Those tactical marines look stunning betrayer. Am I right in thinking you are using guilliman blue as a glaze? What do you use for the purple? Would you mind posting a list of the paints you use?

Yes sir you are correct very watered down with multiple coats. And yes I meant to do do a step by step last week but ended up batch painting over twenty guys. So this weekend while I'm nice and hung over I will do a step by step with pics of each stage of the model as well the paints used.

Betrayer how did you do the silver?

It's just Vallejo air steel with a Vallejo very watered down wash. I use clean brush to clean up the parts I want shinier. I'll be sure to show it in my step by step. Thanks for all the comments guys!

Ok fellas I need your help, I think I'm doing new based for the blue guys and I need your opinion..... I have done a few rubble ruins this way with greys. What do you think would look better on these guys? The grey style or the same base with more of a sandy sandstone brick color?

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/37569DC1-C48D-42F7-AA75-EC249179399D_zpsyiualwwj.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/D3DF1B55-F5E3-4D1D-9355-EBD2401ABD44_zpsjorq1tzh.jpg

I think the Darker Base fits the feel of the legion. The light stone would detract from all your lovely shades and hues hidden in the armour :smile.:

I think dark ones are better as well, that's what i will probably go for too!

Thirded. That terminator looks FABULOUS!!!!

I take it you've seen the Headhunters? :wink:

I have, and i have very very mixed feelings. I think what they have done is gorgeous, helmets and shoulder pads are perfect..i love the chest as well but i wish they would have finished the models......I DO  NOT like the way the look with the BAC set they look too much like The old snap fit marines. So now i am searching the internet for legs and arms i will be using. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

I have, and i have very very mixed feelings. I think what they have done is gorgeous, helmets and shoulder pads are perfect..i love the chest as well but i wish they would have finished the models......I DO  NOT like the way the look with the BAC set they look too much like The old snap fit marines. So now i am searching the internet for legs and arms i will be using. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

They're definitely an upgrade set then, not a standalone kit? That's disappointing.

I have, and i have very very mixed feelings. I think what they have done is gorgeous, helmets and shoulder pads are perfect..i love the chest as well but i wish they would have finished the models......I DO NOT like the way the look with the BAC set they look too much like The old snap fit marines. So now i am searching the internet for legs and arms i will be using. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

They're definitely an upgrade set then, not a standalone kit? That's disappointing.

We won't know if it's 100% an upgrade kit until it's released but based on the pictures coming out of the Warhammer birthday bash it sure looks like it. It makes sense in a way, it allows people who bought BaC to get away without buying another entire kit.

I have, and i have very very mixed feelings. I think what they have done is gorgeous, helmets and shoulder pads are perfect..i love the chest as well but i wish they would have finished the models......I DO NOT like the way the look with the BAC set they look too much like The old snap fit marines. So now i am searching the internet for legs and arms i will be using. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

We won't know if it's 100% an upgrade kit until it's released but based on the pictures coming out of the Warhammer birthday bash it sure looks like it. It makes sense in a way, it allows people who bought BaC to get away without buying another entire kit.

I certainly understand where they are coming from with that but its disappointing they could have done some great stealthy poses and what not. If it is an upgrade lernaens better be a full kit and they should release exodus too! IF got two upgrades but they also got two characters.

Oh I totally agree that it's lame that they didn't do full kits even something simple or subtle on the legs would have been good (like the dark furies).

I can't imagine Lernaens wouldn't be a full kit, every single other legion specific termie has its own kit.

I am very curious to see how Exodus turns out, assuming we ever get a model. Sadly I think he'll end up model-less like a lot of the other minor "centurion-level" special characters.

I certainly understand where they are coming from with that but its disappointing they could have done some great stealthy poses and what not. If it is an upgrade lernaens better be a full kit and they should release exodus too! IF got two upgrades but they also got two characters.

I suppose the plus side is that the IF upgrade kits are a decent saving vs buying a "full" unit (less than half the price of Mor Deythan, before you account for the plastics) so the Headhunter kit should be too.

Oh I totally agree that it's lame that they didn't do full kits even something simple or subtle on the legs would have been good (like the dark furies).

I can't imagine Lernaens wouldn't be a full kit, every single other legion specific termie has its own kit.

I am very curious to see how Exodus turns out, assuming we ever get a model. Sadly I think he'll end up model-less like a lot of the other minor "centurion-level" special characters.

Exodus would be nice but I'm not holding out too much hope; Dynat and Skorr (even if he was an Open Day exclusive) is more character models than some other Legions have got so far