Bowlzee's Emperor's Children

Bowlzee

Looks good bro! A really nice paint job. The only thing that takes away from it is the massive mould line on the top of the axe...

Haha, yeah. 

I also need to remove the blood drops from it too. Just added it to the model for pictures, it's only on their with Blu-tac :)

I've now started work on some troops!

I'm converting some of my 40K Space Marines I had into Veteran Tactical Squads.

Bodies built ready for undercoating this weekend, legs have had their knees cut off, ready for some Green Stuff MKIV knee joints :P

DSC_0898.JPG

Note: be careful if using hobby knife to cut of knee pads... Otherwise you will end up with a cut up thumb like me :)

After green stuffing the knees I then built the bodies, leaving off the head, arms and backpacks.

I bought the Emperor's Children helmets to save time, rather than converting the helmets from MKVII to MKIV. The Sergeant I built from a Palatine Blade body. I have since Primed all this.

DSC_0905.JPG
DSC_0906.JPG

I have yet to finish working on all the arms and weapons. The 40K Tactical squad has many arms that cross the body holding the bolter with both hands, however I'm modelling them with Chainswords. I'm having to be creative in modifying some of the arms. Not to mention I've shaved the forearms, in preparation for turning them into MKIV forearms.

Wow, what an awesome start! Your scheme looks great and all the models so far are really consistent. Love that purple, and love the conversion touches- just the right amount, IMO.

Can't wait to see the troops painted!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the Emperor's Children look great. You did a stunning purple.

I also liked how you showed going through the selection process for each of the models, such as the medicae and Eidolon too.

The effects on the power weapons are about the best I have seen, they are ace!! Did you find a tutorial for doing them and if so where??

I've finished three more. Just need basing and weathering. I'm very aware of how slow I'm painting, and it's really getting me down. But must stay focused.

DSC_0961.JPG

I believe my mistake this time around was to paint everything separately. If I had assembled the whole models with the exception of weapons across the chest, I may have been able to paint them quicker. I will try on the second squad

Archived