ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

@Ace: I really should remove those boxes when I take pictures.rolleyes.gif Actually, those are boxes carrying vital equipment. Such as Rhino/Land Raider doors and hatches! cool.png

Brethren of the Crusade of ZEAL!

You have embarked upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the galaxy are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave allied brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the Chaos war machine, the elimination of heretical tyranny over the oppressed peoples of the Emperor, and security for ourselves in a free empire.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year M41! Much has happened since the Chaos triumphs of  M30. The United Chapters have inflicted upon Chaos great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting warriors. The tide has turned! The United Chapters of the Emperor are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck! and Let us all beseech the blessing of the Almighty God Emperor upon this great and noble undertaking.

~ Marshal Eisenhauer

Edited to eliminate the time travel loops

• 3 weeks later...

Brothers, I bring you news that can only be described as a crusader's darkest hour-- we, the brothers in arms who battle under the templar banner, have fallen into 3rd place behind the Angels of Death, and now the Dark Angels.

I realize that the majority of the AoD vows have been the solitary efforts of one individual, arizonajiart; and he and his ilk are to be commended.  But to fall behind a chapter built upon a foundation and set of behaviors that can only be described as dubious at best?  That is an indignity we cannot bear on this eternal crusade.

Take up your paintbrushes and carve swathes through your vows, just as your most trusted chainsword culls the heathen!  Let thine glue and thine clippers help muster the ground forces needed to carry the banner through those harrowing battlements to victory! Tear the robes from the defeated, and sew new banners from them! Let them carry the true colors of heroism!

The yellow of our Primogenitor, Rogal Dorn!

The Black of his champion, Sigismund!

And lest we forget the deepest red! Not to memorialize our martyred dead, they live on inside of us. No, to celebrate the blood that is yet to be shed! And the ZEAL with which we will shed it! 

To arms brothers! 

The DA are in 4th. We are in third only slightly behind Chaos.  I'm not too worried yet, we still have a lot of vows to come in yet and AoD is still within reach. My biggest concernt atm is Chaos with their two mega vows.

Yup, the sheer amount pledged is worrying. And yet, this is chaos, they are oathbreakers after all! Just stick to getting your vows completed and make sure you have time to add a quick Oath of Zeal before the end ;)

I have had a lot of work on recently, but I also have a 5-day crusade to Scotland next week where I will get some time to myself and finish Grimaldus and my second vow. Then I think I will vow my remaining characters 1 at a time to maximise my points without running out of time.

The numbers need to be re-examined. We are in fourth position. Not by a lot, but we are in fourth and the DA have climbed to second place.

The challenge though, will come from Chaos. Their "planet killer*" vows are on track and it's very likely that SteveShields vow will arrive in the next seven days or so. Fasha also claims that he is on track. So if you add another 27K to the Chaos total, then they could be around 51K with two or so weeks to go.

We are not even at 50% of that total. Those are the facts.

Here are some other facts. Last year, we turned in over 20K points in the last week. The DA turned in close to 30K. We have a lot of outstanding vows and that's is one of the most efficient ways to close the gap.

We need to focus on what we do best. ZEAL. We have all the points vowed we need to win this.

THIS IS THE TIME WHEN  WE DEFINE WHO WE ARE TO THE REST OF THE FORUMS.

I am about 62% complete on my vow. I have 3085 points done. My original goal was first week of July to be completely done, but I may be pushing that back to the week of the 8th. As far as revowing I am unsure at this point because I want to vow some titans next.

- 1 Thunderhawk w/turbo laser, cluster bombs [835] - 100% Finished it and damn it has more pins than a cushion

- 1 Stormeagle w/typhoon, twin link las [310] - 100% Finished

- 2 squads of Devastator Centurions w/ omni, grav, ML [290x2=580] - 100% Finished

- 1 Fortress of Redemption w/krakstorm, 4x heavy bolter [290] - 100% Finished

- 3 Imperial Knight Paladins Custom Built [375x3=1,125] - They are 75% done need more paint and bits

- 2 Ceastus Assault Rams [275x2=550] - 75% done both built and primed and partially painted

- 2 Hunter Tanks [2x70=140] - in the boxes

- 2 Stalker Tanks [2x75=150] - in the boxes

- 1 Captain w/ power weapon, grav pistol [140] - 100% Finished

- 1 Termi Assault Squad th/SS [225] - 100% Finished

- 1 Crusader squad, 9 men, 1 sgt, 5 neo, power fist, grav pistol, ML, flamer [265] - 100% Finished

- 1 Crusader squad, 9 men, 1 sgt, 5 neo, power weapon, grav pistol, ML, melta [260] - 100% Finished

- 1 Helbrecth [180] - 100% Finished

Total = 5050

Completed to date - 3085

On a side note can we vow reavers, warhounds or warlords? If so I may be able to help us with some big points! I have been sitting on warlord plans for awhile now and really want to build it and if I can get credit for it all the better.

Ok, we'll let it slide this time, but it better not happen again. :P

Short answer: Yes, you can vow titans for Templars as they are Lords of War. Arizonajirt did a Reaver for his Raven Guard and Augustus did a pretty awesome looking Warhound for his Night Lords.

Titan away to your heart's content.

P.S. YOU ARE DOING SOME FREAKING AWESOME!

Just a quick question:

can we vow stormlords for BT?

Confirm with Captain Semper, but I believe that is a yes. I vowed a Stormsword.

"My Pledge,"

"The Templars must win this crusade. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone."

- Initiate Martinius Treptow, M2

Okay, my second vow will be...

My Stormlord - need to know how many points as I don't have IIA2 yet.

And the return of 'Volaticus Dorn', huzzah, she will be re born. biggrin.png

How bad was the damage to volaticus after her hands on experience with your "neophyte" brother?

Archived