[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

They can take a Proteus? Hmmm... interesting. Hadn't noticed that as an option. I'll have to take that into consideration.

But yeah, getting them into position is definitely a concern. I fully expect them to be a glass cannon, and have come to terms with the fact that to use them effectively, they're probably gonna have to die (I mean, they're just MEQs. It's the Heresy, they are going to die,) but getting them into position is definitely a concern. I haven't really thought about running any sort of deep strike or drop pod list, but it's a good idea. Might have to look into getting some drop pods off the Bay of Almighty E sometime. I dunno. Probably just gonna build the unit and figure out how to work it into an effective list later, seeing as that's what I usually do.

its also a paperthin  deathtrap  that likely wont get yer unit where it needs to be 

Take it from a man who plays full Panzer Templar   , the rhinos arent an issue to take out with the vast majority of legitimate vehicles in 30k 

Edited by Bladewolf

They're expensive so investing a lot into them stings.

A Dreadclaw is always an Option. It's not like we're blowing through Fast Attack Slots anyways.

So. 3.5k Game vs my Friends Word Bearers tomorrow. What I know he's Bringing is:

• Lorgar w/ Gal Vorbak in a Spartan
  • 3x 20 Man Tac Squads in Storm Eagles

• Maybe some allies through the Sacrificial Offering RoW or something else.

So with that in mind:

+++ 3.5k IF vs WB (3501pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3501pts) ++

+ HQ (360pts) +

Legion Centurion (130pts) [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Consul [Primus Medicae]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (526pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (263pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 3x Combi-Weapon, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Teleportation Transponder]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Thunderhammer]

Legion Terminator Squad (263pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 3x Combi-Weapon, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 4x Legion Terminators, Lightning Claw, Power Fist, Teleportation Transponder]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Thunderhammer]

+ Elites (825pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (215pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (305pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (305pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (230pts) +

Legion Seeker Squad (230pts) [4x Combi-weapon, 4x Legion Seeker Space Marines]
··Legion Strike Leader [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support (865pts) +

Achilles-Alpha Pattern Land Raider (300pts)

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (345pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (695pts) +

Rogal Dorn (695pts)
··Legion Terminator Command Squad [Chainfist, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Thunder Hammer, 5x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

List is 1pt over but thats what happens when you have an upgrade value that isn't in 5's or 10's (ie combi's at 7 on Termies). Shouldn't be a problem, its 1 damn point.

Basically, everything with a Combi Weapon is rolling Plasma. I'll 100% be down numerically due to him bringing at least 60 Tac Marines so I have to make up for it with Quality.

I gave Dorn a Command Squad since low body count is preferential for triggering Rampage. Sigismund is there to Tank Challenges while Dorn goes to town. Helps that both can get Instant Death Attacks to deal with his Gal Vorbak Squad.

Seekers are going into the Achilles because I dont have a Dreadclaw, the Achilles is sturdier than a Proteus (which I also dont have) and, due to its Multi-Meltas, wants to get in close. It also has -1 to the Vehicle Damage Chart which means if he has no Ap1 weapons, he can't explode it.

Termies are WYSIWYG hence the possibly wonky loadouts.

My Vets have so far never let me down and are pretty much a staple of my lists. Having Implacable advance alongside the Seekers, it means I'm not lacking for Scoring units either.

Deredeo is there because he's consistent and I know he's bringing Flyers. I would have probably brought  it along anyways.

The Singular Contemptor is there because I love dreads and currently don't have a Leviathan. While I know he has Melta Bombs on everything that can take them, he can still tie up squads and essentially neuter them. Besides, if the Melta Bomb toter is the closest model when the Contemptor Swings, he's definitely going bye-bye unless I roll hilariously bad.

The 3 Storm Eagles are likely to pose a problem but not one thats impossible to handle. If the deredeo goes down, I'd still have the Achilles' TLMM and Sunder Shells as well as the Spartans 4 TLLC Shots to hopefully deal some damage. And since he has to hover to disembark...well, its likely to be less of an issue.

Additionally, funnily enough, Seekers with Scorpius Bolts (S4 with Shred and Rending) can, with infinitesimally small odds, glance AV12 (S4+6+D3). You're fishing for 6s anyways so why not?
Edited by Slipstreams

this sounds like its going to be difficult but with so much of his army forced to start in reserves you might be able to swing the first part of the game so hard that if his stuff doesn't come in piecemeal you will have enough time to tear apart his boys. 

Pretty much.

I am, however, expecting an ADL with Comms Relay. Rarely have I played against him where he doesn't have one. The only times being vs Mechanicum.

So if he does have one, I'll have to get rid of it ASAP so that his reserves are slightly less reliable.

I was considering Templar but a minimum of 5 in a LR Phobos would be ~400-500 points and I don't think, in this scenario, that that would have been a smart choice.

Additionally, for all I know, he could be bringing a Knight or Two.

I still like the rhino because it's a lot less points and the lists I tend to play I really doubt anyone will shoot them the first half of the game.

I did play against someone who ran them in an LRP and they were effective.

See I'm never sure about Vets. I imagine because of the BS5 from IF they really roll nicely with sniper for but anyone else they feel like they could be a little lack luster.

Do you just drive around shooting off the sniper heavy B's as essentially a BS5 Rhino armed with a Kheres and unload when you get near something that needs a paddlin' ?

See I'm never sure about Vets. I imagine because of the BS5 from IF they really roll nicely with sniper for but anyone else they feel like they could be a little lack luster.

Do you just drive around shooting off the sniper heavy B's as essentially a BS5 Rhino armed with a Kheres and unload when you get near something that needs a paddlin' ?

Essentially, yes, that is exactly what I do lol. But, yes, BS5 always catches people off guard since there arent that many IF players.

Hi Guys,

Im looking at starting the Fists and am planning my purchases. 
Shooting for 2k to start off.

I would like a leviathan. 

Aside from that, Im deciding on which direction to go - 
For an HQ, should I go for Sigismund or Polux?
Would I go POTL with Sniper vets or Templar CC troops with Sigismund?
... or even phalanx warders? 

I tend to be a aggressive in play style.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Hammerfall is good for deepstriking infantry with potent shooting where you want them to be without requiring a pod.

Otherwise, if you want an assault unit in Hammerfall, theyre 100% getting shoved into a dreadclaw.

+++

If you want an Good CC unit, Siggy with Templar isnt bad but they will literally bounce off 2+ Armour.

Id go with Terminators in Tartaros w/ Storm Shields and Power Fists/Axes at minimum.

Edited by Slipstreams

Dreadclaw would be too small for Sigismund and Termis though wouldn't it  would need the bigger one  yer looking at an investment of more than 500 points in a 2000 point list  ( actually maybe even closer to what 750? before upgrades to the termis )  , seems a bit suspect as far as its effectiveness.   

I think you hit the nail on the head when you kicked me in the stomach when I was thinking of a similar list 

Its not a Rite that works well with assault in mind , especially not at 2k 

Edited by Bladewolf

Dreadclaw would be too small for Sigismund and Termis though wouldn't it  would need the bigger one  yer looking at an investment of more than 500 points in a 2000 point list  ( actually maybe even closer to what 750? before upgrades to the termis )  , seems a bit suspect as far as its effectiveness.   

I think you hit the nail on the head when you kicked me in the stomach when I was thinking of a similar list 

Its not a Rite that works well with assault in mind , especially not at 2k 

I was answering to two different things which is why I separated it with a ++++ :P