I've yet to see the inside/Palm of that Particular Power Fist. Mind telling me what kind of detailing is in there? Is it like Hurons Claw/Fist with an Exposed Hand inside?

I will post pics tonight I think it's more of the cable type hints that you see on his fingers

I've yet to see the inside/Palm of that Particular Power Fist. Mind telling me what kind of detailing is in there? Is it like Hurons Claw/Fist with an Exposed Hand inside?

This is without doubt my favourite power fist that either GW or FW have produced.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Imperial%20Fist%20Plog/Pfist_zpslc35wgqk.jpg

I can't wait to see those Alpha Legion kits come to life with a paint scheme!

This is without doubt my favourite power fist that either GW or FW have produced.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Imperial%20Fist%20Plog/Pfist_zpslc35wgqk.jpg

I can't wait to see those Alpha Legion kits come to life with a paint scheme!

My shoulder pads helmets and torsos came yesterday so they should be assembled by Sunday and a base coat sometime next week

Hey guys, working on my vets, have 4 modeled.... Here is my sarge with power axe.... Need your opinions on heads which do yall like better? He will have a bolter strapped to his hip and and holster.... But which head?

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/B9686FC0-5ACA-44F4-9FB4-ABB497E59F10_zps9uu0yhrl.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/C49836DE-3BC1-4056-9B33-751939645B6C_zpscjguvf5y.jpg

Heya! I'm Claudius over at the Serpent's Lair, and found your thread here! Signed up specifically for it some could say, really love the colour! Basically, I've decided to repaint my Alphas to a more pre-Heresy look. I figured your scheme would be great, so I found this.

@ak.... Those are probably the easiest of the schemes I use. Start with gray Vallejo primer. Next is a base coat of Vallejo air gungrey. Next Vallejo air steel just hiting highlights. Then two thin coats of tamiya clear blue... No green. After that I wash it with gulliman blue, darker in the shadows. Then wash appropriately with nul oil. Dry brush the whole think with Vallejo steel. The bronze is actually a brass from gw

I have a few questions;

1) I don't have an airbrush, do I need one? From the above it doesn't seem like it.

2) I'm presuming a black GW base coat is fine? I've previously seen Tamiya base coats recommended for Tamiya paints.

3) No Tamiya clear green?

Edited by ChazSexington

Thanks for all the support guys, I think the vets may be my favorite so far. I love the legs on this guy. I think im going to replace the legs on my normal vets with these guys.

@chaz: thanks glad to help out anyone with more alphas!

1) all blues and greens are done with airbrush. I highly highly recommend it if you are going for metallic alphas. It'll change your life haha.

2) black gw primer is fine, all my original alphas wee done using that I just found I like grey and have more control over the airbrush primer

3) for my special units and characters no green. I use teen for troops and characters. If you look back in my thread you will definitely be able to see the clear green. Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks for looking

Thanks for all the support guys, I think the vets may be my favorite so far. I love the legs on this guy. I think im going to replace the legs on my normal vets with these guys.

@chaz: thanks glad to help out anyone with more alphas!

1) all blues and greens are done with airbrush. I highly highly recommend it if you are going for metallic alphas. It'll change your life haha.

2) black gw primer is fine, all my original alphas wee done using that I just found I like grey and have more control over the airbrush primer

3) for my special units and characters no green. I use teen for troops and characters. If you look back in my thread you will definitely be able to see the clear green. Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks for looking

Cheers! I guess I'm wondering if it's possible to do it without an airbrush, or is it mainly to standardise it?