Bowlzee's Emperor's Children

Bowlzee

How have I not seen this log before.... great work on the dreads, beyond gorgeous bases, and love the kneepad conversion.

I think your right about Eidolon's face/helm, removing that will go a long way in moving into EC territory and away from Sang guard. Look forward to seeing more.

Eidolon has lost his head, and wings, although I am painting the wings, and seeing how they look.

DSC_0777.JPG

I'm in the market for the Sternguard head with the beard... I think it would make a great head for him.

More on my blog.

I here you about the chest. It was the only chest piece in the Sanguinary guard set with a cloak of sorts. I'm painting up a few more to test how different he looks.

In other news I have painted up several heads.

1) Sternguard head

DSC_0808.JPG

2) Sanguinary Guard head:

DSC_0817.JPG

3) Homemade Helmet:

DSC_0834.JPG

I like my homemade helmet, but sadly it can only fit in one position because of the jumppack! Not very safe with that plume being so close to the air intakes!!

DSC_0840.JPG

marine7312000 has sent me a pack full of Space Marine heads. So I will see what else shows up!

Thoughts?

Great work mate! You've got a really nice shade of purple going on there. The Gold looks great too.

For the helmets, I'd go with the homemade one. It's unique and really fits the whole aesthetic of the mini. If the crest is a problem, maybe consider turning it side ways...

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/mkIVcom6nl.jpg

But if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. The most important thing is that the mini looks awesome.

Keep up the excellent work smile.png

I think I've settled on the Helmet. I put a lot of work in it, it would be a shame not to use it.

I have painted up some different torsos, as the original one didn't seem fancy enough.

1) Scroll

DSC_0842.JPG

2) Eagle Wings

DSC_0843.JPG

So work on my Primus Medicae is progressing nicely. I have a lot more paint on the model now, but didn't take any photo's this morning.

I did assemble it pre-Greenstuff and take a photo of the potential end pose.

DSC_0852.JPG

DSC_0853.JPG

DSC_0854.JPG

There is a big mix of bits on this model.

1) Head = MKIV Nuncio Vox helmet, with the scanning equipment filed off the back of the helmet and the Apothecary light clipped of the 40K apothecary helmet.

2) Chest = Sanguinary Guard with small tabbard, one I had painted up for Eidolon, added pouch and vials from the 40K Apothecary kit.

3) Jump Pack = Sanguinary Guard jump pack with the Light and scanner clipped of a 40K Apothecary kit

4) Legs = From Sanguinary guard, knees filed down MKIV green stuff knees added.

5) Power Sword = From Sanguinary Guard kit

6) Surgery Arm = 40K Apothecary arm with hand clipped off and the bolt pistol from a Palatine Blade put in it's place.

7) Shoulder Pads = 1 from the 40K Apothecary kit, the second from Sanguinary Guard kit with Brass etching of EC Eagle added.

Thanks guys,

I do have a question though, this guy will be running around with Eidolon and the Palatine Blades, so he will be protected from Challenges. With this the case, should I go with a Power Axe instead of a Power sword for that additional AP2?

Thanks guys,

I do have a question though, this guy will be running around with Eidolon and the Palatine Blades, so he will be protected from Challenges. With this the case, should I go with a Power Axe instead of a Power sword for that additional AP2?

Sounds good. I'd go with the axe personally :)

Looking great! The Sanguinary Guard axe would ben perfect. I'm also planning to use one of the Red Scorpion Honour Guard axes for my Emperor's Children. If you need another axe for another Legionary maybe see if you can find one on eBay.

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/images/IMG_1508.JPG

Archived