Quick question betrayer, is it worth leaving bases/weapons/etc off your models prior to airbrushing? Or does it not make much difference?

Due to the way i make my bases i always leave them off and just paint my guys on cork or paper clips.  As for the guns....it depends on the model. I used to almost always leave them off and airbrush them separate but now with the plastic guys....it's rather difficult. So now i leave them on and just make sure to take my time and airbrush behind them.

So it's possible to paint with fully assembled models then, good to know. I prefer to get the posing spot on and glue the miniature together fully before painting. Time to make some marines!

Cheers for the response, looking forward to your tutorial!

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

So it's possible to paint with fully assembled models then, good to know. I prefer to get the posing spot on and glue the miniature together fully before painting. Time to make some marines!

Cheers for the response, looking forward to your tutorial!

I honestly haven't found it that much more difficult with the guns. And especially with metallic AL i like to pose them first so i know where light hits it and where to spray more blue and more purple and what not.

Also really curious to see how you gonna do that LEviathan! I mean, the way it looks, it seems more fluffy to something like Death Guard, Iron Warriors and maybe World Eaters, but hey - there's a reason why it's not a legion specific unit but is put in the general "armoury" ;)

Well I know it will have a lot of faded chain decals all over it. It doesn't really fit but I think it's a gorgeous model so..... I bought it haha

The only reason why I'm going to hold back from buying it for AL is that I also plan to do Space Wolves, Iron Warriors, Salamanders, Thousand Sons and Ultramarines. So, there will be no problem for me to fit it in one or two of the other legions among listed :D 

Another small update, had a chance to really nerd out today, 5 termies 5 seekers and 5 heavy bolters ready for prime. And leviathan soaking

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/B762FD95-8D5E-439F-ADBF-421CA689134E_zpswrhdi3rb.jpg

Another update, I was unhappy with the blue on the top half of the dread so I taped it off and re did it. Much happier I have to say I love this model. Still have a lot to but getting there. Almost done with all seekers, 10 termies, heavy bolters and 15 tac marines and just started a rhino, enjoy!

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/C4EAE1BC-AE7B-4A18-B60D-901337E6B58A_zpslq8ujk1d.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/D5B0B76F-FF21-4FF0-A26E-ED5DBE059458_zpsawkhfozq.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/BFFDB9D7-E127-4958-B050-CB4B17DDE78B_zpswthh9tp3.jpg

Edited by betrayer41

Is this the normal 40K Rhino? Wondering cause I thought that the icon plates/doors do not fit the FW deimos rhinos... or do they?

Yes it is, i just ordered several 30k doors so i can just run up to my local store and pick up rhinos when need be

Is this the normal 40K Rhino? Wondering cause I thought that the icon plates/doors do not fit the FW deimos rhinos... or do they?

Yes it is, i just ordered several 30k doors so i can just run up to my local store and pick up rhinos when need be

You mean you can order the Deimos Pattern rhino doors seperately? Or you were talking about the regular ones that have the iconography?

You mean you can order the Deimos Pattern rhino doors seperately? Or you were talking about the regular ones that have the iconography?

No no, i just meant i ordered several sets of AL doors and so i can go up to the store and buy rhinos need be

No no, i just meant i ordered several sets of AL doors and so i can go up to the store and buy rhinos need be

Oh I see! I suppose when you count the price it all comes down pretty much the same (a single Deimos Rhino = GW Rhino + FW AL Rhino Doors), so I suppose all down to the looks you wanna go for. When I build my AL and will start grabbing Rhinos as well, I will definitely get a variety of them, just because I can :D 

Oh I see! I suppose when you count the price it all comes down pretty much the same (a single Deimos Rhino = GW Rhino + FW AL Rhino Doors), so I suppose all down to the looks you wanna go for. When I build my AL and will start grabbing Rhinos as well, I will definitely get a variety of them, just because I can :biggrin.:

Its just about even, but i would rather have the 40k and AL doors, also i painted up the razor back hatch for the rhino so i can hopefully use it as a scorpius

You going to make your own Scorpius turret-thingummyjiggy? Cause I thought you have already got that Scorp from previous pics! By the way, any new cool stuff or effects on either the Scorp or Glaive?