ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

Yes! Well done, Ace! Great models, and an awesome completion for the Templars! thumbsup.gif

Now, how about an official Black Templars ETL3 Crusade Badge? We should design one (and possibly ask for it to be included in our victory banners?) wink.png

So now the question for me is what to vow next. The Sternguard Sword Brethren are certainly in. They tally 305 by themselves. I could add a transport, I have a razorback that is nearly ready for paint. Also I have the Ironclad Dread ready to go. I'd rather not do the Vanguard and save them for vow 3 or 4.  I'm kind of tired of vehicles atm so I could probably manage the rhino or the dread but don't want to do both :lol:  Cypher would be easy as he's almost 200 by himself. I could also do a Techmarine(who'd be a MotF) for nearly the same points. 

What shall I do brothers?

I'd get a full sternguard painted for 7th. They are top quality now, and as a scoring unit they only get that much better. Cypher always seems like a guy to have access to just incase the list calls for it. With roll-over wounds in challenges, he becomes brutal even before hit and run and shrouded factor in.

So a thought occurred to me today as I was sitting at work board out of my mind. The ETL for lack of a better sense would be considered a crusade to us, and to top that a crusade that has marshalled the entire chapter to the cause. So finally getting to my train of thought, which was helped along by seeing some of our brothers ETL tabs on vehicles or crusaders, we are without a crusade badge for the chapter as a whole during this crusade. I know the good Captain has made individual posters for the factions but we are Templar and would require something of our own for the hall of records aboard the Eternal Crusader. 

Again just a thought, so I started doodling and came up with something similar to the good Captain's but our own as well, Again I'm sorry I don't know how to work photo shop or other programs as such and there is a lack of colour.

http://i.imgur.com/4h0poRK.jpg?1

I was thinking that everything on the right side would be the same greens as what Captain Semper had but the left is ours, with all the names recorded for the hall of records of who participated this year.
Anyway was only a idea, not to sure what everyone else thinks about this.

HLVW - Do you mean something like this?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y383/valkyrieundead/ETL3_zpsb45dbb4e.png

Edit - Sorry its not like your sketch, I felt like doing a lazy design with straight lines

Brothers, I bring disturbing news, even with the arrival of Chaplain Grimaldus and the possible arrival of High Marshal Helbrecht to my Crusade, I have to report further delays in my return home (my TOD has been extended), but fear not, with the added ZEAL from being extended I will endeavor to complete my Initial Vow in time to aid you in this Chapter wide Crusade.

Faith and Duty Brothers.

@ValkyrieUndead- Thats awesome, I know it is probably harder to do on computer but I was trying to fill the entire side with the names, kind of like the way it is described in Helsreach with the Templars oaths engraved into their shoulder pauldrons. But that looks wicked.

Yeah, I can't even make out our names! tongue.png msn-wink.gif

Also, for tiny Templar crosses, can I suggest a simple cross "+" with tiny "V"'s at the ends. Works well enough to get the look from a small distance. thumbsup.gif

Seriously, cool badge HLVW & ValkyrieUndead. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I can't even make out our names! tongue.pngmsn-wink.gif

Also, for tiny Templar crosses, can I suggest a simple cross "+" with tiny "V"'s at the ends. Works well enough to get the look from a small distance. thumbsup.gif

Seriously, cool badge HLVW & ValkyrieUndead. thumbsup.gif

Most of the crosses shown on rulebook and codex artwork and models are actually like this.

So a thought occurred to me today as I was sitting at work board out of my mind. The ETL for lack of a better sense would be considered a crusade to us, and to top that a crusade that has marshalled the entire chapter to the cause. So finally getting to my train of thought, which was helped along by seeing some of our brothers ETL tabs on vehicles or crusaders, we are without a crusade badge for the chapter as a whole during this crusade. I know the good Captain has made individual posters for the factions but we are Templar and would require something of our own for the hall of records aboard the Eternal Crusader. 

Again just a thought, so I started doodling and came up with something similar to the good Captain's but our own as well, Again I'm sorry I don't know how to work photo shop or other programs as such and there is a lack of colour.

http://i.imgur.com/4h0poRK.jpg?1

I was thinking that everything on the right side would be the same greens as what Captain Semper had but the left is ours, with all the names recorded for the hall of records of who participated this year.

Anyway was only a idea, not to sure what everyone else thinks about this.

I liked your idea so much, that I had to give it a try. I couldn't decide on the colour of the left side, but as the Dreadnought has already a number of bleached bone heraldry shields, I went with bone. And here is the result:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/ETL/P1070469_zps80ac115d.jpg

If you use your imagination, you can see a Maltese cross on the left side, and ETL III on the right. Unfortunately I miscalculated the size of of the sign (I thought I were able to make it smaller) and it turned out like it did. If you know what there should be, you can read it. Otherwise, good luck, right?

Well, let me know if you like it.

That is awesome, very nicely done and I am happy that the idea has garnered a lot of positive feedback. Now I jsut need to figure out which version I like more, since seeing yours fully coloured and Valkyries both look great.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb208/Iriakforte/IMG_20140528_141616.jpg

so I tried to get that badge onto a terminator....my hands aren't nearly stable enough for it D:

just a trick, use a micron pen for all your script and purity seals, that's how I do mine. I picked it up from a  YouTube channel awesomepaintjob, he has some great vids.

I wasnt here for a couple of months, as I bought a house and emptied my our old flat just today. Online again since three days. Seems I just came here for the right time.

However I dont find where to bolster the Crusade strength with my vow. Could someone point it out?

Can I vow a Caestus Assault ram?

Archived