ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

Can I vow a Caestus Assault ram?

Absolutely!

You may unleash your  ZEAL here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290382-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-angels-of-death-strategium/

Your timing  is most fortuitous, Brother.

Now is the time for swords, now is the time for heroes, now is the time for ZEAL!

Greetings Brothers. To my great shame my crusade that I began assembling last fall still remains unpainted http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/280740-methuselah-crusade/  The great work of my crusading Brothers has inspired me to cast off doubts and embrace my burden that only in death does duty end. For the glory of the Primarch and the Emperor I will take up my brush and continue the eternal crusade and join in our righteous march to victory in ETL III.

My Will is like unto adamantium, my Hatred burns as bright and limitless as the stars themselves and my Faith is as endless as the galaxy itself.

I do have a slight problem that requires assistance from my Brothers, the only codex I have is the Black Templars Codex (it's the only one I need!) so I don't know the current point values. I plan on grouping my models into squads this evening/tomorrow morning so I can post them and get help determining the point values per squad if that's cool. Also, what's the point value for Cypher? I discovered that I have enough bits to cobble him together so I figured he'd be a good model to test out painting techniques this weekend. Plus it lets me partake in the joy of mocking those haughty witch lovers.

My gratitude to you all is as boundless as my Zeal.

@GD: PM me and we can talk vows. To get your foot in the door and get registered, you could vow Cypher who is 190 points. However, we have until tomorrow to get you  a bigger vow if you want.

Welcome back brother,as every sword is needed this crusade.

@GD: PM me and we can talk vows. To get your foot in the door and get registered, you could vow Cypher who is 190 points. However, we have until tomorrow to get you  a bigger vow if you want.

Welcome back brother,as every sword is needed this crusade.

Excellent. I will go post my Cypher vow to get on the board and shoot you a PM.

Cypher is pledged.

My vow is now completed, but only in death does duty end (and even in death I still serve!).

Sadly, I have no more reinforcements to provide for the Crusade, as my Stormraven is past the point where I feel it would be honourable to enter it as "unpainted", despite still having substantial amounts of work required to finish it.

++Helfen, Wehren, Heilen++

My vow is now completed, but only in death does duty end (and even in death I still serve!).

Sadly, I have no more reinforcements to provide for the Crusade, as my Stormraven is past the point where I feel it would be honourable to enter it as "unpainted", despite still having substantial amounts of work required to finish it.

++Helfen, Wehren, Heilen++

What is important is that you answered the call of your brothers and honored your chapter.

When you were needed, your sword was there in the thick of battle. No one could ask for more.

Ave Brother!

Brothers! How can we have let this topic fall off of the first page! 5 minutes in the pain glove for everyone!

With the 5th week of the ETL, the race is tightning up, Chaos, DA, HH, and us are all virtually tied. AoD still leads the way but are losing ground because most of their points are from Arizonajirt.  Now is not the time for complacency! We must rise up and be diligent. Finish those vows and vow again! Let the ZEAL flow through you!! There is nothing to fear except failure itself, there is only a choice defeat them or be defeated by them. And DEFEAT THEM WE SHALL!!!

***Incoming transmission***

++Source: The Eternal Crusader++

+Decoding.....+

++Message received++

***Knights of the Black Templars, report in. What is the status of your vows? ***

Helbrecht complete, Assault Terminators complete, Chaplain complete unless I can get my hands on a skull helm for him, Storm Raven starts soon and Cypher will be done as soon as I can get my hands on a bolt pistol for his right hand.

forgive me my brothers for I have sinned!!

I have given in to the call of the ice and the howl of the wolf, my heart has tarried in frozen Asaheim amongst the spirits of the world

I swear to you that I shall finish my final conversion for my wolf army tonight and then my arm shall be the Templars once more! I shall finish my vow and the second which I already have on my desk ready to go! I SHALL NOT FAIL MY BROTHERS AGAIN!!!

I swear to you that I shall finish my final conversion for my wolf army tonight and then my arm shall be the Templars once more! I shall finish my vow and the second which I already have on my desk ready to go! I SHALL NOT FAIL MY BROTHERS AGAIN!!!

So it is written. So shall it be done.

You are a Templar. Your honor is your word. We believe that you will stand with your brothers and face the enemy when your chapter's need is greatest.

NOW PICK UP YOUR SWORD AND GO FORTH INTO BATTLE. LET THE ENEMY QUAKE IN FEAR AT THE RELEASE OF YOUR UNLEASHED ZEAL!

18x Initiates completed, 2x Sword Bretheren Completed, Captain and 5x Assault termies have started and are on there way.

Pics will follow later tonight.

