediocre relics and potentially abysmal rule "boons". There is more than one way to flay a heathen after all; when it comes to compensating for any shortcomings a BT list might have. In fact, looking at the BT chapter tactics, forgeworld chapter tactics as well as the siege vanguard list-- you could make a convincing elite "sword brethren" allied detachment for a black templar army. There are a lot of mean tricks you could pull out of a bag to throw an enemy off of his game while keeping true to the core tenants of templardom. All of which don't involve allying with filthy psyker witch deviants.

Yeah, that tiny bit of crap fluff we got in the Dex is my big worry.  They turned the Fists into the chapter of the Eternal Crusade (literally, those exact words) which leaves us with...

So the platform for the whole supplement could very well be the fluff they haphazardly drafted up for the Dex, which would be taking "bad" and making it "horrid."

It would take some pretty serious rule bonuses to make up for the potential (read: likely) fluff damage of the theoretical supplement.  Vows, the Holy Orb, and a halfway decent Champion for starters.  

But this is straying off topic and into a dead horse. :P

Well, I guess that's an upside of not getting much done this year for me - plenty I can vow next year... depending on what I'll end up painting in between, of course. Not gonna end up with nearly a year of not painting at all this time! But I have IG, Sisters, and even filthy traitors and orks to use as target practise that I could paint, so not necessarily anything that I'd be vowing.

Yeah, that tiny bit of crap fluff we got in the Dex is my big worry. They turned the Fists into the chapter of the Eternal Crusade (literally, those exact words) which leaves us with...

So the platform for the whole supplement could very well be the fluff they haphazardly drafted up for the Dex, which would be taking "bad" and making it "horrid."

It would take some pretty serious rule bonuses to make up for the potential (read: likely) fluff damage of the theoretical supplement. Vows, the Holy Orb, and a halfway decent Champion for starters.

But this is straying off topic and into a dead horse. tongue.png

Well to be fair brother they are on a eternal crusade to defend things. As desmonstrated by our dealings with the salamanders we attack.

Well brothers we lost....and to Chaos, AoD, and Dark Angels...the last stings a bit.

Alas I was hoping we would at least beat them. So I guess I am going to have to stop buying BT minis to expand the ever growing crusade and stock up on my penance vow for ETL IV. I am painting for the DA forum next year and have to make a Captain Semper model as well.

Wow I am actually a little shell shocked right now. I have an entire deathwing terminator company formation to do for next year!!! Time to start buying...heck 100+ termies, plus LRCs, dreads and extra stuff should be cheap right?!? LOL

Congrats to all who completed their vows, and a special bonus pat on the back to Mike Zulu for walking away with a special award for his stunning Sword Brethren squad.

I'll be distributing pats to the back for all those who failed for the next few weeks, or until I run out of Paddleums. Disgraceful, truly. furious.gif

Sigh....now I gotta work my signature all around again. I hate doing that.

right, well this won't stand, I do not intend to paint any templars before next year now, I will continue to buy them and just leave them in boxes. Next year the crusade shall return and we shall show the traitors our power!

You do know we didn't lose right?  Technically we won, if not for the heretical dark angels twisted by chaos influencing our need to stand alone.

The combined might of the angels of death took the field, and annihilated all opposition.  I consider this a tactical outflank maneuver.  The fists, hands, ravens, and scars hold the enemies attention...allowing them to think they have won.

But look to the heavens brothers.  Our brothers strike  from where darkness seems deepest, bringing the emperors light, and his justice to those foul twisted denzins of the warp and their sickly allies.

And I say ONWARDS Brothers!

Strike until their shields break.

Strike until their foul gods leave them.

Strike until their blood stains the earth.

Strike until no heretic, witch, or daemon stains our vision with their presence!

Strike until the day our crusade ends.

I too hope to be much better prepared for next year and not loose a few weeks on each end to scheduling if at all possible... also I will be accumulating many chapter masters and other points dense characters to paint to maximize effort.

I like the way you lot think.

It was the DA that seperated us from our Space Marine allies, but as Brother Greggles pointed out, OUR codex won.

Ha ha, stick that on your chaos spikes. furious.gif

But I also agree with others here, i did not know of the ETL before this years kicked off, so next year, more models, more time, better planning. biggrin.png

We don't need more models just more points... all of the gubbins... the cc ones that is... vanguard with TH/SS melta bombs, jump packs and everything else in droves... just because they would be awesome and points heavy, and awesome.

Honestly, everyone should plan on a squad of at least ten of these guys with a chaplain and chapter master leading them just as a show of solidarity. As well as to see everyone's unique take on the same unit.

Or just go nuts and make the whole squad into chapter masters and Chaplins with LOTS of gubbins and Templars bling to justify it... would be an awesome post to see all of the pictures of the completed companies lined up.

Just think, a whole codex company of Marshals could be our painting goal for next year... that would be right zealous of us.

right, well this won't stand, I do not intend to paint any templars before next year now, I will continue to buy them and just leave them in boxes. Next year the crusade shall return and we shall show the traitors our power!

Excellent idea, although I would make one suggestion for your plan. I would remove them from the boxes, then prep/assemble them so that they are ready for painting at the start of the ETL IV.

ph34r.png

Archived