Ace: When he was telling me his ideas, it was the target on the Aetheric Swords that sold it as truly awesome. I love the idea of just singling one Chapter out like that.

I'll admit it right now, I absolutely, 100%  did not see it coming!

I read the words "thin blooded mockeries of Astartes they call Aetheric Swords" and basically pulled this face: :blink.: 

I'm still positively hyped up about it, even hours later!

Glad you liked it, pal ! Hope it will bring great stories and that we'll have a pleasant time with that narrative arc.

It would be cool to create the collection of warbands that join Ktevaa Sero's in the cluster. Some kind of dark reflection of the Liberites. Can't wait to see what you guys will bring to the table :smile.:.

Oh, it's gonna be good times all round!

I don't even mind if the Aetheric Swords die out altogether, so long as they die fighting. :biggrin.:

Although I'm now thinking of putting their fate in the hands of Chapters who don't like them much.

Maybe the Heralds of Letum, actually.

All this said, I need to work on a Chapter Master for the Swords, if only so Sero has someone to face off against for the climactic battle.

Do not underestimate Ktevaa Sero. He's no stranger to Chapter annihilation. And the sentence "silencing the choir" is just plain great :smile.:.

Agreed.

And if the Swords do perish in this conflict, I already know what to write for the epilogue.:thumbsup:

Do not underestimate Ktevaa Sero. He's no stranger to Chapter annihilation. And the sentence "silencing the choir" is just plain great :smile.:.

Well Mr. Sero isn't going up against a lone chapter he can outnumber and beat on, you pick a fight with one Liber Chapter, you pick a fight with all of u- Urr, well, okay, the ones of us that like them anyway.. :sweat:

But I'm sure we can convince the Black Judges and Conflagrators to join in with the promise of mass heretic-slaying!

Indeed, that's going to be a fierce battle. That's the reason why the whole cluster is involved. Chaos warbands will strike here and there while the Black Legion does its thing, and the Imperials don't know what is the main goal of Ktevaa Sero :smile.:.

I have a feeling, however, that Mr. Sero is capable of fielding a larger, more coherent, more focused assault force than the Aetheric Swords will be able to gather on the fly when they finally, too late, discover the vultures circling over head.

I'll be helping make sure of it, by contributing at least one warband to the cause of His Most Transmutative Majesty.

And oh, how the Cluster will tremble at their coming.

But I'm sure we can convince the Black Judges and Conflagrators to join in with the promise of mass heretic-slaying!

If I recall correctly, the Conflagrators find the hymns and dirges of the Aetheric Swords soothing. The loss of this would not be a good thing, should it happen. Suffice to say, the orange-clad will be wrathful when one of their few friends becomes a target. And, of course, the heretic slaying. We cannot forget that. Some choice individuals strung up on stakes, ready for the fire, sounds most inviting... :devil:

If I recall correctly, the Conflagrators find the hymns and dirges of the Aetheric Swords soothing. The loss of this would not be a good thing, should it happen. Suffice to say, the orange-clad will be wrathful when one of their few friends becomes a target. And, of course, the heretic slaying. We cannot forget that. Some choice individuals strung up on stakes, ready for the fire, sounds most inviting... :devil:

Excellent, that's one of the psychopa- I mean, exceptionally-devout allies. Now all we need is to find the damn Judges and convince them. :ermm:

Regardless, the Aetheric Swords can count on the Scarlet Sentinels to aid their Grennarchian cousins, we do not forget our allies.

-=-=-=-= Excerpt from Imperial Record LC:AS #3744T2D =-=-=-=-

Chapter Master Nevine Wildblade, Heir of Vengetrix and leader of the Aetheric Swords

Chapter Master Wildblade is an exemplar of the values the Aetheric Swords hold most dear. He is utterly fearless and will actively lead his men from the front, even in the bloodiest of battles. He recognizes that power comes in may forms - be it a strong arm, a thick shield, the ability to command the Aether, or a thousand voices raised in praise of the Emperor. For even the smallest of things, such as the successful completion of a properly honoured and hallowed ritual beforehand, can tip the scales in the Imperium's favour.

As the Aetheric Swords' normal representative at the Liber Conclave, Wildblade has always been quick to seek action, and is always willing to commit his men to battle in the Emperor's name, no matter how seemingly undefeatable the foe. However, he is also known to be ill-tempered at times, and easily goaded by those who find Wildblade or his Chapter irksome.

Nevine Wildblade is a large man, even for a Space Marine, and seems to take a degree of pride in his barbaric appearance. He carries an ancient power sword, marked with a thunderbolt and Aquila emblem, and wears the Armour of Vengetrix: a suit of artificer armour, ornately decorated with numerous golden plates. Each of these plates is detailed with a network of intricate carvings, and studded with precious stones mined from the depths of Grennarch, which are said to gift the bearer with the strength of the dead. It is further embellished with a network of dark blue patterns painted all over the armour in accordance with tradition.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

There's my notes on the Chapter Master of the Aetheric Swords.

