When did Bjorn loose his hand? Wasn't it on Prospero? I read the short story of him finding the LC on the legions forge ship...?...

He loses the hand on Prospero

The Wolf Claw is stolen from the forge/armoury in Scars

Calling him "not-Bjorn" is sorta a joke as the model lines up perfectly with older art of Bjorn, he has the same weapons as Bjorn, and is also the "Fellhand"

But it's not Bjorn, because reasons

OHHHH the purple wash came out real good on the Sisters.

I agree, I am very happy with it. I wanted to show a before and after the purple wash. These models are beautiful

It really is a lovely shade!

I'm half tempted to do some custodes in a similar style. Less bling...

What base colour did you use for the bronze/gold?

OHHHH the purple wash came out real good on the Sisters.

I agree, I am very happy with it. I wanted to show a before and after the purple wash. These models are beautiful
It really is a lovely shade!

I'm half tempted to do some custodes in a similar style. Less bling...

What base colour did you use for the bronze/gold?

Vallejo model air bright bronze through an airbrush. I will. Be hitting my custodes with some 45 degree highlights or Valdor gold.

"He loses the hand on Prospero

The Wolf Claw is stolen from the forge/armoury in Scars"

It is the short story Wolf's Claw where he finds the claw and changes his name from one handed.  Worth picking up a good little story.

Crap, that's what I get for trying to remember at work rather than checking when I got home.

I recognize my failing and will be sure to correct it

When did Bjorn loose his hand? Wasn't it on Prospero? I read the short story of him finding the LC on the legions forge ship...?...

Calling him "not-Bjorn" is sorta a joke as the model lines up perfectly with older art of Bjorn, he has the same weapons as Bjorn, and is also the "Fellhand"

I don't remember that from Scars. I do remember him smashing an Alpha Legionary's face in with the metal-capped stump, however.

Your Russ is looking awesome.

I like the hair colour, whenever I do blonde marines it comes out a shocking yellow... Or ginger for some weird reason :D

And the square stud match your Wolves perfecty too... I am really hoping that we get studded parts like that o FW in the not too distant future

Although you have a mould line on the axe right the way up the handle :p

Can't wait to lay hands on mine!!

I don't remember that from Scars. I do remember him smashing an Alpha Legionary's face in with the metal-capped stump, however.

I was corrected about 2 posts after mine

That Russ is looking friggin fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooonlong time away, holidays are always like this. I've done a lot of building got about 30 guys ready to batch paint.

I am building my tartersauce termies right now. I plan on getting ten.....

What is the best load out for my wolves with tartersauce armor?

All lightning claws?

Seems like the primarch armours are custom made, given they stand twice as tall as most marines it wouldn't likely have been a modification of an existing armour mark.

Pity the wolves upgrade pads are so clean, something like Russ' studs and rivets would have been a relatively subtle hint at brutality / functionality and sufficiently different from 40k wolves.