I feel that blackjaw kindred would make good friends with the ordo xenos and ordo malleus, but the black judges would make good friends with the ordo hereticus. Even better is that such a split of loyalties could result in some lovely interinquisitional conflict.

Do we not have a liberite inquisition "friendly" chapter? I'm surr thats heresy, or have the black judges do it?

I posted something about a large number of the Blackjaw Kindred being seconded to the Inquisition, where their familiarity with the Cluster could be put to good use (and where the Inquisitors can all keep a very close eye on them).

solution central!

Having the Black Judges be bro-tier with the Inquisition, or at least a faction of it, would explain how they are still going strong in spite of their relations with almost every other Chapter ranging from "SHUN!" to "Fire a bolt round into both eye lenses, then apply chainsword to the neck cabling."

Speaking of, I'd like to raise the Kin's relations with the Judges from "Open Conflict" to "Distrust". Largely because they've already got honor feuds going on with the Heralds and the Blades, and the Patriarchs haven't survived so long on their own by trying to fight every enemy around them at once.

On the rare occasions the two groups encounter each other, the Kindred are unfailingly courteous, but so far their most significant interaction was a Kin destroyer dropping out of the Warp near a Judge interdiction fleet, launching a single servitor crewed Thunderhawk, and then jumping away.

Inside the lander were the wargear and geneseed of two squads of Judges, and a holomessage from Grandfather Baptiste.

The master of the Kindred regretfully informed his brother Chapter that their squads had apparently been traveling near the Blackjaw's home system when they ran afoul of eldar raiders, and that if the other Marines wished to plan a joint punitive expedition, he would be happy to welcome any of their represenatives who presented themselves at the Kin's Fortress Monastary.

Curious, was it ever mentioned how far the cluster was from the main galaxy?

About as far away from Terra as Macragge. But straight down.

Wait a second. Aren't the current batch of Tyranid Hive Fleets coming "up" into the galaxy from somewhere beneath it?

Curious, was it ever mentioned how far the cluster was from the main galaxy?

About as far away from Terra as Macragge. But straight down.

Wait a second. Aren't the current batch of Tyranid Hive Fleets coming "up" into the galaxy from somewhere beneath it?

:devil:

@Captain Nameless: There's no south, relatively speaking, either. But "down" gets the idea across much more quickly.

They are, but maps show them at 'hitting' at various off-centre points. Depending on the exact spot of the Liber Cluster, they could be anywhere from smack-bang in the middle of it (and very much done for), on the fringes of the tendril (time of ending storyline?) or nowhere near (still jacked, but in a variety of other grimdark ways). Alternatively, the Liber Cluster could be shifted to 'above' the galactic plane to make things simpler.

I vote for on the fringes, because.

EDIT: disregard Harlan, what Cormac said.

I don't see any reason why the Liber Cluster can't be in any worse or better situation than the Imperium, even if on a smaller scale.

Hive Fleet tendrils diverge from their greater hosts when something is sensed, deep in the void. Dead worlds burst into activity as undying lords decide that they will not stand the presence of the living even on this far-flung outpost of their ancient empire. With the Warmaster close to completing his ultimate goals, a warlord makes his move to ensure his place of favor. In the dark, wild frontiers that surround Imperial space within the Cluster, young, ambitious xenos look upon the bloated mass of Humanity with greed and hunger.

As an aside, I've been thinking of the Eldar in this Cluster. The Dark Eldar are simple enough. Commoragh connects to everything. Did you think yourself safe, being so far away? Nothing is too far.

But the Eldar, both Craftworld and Exodite, offer something pretty interesting. Because the Liber Cluster is far away. Far away from the Eye of Terror, their ancestral home and origin of their greatest horror. The Eldar who are in the Liber Cluster are of a particularly isolationist type. They didn't just flee, they fled as far as they possibly could without consigning their fate to the unknown nothingness that lies between the galaxies. These Eldar truly don't care about the galaxy. All they care about is surviving, and that makes them very dangerous indeed.

We have:

Assorted Xenos

Necrons

Eldar

Dark Eldar

Orks

Tyranids

Chaos Space Marines

and one (as far as we know) Fallen

Did I forget anyone, and is there anything else we want to add?

Edit: Done?

Necrons.

The Blackjaw Kindred TRY and they TRY to tell you people, we've avoided these worlds for centuries for a reason, and your response is "Bah! Primitive superstition!"

Or, if you're the Aetheric Swords, "Yes, please give us the exact coordinates of all these worlds haunted by machine ghosts.

So we can avoid them."

If there is any need for a piratical band of reavers, megalomaniacs, and mercenary scum, I could... maybe... be convinced to drag Akan's Reavers out of retirement.

Akan was always property of the B&C in the end. It'd only be right if he was given back to the community.

If there is any need for a piratical band of reavers, megalomaniacs, and mercenary scum, I could... maybe... be convinced to drag Akan's Reavers out of retirement.

When ISN'T there a need for piratical bands of megalomaniacal reaving mercenary scum?

I am excited to have the chance to define an aspect of the Scarlet Sentinels! Perhaps part of initiation involves surgery that permanently stiffens the upper lip. :tongue.:

You have my enthusiastic blessing to make this so.

-----

+++[ ACCESSING DATABASE ]+++

+++[ WARNING: CLEARANCE LEVEL VERMILLION REQUIRED- PLEASE IDENTIFY ]+++

+++[ IDENTIFICATION INPUT RECIEVED: PROCCESSING ]+++

+++[ IDENTITY CONFIRMED: CLEARANCE LEVEL VERMILLION VERIFIED ]+++

+++[ ACCESS GRANTED: WELCOME INQUISITOR ]+++

+++[ ACCESSING: INDEX ASTARTES- EAGLES OF GLORY- COMBAT DOCTRINE ]+++

COMBAT DOCTRINE OF THE EAGLES OF GLORY:

"Damn the lances! RAMMING SPEED!!!"

