Battle8rothers ETL III WIP Log

So I am off to a slow start as far as this years ETL is concerned and its time to correct this! Here is my vow:

I Battle8rother, have awoken from many weeks locked away in mechanized training (World of tanks 360)and I have returned to answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units in Honor of Rogal Dorn and VII Legion:

Tactical squad (20 Marines with extra CCW, vexilla, Sgt with Artificer armor and powerfist) (325 pts)

Contemptor (X2 DCCW W/ X2 Heavy flamer, havoc lanucher) (210 pts)

Legion Command Squad (100 pts)

Total = 635 points

(Very High potential for follow on vows)

gallery_63665_9628_493989.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_90942.jpg

Right off to get cracking!

okay.....

After about 3 hours lots of swearing we have something worth showing!

gallery_63665_9628_576084.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_658365.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_751057.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_42099.jpg

So I plan to paint these in groups of 5, however the 5th fella just wouldn't glue together so I left him before I got so frustrated I spat out my dummy tongue.png

Good luck. I really like the Iron Armour.

Thanks Brother Dallo!

A good start, perhaps a bit of hairdrying on the melta bomber would be an idea to close that hand around the bomb a bit better though rather than just being a bolter hand?

Thank you BB, I do plan on fixing the Melta bomb chucker, I have found though that the hair dryer burns my fingers maybe I should get smart and use tweezers or something to hold it!

To answer you question: i am a bit limited on bitz so I am trying to make do, he will have a bolt pistol in hand and bolter mag locked to his belt to further sell the idea he is mid melta charge employment. I want these guys to sell the story of Astartes at war.

Good start and I look very forward to how this progresses!

Thank you Brother Tyrax, I will get the last Marine put together tonight and get some paint on the first one today!

Good start like the meltabomb weilding dude.

Thank you DSSgt7!

MkIII, oh how I love you!

Good luck on your vow battlebrother!

ermm.gif blush.png mellow.png smile.png biggrin.png wub.gif. I hope I do you proud Pyromancer!

Okay so the strategy here is to batch paint this vow in groups of 5 up to the detail part, then do them as single Marines until each one is 100% this should give them a uniform look whilst making each one somewhat unique.

off to eat dinner then get fix some stuff as mentioned above and hopefully get some paint on them tonight!

Thanks for looking

Okay so i did a little work tonight.

gallery_63665_9628_227591.jpg

Not sure how I am just now noticing that the foot is only half painted wallbash.gif

gallery_63665_9628_290082.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_384107.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_844397.jpg

For those of you that have seen my previous Imperial Fists, these are a much lighter yellow than I usually make them (and shiny) that this is because I will be using a different weathering technique than I usually do.

I think you're off to a fabulous start BattleBrother; keep up the good work.

Thank you Good Chaplain, i would hate to be sentenced, should you find my efforts lacking to the Pain Glove

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

blush.png thanks.gif

I like the yellow. It's very tasty, if you get what I mean.

I think I do, somewhere between tasting the rainbow and burning heretics!

So I moved into painting individual minis tonight and I would say I got my bomb thrower about 80-90% done. Just tidy up work and the Melta bomb left, here he is:

gallery_63665_9628_501523.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_586930.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_799857.jpg

You will notice I didn't get a clear shot of the Legion icon. That is because I haven't tried them in months and it showssad.png

Thank you Good Chaplain, i would hate to be sentenced, should you find my efforts lacking to the Pain Glove

You're freehanding IF chapter symbols on shoulderpads, that's punishment enough if I found you guilty of something.  

Yeah! Metallic underlayer!!!!!

That's the way I paint all my Mk III's. This force to me is a rushed and unproved (minus the camo guys you will see later, Contemptor I am looking at you), surplus never issued bare caramite Mk II suites with the Mk III upgrade were issued to the newer guys of the force hence the dual paint scheme. But like you it makes me all warm on the inside when I see it!

These are looking a lot more Grim/Dark than I would have thought Dorn's boys could be. Well played!

40k has them portrayed as some polished boy band akin to the abomination that was Hansen. But if you think about it, to stand (understand not alone) against all those brutal traitor Legions and prevail the Fists must have owned some massive stones! How much more grim could it get to be the ones responsible for fortifying Terra only to have the Galaxy's best warriors fall the defenses you created?

He's sure been through a ringer! I like the damage and the shade of yellow.

Don't worry about the symbol, I've been trying for 2 years now to get the winged thunderbolt right and I still can't do it!

Come Brother Tyrax, your Maleviolent symbol is as clean as they come!

You're freehanding IF chapter symbols on shoulderpads, that's punishment enough if I found you guilty of something.

Thank you good chaplain, I will proceed with the pacification of my vow!

I love how rich the yellow turned out, i haven't actually tried my hand at a yellow heavy scheme yet.

Thank you! give it a go, its allot of fun!

So I missed painting yesterday and tonight I broke the one rule I told myself, "go one at a time it makes for a better finished product, well I failed: ***please note that these are far from done***

gallery_63665_9628_10723.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_61776.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_541788.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_492085.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_500971.jpg

I like the darker marine better.

However the darker marine could be a brighter yellow just not as bright. Can you add some yellow highlights on the darker model so it looks more yellow. It's more orange then yellow and I did picture a bright yellow for imperial fists just not as bright as you have it.

The models look great either way.

Being a fan of the darker colours and why my Malevolents don't look like wasps, I prefer the one on the right. Maybe some subtle highlighting around the armour plates to give them a more golden yellow feel? 

Also, decals my friend, I haven't painted the winged thunderbolt in a loooong time. 

I like the darker marine better.

However the darker marine could be a brighter yellow just not as bright. Can you add some yellow highlights on the darker model so it looks more yellow. It's more orange then yellow and I did picture a bright yellow for imperial fists just not as bright as you have it.

The models look great either way.

I have to admit I went a bit over bored with the weathering on the first batch and the results were sub par per my usual I was able to correct a few models, I hope you can see it!

Being a fan of the darker colours and why my Malevolents don't look like wasps, I prefer the one on the right. Maybe some subtle highlighting around the armour plates to give them a more golden yellow feel?

Also, decals my friend, I haven't painted the winged thunderbolt in a loooong time.

Just ordered some decal pritable paper and I hope that i am able to work it out!

Just say instead of Ford yellow he was forced to use GM yellow.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! good one I may just use this ( I was thinking that only the new guys were bright yellow and that is because they are new and the color has yet to weather with age)

Here is a better picture that will give you all a better idea of the colors I see with the naked eye:

gallery_63665_9628_752641.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_718721.jpg

And that brings me to these guys, do I continue with the new look or go back to the old?

gallery_63665_9628_929874.jpg

Archived