++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Hm, fair enough. Thinking my standard 2,000pt list will look something like this then:

HQ-

Khârn

Dark Apostle

Elites-

Hellforged Predator - Infernal Flamestorm Cannon

Troops-

Berzerkers (10) - Axes/Swords, Powerfist, Icon of Wrath (Dedicated Transport - Rhino with combi-bolter)

Berzerkers (10) - Axes/Swords, Powerfist, Icon of Wrath (Dedicated Transport - Rhino with combi-bolter)

Berzerkers (10) - Axes/Swords, Powerfist, Icon of Wrath 

Lord of War-

Hellforged Spartan Assault Tank - Quad Las

Hm, fair enough. Thinking my standard 2,000pt list will look something like this then:

HQ-

Khârn

Dark Apostle

Elites-

Troops-

Berzerkers (10) - Axes/Swords, Powerfist, Icon of Wrath (Dedicated Transport - Rhino with combi-bolter)

Berzerkers (10) - Axes/Swords, Powerfist, Icon of Wrath (Dedicated Transport - Rhino with combi-bolter)

Lord of War-

Hellforged Spartan Assault Tank - Quad Las

Looks solid, assuming your oponent lets you bring the Spartan.

Hi guys, so Im very excited to be back, last time I played World Eaters was back in 5th. Loved it but 6th really just was a reason for me to move over to another type of game.

Now with this newer wonderful edition I think I'm prepaired to look back into the action. A few things that have me wondering if we can compete however is Flamers and Fall backs. It seems very easy to do and a very easy way to migate what the Berzerkers are trying to do... However in order to remain optimistic I'm also aware that mono Berzerkers might not be GW's intention at all anwyay :D 

In any case, the most silly model I'm looking forward to play right now is the Lord of Skulls. I would love to know what you guys think about him right now.

The prime incentive for me to consider him is because he fills in a couple of roles and god-like stats that are rare these days.
- The Toughness of 8, meaning Bolters are extremely unlikely to even scratch the surface
- The auto-hitting, good god, the auto-hitting :P 
- The ability to heal himself up

- The ability to wreck face in melee

Now the one thing I'll do before purchasing him is compair him to what other Titanic options are, however I must say I like the look of the Lord on paper. There seems no solution to him other than trying to remove him, which in turn makes him an ideal candidate for a lightning rod.

Would love to know what you guys like!

Cheers,

He's certainly the best he's ever been, purely due to being less than 888 points to field. I haven't played 8th or seen how titanics do against other units, but on paper he seems great.

He's in the basket as we speak hehehe. I'm willing to give it a go. As he really thicks the boxes I like for this edition:

- Toughness 8.

- Auto-hitting ranged weapons, which he can also do in melee.

- Melee attacks that go up as the game progresses. (S goes down, minor thing)

With a base cost 465, Gorestorm at 74/Ichor Cannon at 58, Skullhurler at 98 he's very pricey at 637/621 but to me he seems worth the effort anyway, by large because of the things he can continue to do. With Gorestorm and Skullhurler making mice meat of larger units but generally have him strode up to pretty much deal with whatever. 

However we'll see how it all pans out :D 

I think he's an impressive enough unit. I've looked him over a few times but it's his point cost that bugs me. I'm waiting to see what the forgeworld Khorne dude does before pulling the trigger. ( sorry can't remember the name, but I own one)

I think he's an impressive enough unit. I've looked him over a few times but it's his point cost that bugs me. I'm waiting to see what the forgeworld Khorne dude does before pulling the trigger. ( sorry can't remember the name, but I own one)

What I recall from the Kythan is that he is indeed a very cool choice also though lacks the gut cannon and starts out with more attacks as the Lord of Skulls and loses them throughout. I cant recall the cost, I guess it's cheaper though it's likely also very much akin to a Knight.

All in all though I also want to give Khârn and Forgefiends/Obliterators a go. The 1" requirement is very close but the full failed re-roll excites me. I think that running 2 Forgefiends very close to him could lead to a very interesting Chaos alternative to the Razorback-line. Especially since I think the Hades Autocannon is one of the most allround weapons we have that is actually very good in all scenario's.

The other option Ive been considering is to not have Rhinos for the Berzerkers at all. While this footslog might sound silly at first I do think that a mix of Greater Daemons and/or Helldrakes remains a viable option to present key-elimination targets. However like many of us I'm hesitant to go full melee as Chaos cannot replicate that tactic as well as Orks and Nids can. Even Imperial Guard does this better in my opinion as Mob-play is really about the waves. What I mean by that is that you can enforce enough board control so that enemies do not simply step back and shoot the rest of them.

All in all I do have faith in Berzerker champions with Power Fists, it gives us an edge wether you want to use Chain Axes or not. S10 isn't easy to come by for a mere Troop choice. Let alone a Troop choice that can make 6 of these S10 attacks, albeit at a 4+ but if it connects things go down. 

I worked on a bunch of berzerkers today. They're still heavily WIP, but I've been adding damage to them (ripped up plates here and there, chinks on some pieces, etc.), as well as grenades and reposes. The poses aren't all A+ material, but compared to the squatty smurf default I'm happy with all of them. You'll notice a bunch of power fists; I plan to diversify the rest of the skull champions with axes. You've seen some of these before, so I hope you don't mind seeing a few again. 

