It boils down to willpower! Haha

I believe Perturabo said the same thing while sacrificing the gene seed of 400 sons of Dorn at the Eternal Fortress, while the survivors fled aboard Ultramarines gunships.

:p

I was either thinking of Trevor Dupuy's research with his Quantified Judgement Method or the book Fighting Power: German and U.S. Army Performance, 1939-1945.  

However, I do not have the book with me so I can't be entirely sure.Of course, I might be remembering things incorrectly.

(The scions have been edited.And still, nobody else has commented on my Mechanicum characters.)

Also, thanks for the link, quite interesting. Always good to see the Nazis getting pounded into the dirt.

I am curious of the presence of the enemies of man. It has been stated the Imperium fought it's way through an ork empire to get into the cluster, but how do the other forces fare? We have the Leebair craftworld, is there more? What about the Tau, Tyranids, and Necron? And the forces of chaos are becoming more apparent, do their warbands match the Liberite chapters in power? How big is their following and which god(s) are being worshipped?

These are things I was thinking about, and I thought would be nice to know the scope of what the Imperium cluster is up against.

take no news as good news! we have a lot of fluff to peruse and write sir. All is for the good of the Liber Cluster and the planet of ovens    

Fair advice. Sorry If I seemed to be complaining.

I think we should start including some heavy nid foreshadowing, since we are "below" Terra. I feel that if the nids are trying to get the emperor to eat him for their greater gribbly then they would hit hard, fast, and all at once, somewhat unlike what has been seen in nid invasions previously. Also I have some fluff for you, because I am a huge fan of Shakespeare.

When the Scarlet Sentinel ship Red Victory arrived in the Caesus System, something went wrong with its warpspace engines. Captain Aenrichus decided to anchor the ship by a nearby planet in order to make repairs. Captain Aenrichus lead a party of a few dozen marines down to scout out the planet so it could be reclaimed. The planet at first seemed to be little more than an abandoned shrine/agri world. A library they found there gave some information, including that the planet had been known as Saint Crispin’s world. Unfortunately, it appeared that most of the more detailed information about the planet had been lost or removed.

While exploring a wooded river at the base of a great canyon they party of Sentinels lost contact with the Red Victory due to some form of jamming. They started to hurry back to their Thunderhawk when they saw multiple meteors come down tearing red streaks through the sky. A large group of feral orks had torn out of the warp and were headed for their landing sight. Captain Aenrichus rallied his men and ordered them to climb higher in the canyon and take up firing positions along the rout. When the orks came streaming in the Sentinels unloaded volley after volley of bolter fire into their ranks. Though vastly outnumbered they managed to defeat the ork forces and sustain only relatively light casualties. They returned to the Red Victory and then scanned the system to assess the threat the greenskins posed. It appeared that similar warp rifts had occurred throughout much of the system.

Captain Aenrichus ordered the techmarines aboard his ship to find a way to pierce the jamming as quickly as possible. They eventually managed a few messages out calling for aid. Nearby elements of the Lords Inviolate and the Iron Ravagers responded quickly and soon rid Saint Crispin’s world of the greenskin menace and set up a command site there while more members of the Scarlet Sentinels’ fleet arrived. Both the Iron Ravagers and the Scarlet Sentinels ceded control of the operation to the Lords. The Scarlet Sentinels fleet quickly took control of the void and skies combat while the Iron Ravagers pushed the front on each planet in turn against the green tide engulfing Caesus system. Meanwhile the Lords Inviolate rallied the human residents still remaining in the system and used them to help purge the remaining greenskin pockets left on worlds mostly cleared by the Ravagers. The Lords noted that some of the human populace mentioned sightings of black armoured space marines recently. Within two years the system was brought fully back under Imperial control and compliance. However, Captain Aenrichus and the Red Victory were lost alongside several more smaller ships of the combined fleet when the orks dive-bombed several of their own vessels into the imperial forces at the end of the campaign. In honor of their sacrifice, the Scarlet Sentinels who fought in the conflict bear a thin red line on their left greave.

