++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Yeah, CSM have way to many supplements, a side-effect of having a bad base-codex which GW doesn't seem to wanna update (and it def. wont be before 8th), so instead of updating the base codex they just keep putting on band-aids and patches in form of supplements and dataslates. It's better than nothing though.

Luckily, Traitor Legions is the only one you really need at this point, in terms of formations and rules for the various legions.

(Unless you want to field Traitor Knights...or know the Lore of Change...or want to field Crimson Slaughter....)

It is too many books but my personal belief is there would have been nothing until 8th so I look at this as the lesser of two evils.

I also have Butchers horde from two Christmas' ago, and the Black Legion stuff, Crimson slaughter. It's a ton of books and digital doesn't cut it when you're rolling off of 3 tables in different books. Hopefully we see consolidation of rules in the next year.

What I've done with my digital books is screenshot the important tables from all the various books and compile then into a single pdf.

Works for me.

Edited by Cheexsta

Someone, somewhere, is really hating me...

Got a case of models stolen from my car...,again...

This time one of the locks of the pick up hardtop din't close like it should because of the cold or something, so the guy just forced it and managed to open the trunk.

My case was a toolbox, like many people do, so did that arsehole think it was a genuin tool box?, its pretty certain, also stole a pack of Belgian beers and a bottle of bleach and industrial detergent..., so not a kid who did this.

The case containt, my custom Land raider, my custom Soul grinder, a Skull cannon, an heldrake, my Custom with LEDs Maulerfiend, all of my dices, templates, my markers from 4th Ed(the green ones), my box from FW that contained my HH Khârn+ my limited edition KDK skulls, objectives tokens and cards...

Funny is that he opened my other army case, the large grey ones that GW used to sell that looks like a large briefcase, to see whats inside, he saw that there was models and left it, so why din't he look it the toolbox?...

i would'nt really mind if he just left the models and just took the darn toolbox, chance are that once he got further or home he opened it, saw the models,and now their in a trash bin somewhere...

...:cussi it, :cuss him, :cuss that.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Oberonkhan, I command the elite Skull Reavers warband through my proxy Duroth the Hound. Falling from Dark Angel's apothecary status to Khorne's almighty worship, he hungers to create the best warriors in the galaxy. He uses his narthecium to extract geneseed from the fallen and manipulate it to his will, creating ever stronger beserkers in the name of the Blood God. Pray you never fall under his calculating gaze, as his blood lust and desire for new subjects is never sated. 

(Hope I did this right, relatively new here)

So how's everyone's games going? I've only had the chance to play one game so far with the new World Eaters and it was a resounding success, so I'm curious to see what people are using, what they have been up against and how the games have gone.

So far my games have been very close. But all I'd consider 'mid-tier'. I'm a bit frustrated because it feels like a "I gotta go first" army like none other I can think of. 

The variants I've tried are MoG and Warband core + various Aux's. The Aux's I'm finding that work best are simply the Lost and the Damned to just tie junk up and hopefully get back on the table somehow. 

Plus I'm finding the Cultists are the only spot I 'trust' good ol' Khârn in. :)

I had my first game using the new World Eaters rules yesterday against my friend's Death Guard. 

I ran a Butcherhorde with a Warband with 3 MSU squads of marines, 2 MSU terminator squads, melta havocs, 6 bikes with meltas, juggerlord with talisman of burning blood and claw/fist with spawn and a daemon prince with the berserker glaive. I also ran a small CAD of Daemonkin with a D-thirster, 2 MSU squads of bloodletters and 2 MSU squads of hounds.

He ran a Plague Colony with 3 squads of plague marines and Typhus. some terminators in a land raider to go with Typhus, 3 vindicators, some cultists and 2 heldrakes.

It was a great game, the resilience of the new Death Guard really shows and the Plague Colony rules made a big difference against a melee centric army like mine. As for our crazy boys in red, the free move is fantastic. It immediately puts panic into the oppononent as everything is already closing in, i rolled an average of 5-7 so not terrible, with a 11 on the bikes and a whopping 12 on the juggerlord.

Speaking of him, this guy is the Usain Bolt of 40k. He rolled the trait of rolling 3D6 for charging and picking the 2 highest, so he was moving 12", then 15" in the movement phase, then charging 3D6+3" picking the highest dice, rerolling any dice due to fleet. He's not as choppy as an axe of blind fury lord, but he WILL get into combat.

The army did well overall and about as I expected. They butchered pretty much everything whilst getting butchered themselves, the only survivors being his heldrakes and my monstrous creatures, and a few bloodletters. Obsec was very important as it meant the single surviving fearless berzerkers had to be dealt with or it would cost him the game. Twice he wasted a heldrake's firepower just to take out 1 marine camping on an objective.

All in all I'm happy with the way they play, it's super fluffy, it's fun, and it allows you to make those all satisfying mass charges to wreak havoc. Just don't expect much of your army to survive but hey, Khorne cares not right?

So I was going through my world eaters/berserkers. I got 66 berserkers.

While my Nightblades are pretty much "Chaos version of battlecompany" from their inception, this I think will be a horde army...But a "dispersed horde" army.

It comes down to whether I should make up some dreadclaws (special on canisters of Tang and Countrytime lemonade again at work) or whether I should try and push their advantage of their move and go full crimson horde.

The question also goes, should I use them in Daemonkin try to leverage the bloodtithe? On that many guys, fnp and +1 attack on top of rage would be goggles-on time...I'm pretty set on using them as Berserkers though

Why not in the World Eater meta-detachment (World Eater Butcherhorde) with the Maelstrom of Gore formation as core plus a lord with the relic for additional 3" when moving, running and charging (Talisman of Burning Blood)?

