[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

as i said , I take little issue with this , I simply find myself building lists with other units then going "  yea but that puts a hole here " 

I was going into the event with two Battle Tanks and Realized that  I just straight up couldn't so I  swapped one to a deredeo and re wrote the list 

Its like you said about  the Typhon Im going to buy one cause at the lower point value ill just get more out of it than my glaive or fellblade  

I dont even see it as min maxing its just fielding stuff that covers more bases / allows me to cover more bases 

The sad part is , I want very badly to take Dorn when  he shows up but  that will present its own problems 

Given my hobby moan last night, I am trying to take a really themey stone gauntlet list with some interesting choices and it's proving hard. Beyond Breachers, support teams and a few tanks it's difficult.

Can you take 1 Knight as an ally or does it have to be three?

2 actually. The Questoris Knights list simply uses HQs, Troops, etc. and attaches the Household Ranks to specific Knight chassis'. So as an Allied Detachment, you'd need an HQ and a Troop as a minimum - pretty good for Knights!

Personally, I'd go for Seneschal (HQ) Lancer and Scion Martial (Troops) Atrapos. But that's just me. :)

The Plastic GW Knights are totally fine for use.

If you have book 4 (or glance at 1d4chan or sail the seven seas of the internet), you'll find the Questoris Knight list which should help you immensely.

They could be used to fill gaps or roles that Stone Gauntlet wouldnt otherwise permit or circumvent General Army list limitations but thats about it.

Like getting a 2nd Artillery Tank Battery of 3 Medusas with Ordo Reductor.

Ive found breacher units to be okay in ZM   with melta guns XD   they take out stuff like contemptors and can  absorb a good bit of  damage with attached apothecary   

Stone Gauntlet   in Mortalis is a lot of fun   but this assumes yer in an environment where someone will let you take a Rite of War with yer ZM  list 

I am curious to see how folks run them in open air missions , I havent had much luck with them there 

I dunno. Depends. This would be one. Not so much an Alpha as it is a 1-2 Punch. If you're going 2nd you kinda have to sacrifice your Terminators doing much of anything by starting them on the board in heavy cover because otherwise you only have the Deredeo on there T1.

+++ Imperial Fists 2k (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (180pts) +

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (460pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (230pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (230pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Power Fist]

+ Elites (345pts) +

Templar Brethren (345pts) [7x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 7x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Fast Attack (100pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

+ Heavy Support (915pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (185pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (360pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (370pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Or this more Artillery-Styled List:
+++ Imperial Fists 2k v2 (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1880pts) ++

+ HQ (265pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Melta Bombs, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Consul [siege Breaker]

Legion Centurion (120pts) [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Vigilator]

+ Troops (485pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (300pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites (240pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (170pts)
··Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')][Phosphex Shells, Shatter Shells]
··Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')][Phosphex Shells, Shatter Shells]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (170pts)

+ Heavy Support (890pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (310pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (360pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill]

+ Legion +

Or this POTL based one

+++ Imperial Fists 2k v3 (1935pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1935pts) ++

+ HQ (575pts) +

Legion Praetor (575pts) [Digital Lasers, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Terminator Command Squad [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Chainfist, 3x Legion Space Marine Chosen, 2x Power Fist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Thunder Hammer, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (640pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (320pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (320pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites (240pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (120pts)
··Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (120pts)

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Vindicator (130pts) [Laser Destroyer Array]

Legion Vindicator (130pts) [Laser Destroyer Array]

+ Legion +

The loose points is to accommodate the Rapier Change.

Interesting , thank you for the different looks 

curious as to what guys like Hesh would run 

Personally Id find the first two lists quite scary with the list im looking to run. 

Edited by Bladewolf

The 2nd one by just taking the Leviathan out, taking Polux instead of a Vigilator and turning the Tac Squad into a breacher squad and using the remaining free points to buff out the Medusa first then the Rapier makes for a pretty decent "Come at me bro" Stone Gauntlet list.

The thing though with the list being changed in such a manner makes it much more of an Immobile Castle Gunline list and would benefit greatly from any fortifications you could slap in there.

Here is the 2k list I just ran against Dark Eldar and it hammered hard.

HQ

Delegatus (AA, Refractor Field, PW)

MoS (AA, Refractor Field)

Troops

X 2 Legion Tactical Squad (AA, Vex, Vox)

Legion Tactical Support Squad (10 man, Volkite Calivers, AA)

Elite

x 2 Legion Apothecaries

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (AA, MB, x 2 Heavy Bolters, Sniper USR, Vex, Vox)

x 2 Laser Rapier Destroyers

Heavy Support

x 2 Legion Medusas

Legion Vindicator

Legion Heavy Support Squad (10 man, Auto Cannons, AA)

Not strong anti air but still hits hard!