***Knights of the Black Templars, report in. What is the status of your vows? ***

Unfortunately, a good majority of my paints are dried up, and I lack the finances to replace them.  I'm waiting for a friend to recover from a bought of illness before I go over and use his paints to finish my Cypher for this year's ETL.  

In the meantime, I am doing work on what I can when I can, in the hopes that I can make a proper showing for next year's ETL.  I may be a Confessor, but I fight alongside the true heroes of mankind, the Templars! 

I am about 15-20% complete on my vow. I have about 1000 points almost done. Lucky for me and the ETL brothers, I am off my winter job and am daddy day care for the twins during the summer, so I have plenty of time for the process. My original goal was first week of July to be completely done, but I may be able to shave some time off of that, so I can re-vow.

I am working very hard and my wife is very understanding of how important this is too me personally and is giving me a lot of latitude.

I will get pictures and an update out by Sunday evening Brothers!!

- 1 Thunderhawk w/turbo laser, cluster bombs [835] - it's out of the bag, cleaned and washed, priming is next

- 1 Stormeagle w/typhoon, twin link las [310] - it's in the bag still

- 2 squads of Devastator Centurions w/ omni, grav, ML [290x2=580] - both squads will be ready and finished this weekend

- 1 Fortress of Redemption w/krakstorm, 4x heavy bolter [290] - primed, built, and 75% painted should be done this weekend

- 3 Imperial Knight Paladins Custom Built [375x3=1,125] - I got them 50% built and primed but need more bits

- 2 Ceastus Assault Rams [275x2=550] - cleaned, washed, primed and 50% built on one, other is cleaned, washed and primed

- 2 Hunter Tanks [2x70=140] - in the boxes

- 2 Stalker Tanks [2x75=150] - in the boxes

- 1 Captain w/ power weapon, grav pistol [140] - built, primed, painted should be done this weekend

- 1 Termi Assault Squad th/SS [225] - built and primed

- 1 Crusader squad, 9 men, 1 sgt, 5 neo, power fist, grav pistol, ML, flamer [265] - in the box

- 1 Crusader squad, 9 men, 1 sgt, 5 neo, power weapon, grav pistol, ML, melta [260] -in the box

- 1 Helbrecth [180] - built and primed

Total = 5050

Completed to date - 0

Storm talon and thus my entire vow 1 should be complete today (technically its pretty much already done, but get caught up in the details).  2nd vow is about the same points (500ish, and consists of a selection of grand HQ's)

Greetings brother Templars

My vow so far is coming along nicely (in a steady but regretably slow pace)

I stand a t about 80% completion on each of my crusaders (I paint them in something like an industry line)

and have completed 2 guys, a bolter crusader and a combi bolter sword brother (I really like the look of the sword brothers banner :D)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg309/moric_photos/wip2vow1001.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg309/moric_photos/wip2vow1002.jpg

I think I am gonna have all the sword brothers bear my crusades badge 

I like that combi-plasma conversion!

If I may offer a suggestion on the banner. Give it a wash(not necessarily a dark color) to bring out the folds in the top and soften the lines. Otherwise nice freehand!

Nice!

My second vow is progressing; Cypher and the Ironclad are done and Grimaldus has his first base-coats on. Just need 1 more proper day of painting!

Then I have a new vow to do - two chapter masters and an Emperor's Champion ;)

Then maybe a 5-man sternguard squad as well?

Beyond that, I think I'm just into re-painting existing models I think?

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++

+++ ENCRYPTION LEVEL - NO ENCRYPTION FOUND +++

+++ HEAR US. ENEMIES OF MANKIND BE AWARE +++

+++ WE ARE HERE +++

+++ WE ARE THE BLACK TEMPLARS +++

+++ YOUR DESTRUCTION IS ASSURED +++

+++ TRANSMISSION ENDS +++

I finally return home on Monday. I have 3 weeks leave booked and will be starting on my first Vow, LRC and EC. My second Vow will probably be my Stormlord and Grimaldus. Fear not Brothers I may be late to the party, but I will be bringing my A game. msn-wink.gif

***Incoming transmission***

++Source: Battle Barge "Sigismund's Lance"++

+Decoding.....+

++Message received++

Our progress is steady, the Plasma Cannons are ready for war, our Stormtalon is in need of some repairs, but should be done swiftly, and most importantly, I have received word that a group of expert marksmen are to join us within 24 standard Terran hours. In short, we expect to complete our vow within two weeks, although some simulations suggest it might be done earlier...

Imperator Vult!

++Opening attached file.....++

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/ETL%20III%20pics/S1032581.jpg

++Message End++

Archived