The Renegade Legion

simison

Psychic blanks would put the Wardens at a disadvantage, but has Chaos ever used blanks before? Seriously, I don't know the answer.

Xenos with human allies would be an interesting army to fight. I'll keep that as one of the options.

I can't remember ever reading or hearing about Chaos using blanks. And I highly doubt that they would as Chaos is entirely focused around the Warp and blanks are known to disrupt Daemons' connection to it to the point of causing pain.

I wasn't meaning as a Chaos weapon, just as something that occurs. They fight them, it's royally brain:cussed them, making their defences weaker when Chaos does appear.

Well, considering there's going to be daemon activity toward the end of the war, I doubt Chaos would've set up plan where there happens to be a null population. Leaves too much to chance. 

That said, I am leaning towards xeno with human allies. Possible brainwashed humans. Adds unknown abilities while giving the Wardens their favorite mission before things go wrong.

This is very good. Could you probably edit your first post so that it may incorporate all of the final information please ? Its a bit difficult to browse through twenty-five pages worth of material when you've only just discovered this threadtongue.png

Well, the rules for one thing (those sweet FW like pages you've posted), and the general information about the fluff of the legion if you want to...

I think it'll be easier for you in any case if you've got all your information regrouped in one place msn-wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, easing myself back into the legion. Thorn, I did post the legion pages on the front page. In a moment, I'll add the ally matrix. Was there anything else that you think should be up there?

Excellent, let's return to the campaign then.

So far, I have a few things laid down. The enemy will be an avian xeno race with human slaves that operates on a caste system. No one will have feathers, and they'll be bipedal. Their fighting style will mirror the Wardens, psykers supporting warriors on the defense. 

Once Alex's initial fleet 'stumbles' upon them, Warp storms will seal them in until the end of the campaign. 

Possible name for the xenos: Kajils?

I'll have a real update later today. For now, I wanted to address something. Recently, I've been posting the Wardens over at Dakkadakka, rules and fluff. Today, I got a complaint....actually I think it's the first nasty complaint I've gotten. Anyway, his criticism boiled down to two accusations: one, Alex was OP and, two, the legion rules didn't have a drawback. 

I didn't have my pdfs with me, but I pointed out that both sets of rules are that way because of how specialized they are. Alex relies on his powers to get him through, the legion rules are very situational. Later when I did have my pdfs, I discovered that two legions (IW & WE) don't have any kind of drawback in their legion rules, while I think the IF might qualify since their only drawback is forced challenges.

Now, as annoying as his sarcasm was, I wanted to double-check here and ask - does he have a point?

Is Alex and the Legion rules in this thread somewhere? And if so, where? I'd like to comment but I figure it'd be quicker to ask where the information is before I can make any legitimate critique. :)

No, not really.

A Primarch that relies on the Psychic Phase to be able to overcome other Primarchs or more or less get Beat, is not that OP. Besides, if he's OP, then what are Horus, Perturabo, Ferrus and Vulkan?

Legion Rules that are much more Focused in Utility vs Broad in Application with +/- no downsides is a lot less of a problem than one thinks. Its not like you're giving everyone with LA:HW +1T, +1WS, +1BS and Fearless all for the low low price of "Your Opponent can force Turn 6"

Is Alex and the Legion rules in this thread somewhere? And if so, where? I'd like to comment but I figure it'd be quicker to ask where the information is before I can make any legitimate critique. smile.png

Page 1, Coincidentally :p

Is Alex and the Legion rules in this thread somewhere? And if so, where? I'd like to comment but I figure it'd be quicker to ask where the information is before I can make any legitimate critique. smile.png

Slipstreams speaks the truth. I've moved the PDF pages up to the front. The only thing that might be out of date is the Caryana detachment.

Perhaps, marine. It's a bit difficult to point Psyker Primarchs because there's a lot of chance involved with their powers. I'm still looking forward when Magnus becomes a reality.

The only thing I've considered changing is adding a small debuff to the legion rules that would negatively affect Sweeping Advances. It'd be easy to implement and fit into the 'Defenders' theme I've got going here.

Incidentally, I'd say Irvin Ruel needs toning down a touch rather than Alex - perhaps four attacks instead of five would bring him more on par with his peers. 

Alex is fine. When there were invulnerable re-rolls all over the shop I raised my eyebrows (one at a time), but then that was the same time Raktra was forcing re-rolls of bloody everything, so I can't complain there. The only thing that's really made me hesitant is the Myrmidons getting invulnerable re-rolls, but they cost a bomb, so there we go.

Actually, they don't get the invul rerolls. That's an old rule that I changed and forgot to get a new PDF page for. They are actually up in the air between +1 Toughness or FNP.

Ohhh. Then I am even more comfortable. Also you need to re-word the Ogre Stance on your psyker character's weapon, currently it technically says that you need to cast Empowered (which has no description) AND Ogre Stance for it to work.

Archived