-4th Company Captain Davian Farrigun, Master of the Fleet.

Brash, headstrong and always searching for the next chance to prove themselves, the Eagles of Glory could easily be mistaken for sons of the Great Khan rather then their true Primogenitor, the Emperor's Praetorian Rogal Dorn.

Again the same assumption could be easily forgiven were one to look at their preferred style of warfare, as the Eagles live by the philosophy "the best defence is a strong offence" and believe that the quicker they can crush one enemy and move on to the next, the better.

It is with this strike first, strike hard mentality in mind that the Eagles have shaped their battle doctrine, believing that the ideal fight is one in which your first blow is also your last, hitting the foe without warning and with such overwhelming force that nothing can resist you.

As a result the Eagles are constantly on patrol, combing the far reaches of the Cluster for enemies. Upon the discovery of a threat the Astartes make all haste to the warzone, heedless of whether their help is needed or wanted, and engage the enemy immediately. In naval actions their ships are infamous for aggressively engaging hostile fleet elements as well as performing daring manuvers that, although undeniably effective, border on the reckless.

At the same time the Eagles will deploy en mass to the embattled planet's surface via drop pods and Thunderhawk Gunships, often right on top of, the enemy positions. While this approach is highly dangerous it also grants the Eagles an advantage in that their opponents will have almost no time to prepare for the onslaught that is about to assail them.

As the fiery forms of Drop Pods hammer down to disgorge dozens of Tactical and Assault marine into the embattled foe, Thunderhawk landers will deploy spearheads of Predator Tanks and Bike Squads nearby to support the first wave as Land Speeder and Stormtalon Gunship squadrons scream through the skies overhead to lay the target to waste.

Once all opposition has been neutralised and any objectives secured the Eagles will return to their ships and set off once more, leaving the corpse-choked battlefield as quickly as they came.

-----

Phew, that took longer than I thought, only just made the Midnight mark.

So be it, then. Akan shall betray Huron Blackheart, have his holdings and armies gutted, and run for his life to hide in the Cluster, selling his services to anybody insane and desperate enough to pay for the Reaver's service.

I'll get writing right now.

So be it, then. Akan shall betray Huron Blackheart, have his holdings and armies gutted, and run for his life to hide in the Cluster, selling his services to anybody insane and desperate enough to pay for the Reaver's service.

I'll get writing right now.

Welcome to the Liber Cluster Heathens, watch out for all the crazies. :tongue.:

I am excited to have the chance to define an aspect of the Scarlet Sentinels! Perhaps part of initiation involves surgery that permanently stiffens the upper lip. :tongue.:

You have my enthusiastic blessing to make this so.

-----

+++[ ACCESSING DATABASE ]+++

+++[ WARNING: CLEARANCE LEVEL VERMILLION REQUIRED- PLEASE IDENTIFY ]+++

+++[ IDENTIFICATION INPUT RECIEVED: PROCCESSING ]+++

+++[ IDENTITY CONFIRMED: CLEARANCE LEVEL VERMILLION VERIFIED ]+++

+++[ ACCESS GRANTED: WELCOME INQUISITOR ]+++

+++[ ACCESSING: INDEX ASTARTES- EAGLES OF GLORY- COMBAT DOCTRINE ]+++

COMBAT DOCTRINE OF THE EAGLES OF GLORY:

"Damn the lances! RAMMING SPEED!!!"

-4th Company Captain Davian Farrigun, Master of the Fleet.

Brash, headstrong and always searching for the next chance to prove themselves, the Eagles of Glory could easily be mistaken for sons of the Great Khan rather then their true Primogenitor, the Emperor's Praetorian Rogal Dorn.

Again the same assumption could be easily forgiven were one to look at their preferred style of warfare, as the Eagles live by the philosophy "the best defence is a strong offence" and believe that the quicker they can crush one enemy and move on to the next, the better.

It is with this strike first, strike hard mentality in mind that the Eagles have shaped their battle doctrine, believing that the ideal fight is one in which your first blow is also your last, hitting the foe without warning and with such overwhelming force that nothing can resist you.

As a result the Eagles are constantly on patrol, combing the far reaches of the Cluster for enemies. Upon the discovery of a threat the Astartes make all haste to the warzone, heedless of whether their help is needed or wanted, and engage the enemy immediately. In naval actions their ships are infamous for aggressively engaging hostile fleet elements as well as performing daring manuvers that, although undeniably effective, border on the reckless.

At the same time the Eagles will deploy en mass to the embattled planet's surface via drop pods and Thunderhawk Gunships, often right on top of, the enemy positions. While this approach is highly dangerous it also grants the Eagles an advantage in that their opponents will have almost no time to prepare for the onslaught that is about to assail them.

As the fiery forms of Drop Pods hammer down to disgorge dozens of Tactical and Assault marine into the embattled foe, Thunderhawk landers will deploy spearheads of Predator Tanks and Bike Squads nearby to support the first wave as Land Speeder and Stormtalon Gunship squadrons scream through the skies overhead to lay the target to waste.

Once all opposition has been neutralised and any objectives secured the Eagles will return to their ships and set off once more, leaving the corpse-choked battlefield as quickly as they came.

-----

Phew, that took longer than I thought, only just made the Midnight mark.

That is so perfect! Take all my likes!!!

Archived