Interestingly enough the three Ordos of the Inquisition each separately decided to create outposts on Saint Crispin’s world. The Ordo Hereticus took residence in the port city and now capital city of Leyte. They have formed close ties with the Ecclesiarchy who have reclaimed control of the planet. The Ordos Xenos outpost was created in Acourt, the city closest to where the Scarlet Sentinels first landed. From here they have begun to gather intelligence on what brought the orks to this system. They have also begun to look down from the galactic core as reports of xenos threats have been escalating. A trio of Ordos Malleus inquisitors created a small fortress out of a large cathedral in the distant town of Valacalba. They appear to have chosen the planet due to its relative isolation; it is near the edge of the cluster furthest from the Terra. Meanwhile the planet has been restored to its function as an agri/shrine world, mostly through cattle cultivation. Its major exports include foodstuffs, primarily meat and grains, and leather. Saint Crispin’s world has been the source of the leather in the boots, belts, and straps of many of the Imperial Guard regiments found in the Liber Cluster since its reclamation.

The Liber Cluster, where one may find both Craftworld Lieh-bahr and the Chapter Homeworld of Libertas...something needs to change, and I vote it should be the space elves.

Craftworld Sumitos, perhaps. (A cookie for anyone who catches the reference).

To hint farther, perhaps there is something...off, about the Avatar that forms this world's heart. Some of the other Farseers whisper that this shard of Khaine might have been too tainted by the aspect of the Reaper that infected the god during his battle with the C'Tan, accounting for its odd, silvery coloration and choice of weaponry.

But for all that, the "Silver Slayer" has never failed the eldar of this cluster when they summoned it in their hours of need.

The Leebair thing was a joke, not intended to be the true name of any Craftworld.

The Liber Cluster, and organization of Chapters known as the Liberites, should be the only reference to this subforum.

Libertas is an exception, as it is meant to mean something else entirely, and only shares the 'liber' part because the subforum uses an existing Latin term incorrectly (though it should be pointed out that High Gothic is not Latin. Just very, very similar).

Sumitos . . . Doesn't sound very Eldar-y, honestly.

An idea for a planet:

Carver's World

One of the earliest planets to be settled within the Liber Cluster, Carver's World was a world intended from the beginning as a factory world. However, when the Imperium moved to reclaim the Liber Cluster during the time of the 21st Founding, Carver's World underwent a dramatic transformation - very few goods or materials came to the Liber Cluster that did not either grace the surface of or pass through the space around Carver's World. Quickly gaining a reputation as a trade hub across the length and breadth of the Cluster, in less than a hundred years Carver's World became the merchant capital of the Liber Cluster.

Carver's World in more modern times is a world ruled by wealthy merchant families, with connections all over the galaxy, both lawful and otherwise. It is very densely populated, and much closer to a hive-world than a factory world in appearance. Thanks to various treaties and laws implemented in times past, almost everything sent from the Liber Cluster to the wider Imperium - or vice versa - goes through Carver's World at one time or another. Piracy and smuggling are rife within the area, and the PDF make a living hunting these criminals. It is amongst the best-defended planets in the Cluster - thanks to agreements struck up with the local branches of the Imperial Navy and the Saneslau Mechanicum, a large contingent of ships and ground forces are assigned to patrol duty on and around Carver's World. In addition, both of the planet's moons have been converted into heavy defence platforms, armed with a bewilderingly heavy array of weapons and light spacecraft for interception missions.

With enough money, power or influence, almost anything can be bought on Carver's World, making it a popular destination for mercenaries and the sort of people who might wish to hire them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I thought we could use a Merchant World and a link to the wider Imperium, and then I thought 'why not have both at once?' :laugh.:

I just Googled Sumitos, and....... heh. Hehehe. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Really Google? A California florist's shop? Really?

As far as "Eldar sounding" goes...Ulthwé, Samn-hann, Biel-tahn, Altanoc....I'm not seeing a theme here, besides "weird".

But if that one doesn't work....I suggest Eldibar, Kania, or Valteri as alternatives.

But not Musif or Geddon.

Vanguard Veteran Tiwaz, 1st company, 4th squad, Doomsayers chapter

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Lamenterkyle/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06-26200844_zps8d3c488f.jpg

Somebody order a power falx?

Me gusta muchisimo. That's a lovely weapon, I must ask where you obtained such a masterpiece.

The Seraki Lions will be a force to be reckoned with, by the time I'm done with them.

Think "Blood Pact" meets "Elysians", with a heavy dose of "Pre- Badab Astral Claws", with massed human and xenos mercenary support. Rumors of their neutrality may possibly be highly exaggerated.  ;)

I've also realized, as I re-write his history, that Al-Rashid is an absolute bastard. This guy is gonna make Urlock Gaur look like a cuddly teddy bear.

Archived