[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

I don't.

They do nothing Vets/Seekers don't already do apart from being Non-Compulsory Troops outside of Recon Company with the previous two options being all round better, especially Vets.

That is, apart from being 5 "cheap" melta bombs a Scouting Nuncio-Vox when in Scout Armour and having a Dedicated Storm Eagle as an option.

Edited by Slipstreams

They are a way to get a nuncio vox far up the board if you scout and infiltrate. This can work well for rites like Drop Assault Vanguard. Or just take a Damocles for a more concervative but sturdy bubble.

They should be 100 points with the cloaks and sniper rifles should be pinning.

I'll probably fit a minimal unit into my BA list because of the Jump Infantry coming down... But otherwise... Pretty useless imo and like Terminus said a Damocles is almost identical in cost/ function but adds much more to the list.

I dunno about that, Scout and Infiltrate wouldn't help, Counter-attack and Move Through Cover are meh to say the least (for recon squads who want to stay still and far away). Which leaves Tank Hunters, I suppose it could come in handy :P Edited by IronDrake28

There is potential there, it's just that the tax is too high for most lists to buy all those recon marines. You pay for three tactical squads, and get half as many guys with no transport options.

If recon company's tax was only one squad, I'd be tempted to load up on assault marines, veterans and rapiers, and pick infiltrate as my mutable tactic, and conqueror of cities for Skorr's warlord trait.  That way the whole list starts within shooting range, while having 5+ cover in the open and 2+ while behind any kind of ruins.

I run my own vets as: 10men, 2x Heavy Bolters, Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Melta Bombs in a Rhino.

After that its up to you. You could give them a few Combi-Flamers/Grenade for "Rending" templates or Plasma/Melta for more punch.

Same goes for Power Weapons spread throughout the squad.

Edited by Slipstreams

So, got a 5k-per-player apoc game in september and I'll probably be on the same side as Wolf_Pack since its probably going to be a 3v3 Loyalists vs Traitors.

This is what I'm looking to be bringing:

+++ September Apoc (5000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (5000pts) ++

+ HQ (525pts) +

Legion Centurion (150pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Consul [Forge Lord]
··Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
··Techmarine/Forgelord Options [Cyber-familiar, Rad Grenades]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Consul [Primus Medicae]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (2405pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (895pts) [Chainfist, 9x Legion Terminators, Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Thunderhammer, 9x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Thunderhammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Terminator Squad (265pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Teleportation Transponder, Thunderhammer]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Thunderhammer]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (305pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (305pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Templar Brethren (635pts) [8x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 8x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Legion Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (680pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (65pts)
··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Power Sword]
····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (315pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (300pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Plasma Cannon]

+ Heavy Support (1005pts) +

Achilles-Alpha Pattern Land Raider (300pts)

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (270pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Single Arachnus pattern heavy lascannon battery]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (435pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (385pts) +

Rogal Dorn (385pts)
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

Created with BattleScribe

The 5 man terminators were are more or less a filler unit since I currently don't own a 265 point "something" else that could fill that spot in better.

If you've seen Wolf_Packs 5k list he posted in the IH Tactica thread, I feel like we'll complement each other well enough especially since we're apparently going to be the attackers as part of the Scenario thats planned for the game.

Our Usual Raven Guard and his "DROP POD LITERALLY EVERYTHING" army won't be able to make it this time so it's up in the air as to who'll be our 3rd (if its still a 3v3). If I'm going to hazard a Guess it might either be our Mechanicum/Solar Aux/Word Bearers/Knights player (depending on what he brings) or our Death Guard Player (aka 1000Sons) since our other players, afaik, are Iron Warriors (BOO! OUR MOST HATED ENEMY!) and Night Lord whos so traitorous he betrays the traitors when it's convenient (as a Night Lord should).

We'll see. Should be fun either way.