Haha no worries just wanted to make sure I had it right

Those are my favorite as well.

The problem with basing them like my wolves is that I ordered in bulk my wolf bases from dragon forge. They're amazing bases but the backlog and turn around time is terrible. So I can just order bases here and there for my custodes

Edited by betrayer41

Your models are looking really impressive.

I still reckon though that shattered dominion AoS bases would look good, as they might be a nice blend between eldar-y webway and 30K Imperial, the set with 40 & 65mm bases would do Custodes plus dreads, while the 32's and 25's could cover SoS plus other stuff?

Looking pretty damn good! As far as that source material you're going off of, the strong metallics is a hit. I think you might benefit from going a little more on the blue tint, and in my opinion, Forge World's Grey Knight Steel mixed in a little with your recipe would look strong.

All in all, very nice kitsch-free wolves

Russ is looking sweet and that metallic is mind-blowing. Probably the closest thing I've ever seen to a true metallic finish. Outstanding stuff!

I'm really looking forward to Inferno to see what you (and many other Fraters) do once it's out. Exciting times ahead! :)

Thanks Fellas. I am very happy with my switch from grey to "metallic grey I think it is working out better than i had hoped. Obviously still learning and tweaking things as i go. But i think it's pretty close to the Artwork.

I am BEYOND excited for Inferno. I wasn't expecting to like the custodes and sisters as much as i do. But i am really REALLY happy with how the metallics on both the sisters and custodes turned out. I will be buying pretty much anything and everything that They put out for sisters and Custodes

Custodes need at least their own box...like a squad of 5 with multiple options...

@betrayer did you go over the Metallic grey your using now?

I a, hoping for atleast upgrades to be shown next weekend.

Do you mean how i achieved that color?

It is primed black.

Then I got Vallejo metal color burnt iron and applied it in bursts. You can just over the model very light bursts all over the model until it's more of a grey. If you do too much at once it looks too much like silver or gunmetal.

Then oil washes and pigments