It's a bit wordy (no kidding), but I can always edit it later if needs be. :laugh.:

C&C more than welcome! :happy.:

I need to go through and see the force organization. I don't know what the hell is goin on.

Please, if you're feeling confused or left behind, just ask here and we'll try to catch you up or fill in the blanks. :)

And Ace, it sounds alright (although the name 'Wildblade' itself sounds a bit... Eldarish) - Lord Hellfyre needs a good shouting partner. :P

I like it, but I thought I would mention that I am seeing the 'trix' suffix quite a bit with the Swords. Nevine is a step in the right direction, but I would like to see some more varied names. If you're not finding Gaulic names enough, perhaps look at some Spanish/British Isle/Germanic celts.

It could just be that it's the same few Swords being mentioned more than once, so feel free to ignore me if so.

Anywho, I'll begin working on Ba'adike the Spear-Crowned, lord of a World Eater Warband.

Being a Gaul/Norman/French myself, I quite like the Vercingetorix feel of Wildblade !

Yeah, I did borrow pretty heavily from Vercingetorix for the Chapter Master.

Heck, I even 40K-ified his name for the Chapter Founder!

I like it, but I thought I would mention that I am seeing the 'trix' suffix quite a bit with the Swords. Nevine is a step in the right direction, but I would like to see some more varied names. If you're not finding Gaulic names enough, perhaps look at some Spanish/British Isle/Germanic celts.

It could just be that it's the same few Swords being mentioned more than once, so feel free to ignore me if so.

It's just me playing on the old Asterix comics and borrowing their naming convention. :laugh.:

I do plan on adding a bit more variety, though. :sweat:

Considering the Aetheric Swords are the only chapter the Angels Exultant can fight alongside without risk of "issues" due to the choir, something tells me that when the Great Transmuter attacks he might not be ready for both the Conflagrators and the Angels Exultant rushing his forces. I know I wouldn't want to face those two forces combined against you, let alone with the support of other chapters.

I'm totally stumped for coming up with a battle for the Blades :unsure.:

Who is your partner? Perhaps you need to just brainstorm some ideas with him/her until inspiration strikes.

Or perhaps someone else (can be absolutely anyone) can volunteer to help you out, spitball some ideas or write something out.

Considering the Aetheric Swords are the only chapter the Angels Exultant can fight alongside without risk of "issues" due to the choir, something tells me that when the Great Transmuter attacks he might not be ready for both the Conflagrators and the Angels Exultant rushing his forces. I know I wouldn't want to face those two forces combined against you, let alone with the support of other chapters.

I doubt Ktevaa Sero is stupid enough to fight the whole cluster by himself. The imperials don't know what he's up to. I like to think he'll send his allies pretty much everywhere, supporting local uprisings, occupying other Chapters while he takes care of the Aetheric Swords in a swift and total assault.

It's not a Black Crusade, so Ktevaa Sero has to be smart. And I think he is.

Oh indeed. And I'd love to see some void battles and such. Yet don't forget Ktevaa Sero hates the Liber Cluster. He wouldn't stay a minute more than necessary. He is not here to conquer, pillage or anything, and he has more pressing matters in the Eye of Terror.

I had the following ideas, feel free to react to those :

- The AS are baited to a nearby word by a local urprising and all that jazz. Sero and his forces fall upon them -> big battle in space and on the planet.

- The AS get terrific losses in a desperate battle. But the remaining few manage to escape. They arrive to their homeworld they find besieged by a Chaos warfleet, they rush to their Fortress-Monastery while the Chaos forces that previously ambushed them arrive in the system -> total assault on the Fortress-Monastery.

- A Chapter Master gets what Ktevaa Sero's plan is and leaves the warzone he was engaged in, but is it too late ?

Something along those lines. What do you guys think ?

Mhh.

I toyed with the ideas of "silencing the choir", having a scene with a Chapter Master inspecting the ruins of the AS fortress-monastery only to find those haunted by a moaning Chaos spawn that used to be the Chapter Master of the Aetheric Swords before he was transformed by Ktevaa Sero's hands. Then, some kind of mercy killing / righteous purification.

Suitably grim.

oh oh oh, Idea!!!!!!:devil:

What makes the AS so iconic, so instantly recognizable to the imperium and it's foes alike?

It's projected choir my lord?

Precisely, and not only that, but this is also a living history of all of their dead joined together, as well as for some a part of the connective tissue of the chapters here in the cluster.

So what is it you suggest great mutator?

We will sing for them, on every record they have. Or perhaps we will make them sing for us. Their screams and our laughter will ring out from their voxes.

Archived