Those are already at least 4x5 Berzerker.

Gives a pretty reliable first turn charge unless the enemy hides far away in his own deployment zone (but then you are free to take any objectives you want and he can't so that's not too bad either). 2d6" movement when the game begins, 9" movement, 2d6+3" charge (re-rolleable) = 26" on average without the re-roll.

The +3" is only for that one unit of course but the other Berzerker units still have a threat range of 2d6" + 6" + 2d6" = 20" in the first turn.

The thing about Daemonkin is that Bloodletters and Cultists are better Troops choices than Berzerkers almost every time.

If you want to run any CSM units with a Khorne theme, I think you're better off running a World Eater Butcherhorde. You lose the Blood Tithe, and thus the possibility of FNP and +1 Attack (which you will have to go without for at least one player turn at the start), but you gain:

- 2D6" free move on all non-vehicles before the game.

- Berzerkers with +3" to their charge move.

- Everything has free Veterans of the Long War, so gains +1Ld and Hatred (Space Marines) and also gains Adamantium Will.

- Non-Berzerkers with Fearless and Furious Charge at the same cost as Daemonkin equivalents.

- The Talisman of Burning Blood, which is one of the best relics in the game for an assault army IMHO.

^ This is a good point. I'm not sold though because of the marine issues.

If we're comparing pure WE vs pure KDK the accessibility of cheap Bloodletters and of course Gorepack is huge. Gorepack doesn't get you 2D6 pre game... it gets you 12" pre game. Granted it's one unit, but it's a darn good, cost effective unit.

You can't discount bloodtithe. The ability to manufacture a unit late game, any where on the table of an assault or shooting flavour (I think cannons are very underrated) is just really good.

Non-Berzkers are big though... definitely like that unit for WE.

But I think another area to think about is if your play Maelstrom (I do a lot) or any tourney environment that leverages that mecahnism (which is a fair amount) then the WE Warband is a darn nice thing that the best KDK lists just don't have.

The Talisman is fun... it's great, but overall I like the KDK relics better. That said I've put the Talisman on the Lord in the Raptor formation and wow... that's no joke. Same with Biker Lord in a Warband bike squad.

The greatest thing might be  that we can say WE feel better defined now and we can actually have this legitimate conversation whereas before WE were just a 'bad' flavour of KDK.

I resisted KDK for months after they came out because I didn't want to give up playing WE and this supplement gave it some new life.

Of course World Eater still have their own kind of problems. After all a World Eater meta-detachment is not much different than a BA Deathcompany meta-detachment when it comes to pure melee strength. And anything else they have is the same as any other CSM while being still scary in melee and with adamantium in melee as long as they are marines (tfw your Havocs can just decide to assault and rip and tear like the big guys).

In the current meta, is anything we can throw at the enemy really all that scary in close combat? HQs are all I can think of, especially with the new relics.

World Eater marines are decently scary for their points.

They are only a little below Deathcompany which is still good if they reach their target.

Are their top tier level? Not even close. They are also a good bit weaker than the upper mid tier lists. However I do believe that they can give them a good fight if the enemy isn't expecting them.

Well some are saying KDK is better, some are saying WE are better. Now I'm pretty sure KDK are very respectable in competitive environments so I think if someone is trying to tell me they think WE are stronger than KDK, then in effect that means we should be seeing them do top 25% (?) of tournament ranking?  I think my KDK could pull that off... (match ups count but I've had some serious tangles with very good Tau/Necron/Warcon lists. 

I really don't know if I would put WE in that category. I'm not saying it's impossible.

What I do feel is that at this point the only thing that will -ever- make WE better now (short of a mind boggling edition change) is re-writing the core units. I don't think GW seems to want to work on existing codexes anymore so I feel like that scenario is very unlikely. 

Of course... if Angron came out, all bets are off *unless facing Grey Knights, then forget about it. ;)

My problem with KDK is that the best KDK lists use a minimal number of power armoured units. Whenever I used that book, the only power armoured units I'd take were Chaos Lords and Bikers (because they're required in a Gorepack). KDK didn't fix the fundamental problem with Berzerkers and Khorne CSM: their inability to reach combat.

World Eater rules do.

So, for me it's an easy choice: if I want to use more Daemon units, I use KDK; if I want to use more CSM units, I use World Eaters.

I don't believe that WE as an army are necessarily stronger than KDK, though. The KDK codex is good, mainly by virtue of Flesh Hounds, Maulerfiends, beatstick HQs and being able to Summon units in the late game. However, if you were to make two similar CSM-based lists using each codex, I believe WE would do it better.

My problem with KDK is that the best KDK lists use a minimal number of power armoured units. Whenever I used that book, the only power armoured units I'd take were Chaos Lords and Bikers (because they're required in a Gorepack). KDK didn't fix the fundamental problem with Berzerkers and Khorne CSM: their inability to reach combat.

World Eater rules do.

So, for me it's an easy choice: if I want to use more Daemon units, I use KDK; if I want to use more CSM units, I use World Eaters.

I don't believe that WE as an army are necessarily stronger than KDK, though. The KDK codex is good, mainly by virtue of Flesh Hounds, Maulerfiends, beatstick HQs and being able to Summon units in the late game. However, if you were to make two similar CSM-based lists using each codex, I believe WE would do it better.

Pretty much this. Overall KDK are probably stronger thanks to the Daemons and the formations however if you really want to use actual marines WE is the way to go.