[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

I wouldnt use Sigismund and Polux. Both have different roles and dont really complement each other in a list on top of both being at their peak when selected as Warlord.

This is what I'd run for each.

Sigismund:

+++ Sigismund - IF 3k (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts)
····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (1485pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (895pts) [2x Chainfist, 9x Legion Terminators, 5x Power Fist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Thunderhammer, 9x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Flare Shield]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Power Fist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (295pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion Veteran Sergeant, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (295pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion Veteran Sergeant, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]

+ Elites (560pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (280pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

+ Heavy Support (725pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (225pts) [Flak Missiles, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]
····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Vindicator (130pts) [Laser Destroyer Array]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (370pts)
····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Created with BattleScribe

Polux:

+++ Polux - IF 3k (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts)
····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (675pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon]

Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder]

+ Elites (630pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

+ Fast Attack (475pts) +

Phalanx Warder Squad (475pts) [Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox, 14x Phalanx Warder, 3x Plasma gun, 5x Power Axe]
····Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support (1055pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (465pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (370pts)
····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Slipstreams

The Polux list is mostly a 1-2 Punch.

On the board T1, you've got Deredeo, Medusas and 2 of the 3 Dreadnoughts dropping in. With proper Placement, you should be fine with surviving that turn.

The Dreadpods will also give Shrouding to the Dreads inside (as well as 3 Ablative Hull points) as well as anything that is being shot through them.

T2, Polux and Warders & Apothecary (who gave the unit deepstrike due to his WL Trait), Terminators and Remaining Dreadnought all drop in (hopefully) for a Beta Strike-Type Deal.

Terminators are equipped with your choice of Combi-Weapons but preference would be Plasma. Melta is a good choice too but has less volume of fire. Flamers are only worthwhile vs Hordes where you can pile on the wounds. Your only real problem will be cracking open Av14 which you can easily deal with by swapping the Kheres on the Contemptors to a 2nd DCCW & Grav Gun permitting you to drop 4 haywire shots on a vehicle of your choice.

Otherwise, Deredeo does what he does and you have 3 Medusas for S10 Ap2 Barrage Pieplates.

Sounds like a very interesting list to be honest. And quite punchy.

Making a good Imp Fists list is twice as hard as making a Solar Auxilia list which is what Iv been doing a lot haha.

Let's hope her Phalanx Warders do themselves some justice.

Well that's very fair I guess. In fairly familiar with the legions Astartes, and I can at least name all of the legions special units. But using them is completely different when you want something synergetic, unique, and interesting.

Eternal Warrior isn't a bad upgrade, but you're putting it on a 3 wound model, and with a few other upgrades the cost stacks up...

Might as well take the Primarch and run a Primarch's chosen detachment :-D

Right having relayed all that information, she is pretty set on using Sigismund and Polux in one list, using Sig as Warlord for the Vp's, ignoring Polux's redeploy. She's also probably going to run pride, probably something similar to the list above.

I think she should, if this is what she is dead set on, drop the Vindi, drop the Termies with Spartan, grab 10 Templars with a few toys and grab a Spartan in the heavy slots. Fill the points with Rapier teams or bulk out the Vets?

Thoughts?

Still wondering about Breachers instead of Vets though I have no idea how they perform or anything.

Eternal Warrior isn't a bad upgrade, but you're putting it on a 3 wound model, and with a few other upgrades the cost stacks up...

Might as well take the Primarch and run a Primarch's chosen detachment :-D

In smaller games tho  and ship actions were talking about 195 points with the relic on a Forgelord vs something like Pollux   and while Ill admit the str 10 at i5 is nice I think id rather the durability of EW @ n @  and  then the 5 str 8 ap 1 attacks and 1 str 8 ap 2 

Right having relayed all that information, she is pretty set on using Sigismund and Polux in one list, using Sig as Warlord for the Vp's, ignoring Polux's redeploy. She's also probably going to run pride, probably something similar to the list above.

I think she should, if this is what she is dead set on, drop the Vindi, drop the Termies with Spartan, grab 10 Templars with a few toys and grab a Spartan in the heavy slots. Fill the points with Rapier teams or bulk out the Vets?

Thoughts?

Still wondering about Breachers instead of Vets though I have no idea how they perform or anything.

Few Problems:

While I love running 10 Templar in a Spartan, using only them as your Beatstick unit isnt the most efficient since they've got Power Swords and only the Champion can get AP2. Sure, with other Characters around it helps and they have a 4 Attacks each on the Charge with Furious Charge for +1S but that still means they're bouncing of 2+ Saves instead of cutting through them and getting the reduced Invulnerable Save with their Ap2 Weapons instead.

They'll kill 3+ Saves good but otherwise, Terminators are a better, more resilient choice since they can be a Flat 2+/3++ vs the Templars 2+/5++ in CC or 2+/6++ vs shooting.

Squad Melta Bombs vs Chain Fists is pretty equal.

Unless you can get Breachers up the field rapidly to make use of some of their special gear (Infiltrate, Deepstrike, Scout, etc.) the best they'll do is be a resilient mid-to-backfield objective camper.

A job that is done more cost efficiently by 10 Tacs in a Rhino or with more Shooting Punch by 10 Sniper Tac Vets.

Phalanx Warders have the added benefit of being Fast Attack and being able to take Land Raiders/Spartans meaning you can shift them out of Heavy Support that way and make use of the not-as-contested Fast Attack Slot; though this usually requires playing at a much higher points level due to points density.

Stone Gauntlet makes for a good Castle & Artillery List w/ Dorn unlocking it and taking a Siege Breaker in HQ for Phosphex Rapiers. Not the most competitive but it plays to the Legion Flavor properly.

I'm not sold that you couldn't find another 50pts elsewhere by helping cut points elsewhere. Even gross, it's 3 Teleport Packs for Terminators for example, which will do more for your list than elsewhere. 

Would you have dropped the price to somewhere around 30 ~ 35 points to make it more attractive ? 

I dont doubt that the First Company numbering 1000 Marines had Terminator Armor Equipped Brethren alongside any other vehicles or war materiel required to make them an effective fighting force.

The only distinction is that, apart from those in Command Positions, the Templar were the Hand-Picked best-of-the-best the Legion had to offer.

Yes. Polux also works well with Sweeping Terminators too.

Then I'm thinking your Sigismund list may be the best way for her to go.

Just filling the points out using the best heavy's. Hopefully Ladcannon Team in a Fortification, Leviathan Dread and either squadron of Vinidcators or medusas.

I went with Missile Launchers w/ Flakk over Lascannons since, while not as potent as Tank Hunting Lascannons, it gives you Anti-Air Cover and Tank Hunting Krak Missiles as well as Tank Hunting Flakk Missiles. Frags are also a nice backup to have in the event that you're up against blobs and need to pile on the wounds.

The Sigismund list is 3k On the Dot so unless you're playing Higher, I'd be hard-pressed to find things to cut from the list to make room :p

Vindicator vs Medusa, I'd always go Medusa. Longer Range and Barrage outdoes 24" every time because we've go Nuncio-Voxes even if its ~30 point difference.

A Squadron of LasVindicators would be NASTY for any armor to face, however. 9 S9 Ap1 Ordnance Shots per turn from the Squadron? Deadly.

Lol. It's true that there's an awful lot of armour in 30k. Las Vindis are fantastic for the points, I don't think you need more than 2 either.

A grav spam army would ravage my list :-/

I get around armour through sheer volume of shooting in conjunction with Sunder/Tank Hunter buffs...