CHAINAXES! VRRRRRRRR-RRRRRR-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Such inspiring work! Sorry to bump this topic again but I really love how you created them. Likewise I started a journey to find the right bits and pieces to make my own re-newed Khorne Berzerkers (while I still think it's likely we'll see a new box next year hahaha).

The initial box I picked up was the one for the Raptors/Warp Talons. While only 5 models I really like the dramatic movement they have but was wondering what others have used for their own created Khorne Berzerkers! Meanwhile the Forgeworld kit is also just ordered. Those Berzerkers look so much more menacing.

These are some bits from several stores I'm also considering:

http://evilcraft.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Evil-Craft-truescale-veteran-legs-set-s.png

Legs from Evil Craft, though I have no idea of they will match up with the belts from the World Eaters. We'll see....

They do seem a whole lot larger but I think I like it... It's not like the Berzerkers can't compete with Primaris...

20170325_085900.jpg

Does anyone have any other bits and pieces they would like to share? It's funny to use the old Berzerkers but since I hope/think I've grown since the last time I used those I'm looking for something new.

Lastly I still can't get Khârn + double Forgefiend out of my mind. It seems like a really good heavy support inclusion. I will certainly try and supplement it with a Heldrake but I also feel like using 2 Heldraks can easily lead to something that is too soft into Tau, Eldar and Dark Eldar. As the "Fly and lock" isn't effective into anything.

What I think is so beautiful about the Kill, Maim, Burn whisper is that it potentially allows us to do some silly ranged offense combat aswell. To which in my eyes the Forgefiend is the perfect candidate because double/quadruple Hades Autocannon does not seem like a joke...

At cost 193 (two Hades, one beak) a point I think they are sufficiently cheap to be considered over the likes of Havocs and even Las-preds for the simple reason that it has improved survivability and can assist in melee in a pintch (altough this is hardly required for World Eaters).

So am I stupid in wanting to go Khârn + 4 Hades Autocannons? Or am I missing out on something much better? 

At this moment I'm also considering Obliterators but the downside for me with them is that 24" range, otherwise slow movement and typical easy to tarpit. Initially I thought they had Powerfists but those days are over I guess.

I've been planning on using Khârn the same way, first game I'm planning on trying him with a Spartan (do his 9" disembark/move, drive the vehicle up its full 10 to within 1", fire). Eventually want to throw in a couple of Soulburner Contemptors or Decimators...issue is getting Khârn to keep up with everyone on Turn 2. I think this sort of tactic will be really useful with things that want to be shooting as they're running across the board towards the enemy and eventually get into melee. 

I don't think you're stupid for thinking of Khârn as a means of rerolling hits. Put him in the right spot and some serious dakka will go down.

I've been planning on using Khârn the same way, first game I'm planning on trying him with a Spartan (do his 9" disembark/move, drive the vehicle up its full 10 to within 1", fire). Eventually want to throw in a couple of Soulburner Contemptors or Decimators...issue is getting Khârn to keep up with everyone on Turn 2. I think this sort of tactic will be really useful with things that want to be shooting as they're running across the board towards the enemy and eventually get into melee. 

Commissar Khârn is back in town then!

300px-KharnTheCommissar.jpg

Put it into the whisper machine and listen how Khârn whispers pleasant thoughts into that of his fellow World Eaters.

Whispers arn't stupid

- Juggernut

I sometimes whisper to my Spartan

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

Ranged World Eaters gunlines, now that is something you don't see every day :P Khârn is definetly a relatively cheap yet effective way of mitigating the unreliable ballistic skill of the Forgefiends.

As for the Heldrakes, they're only worth their points with the Baleflamer. The Hades Autocannon will be hitting on a 5+ if you move, and why would you not move a Heldrake? IMHO they should be used like what they are supposed to be: Huge mechanical daemonic dragons.

Close in with your 30" move, flame and charge. He can easily 'snipe' exposed characters, disrupt masses of infantry and wreck light vehicles. That key squad of lascannon devastators? Yup, dragon food :P

Scream RAWR at your oponent with each charge for extra dramatic effect.

Ranged World Eaters gunlines, now that is something you don't see every day :tongue.: Khârn is definetly a relatively cheap yet effective way of mitigating the unreliable ballistic skill of the Forgefiends.

As for the Heldrakes, they're only worth their points with the Baleflamer. The Hades Autocannon will be hitting on a 5+ if you move, and why would you not move a Heldrake? IMHO they should be used like what they are supposed to be: Huge mechanical daemonic dragons.

Close in with your 30" move, flame and charge. He can easily 'snipe' exposed characters, disrupt masses of infantry and wreck light vehicles. That key squad of lascannon devastators? Yup, dragon food :tongue.:

Scream RAWR at your oponent with each charge for extra dramatic effect.

Absolutely, Heldrakes need to be able to act like dragons. Though I will say I think they are great against SM and some AM they are again quite lineair in design and approach. Just above that 200 point mark, which doesnt feel extremely comfortable for what it can do all the time.

What Im basically saying is that the Heldrake (2) are valid into well balanced lists. Waved spam however... maby not so much... Obviously its early to tell but the cost is steep. The effect can be good when two are applied but when your opponent out-heavy supports those 2 its difficult imho.

Gunline Khârn can do it too for me :tongue.: 

300px-KHARN_LOEV_FLASHLIGHT.jpg

Edit:

Someone has to remake this for Khârn and two Preds aswell.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/14/article-0-196A725300000578-346_634x286.jpg

Edited by Commissar K.

Gunline Khârn can do it too for me :tongue.:

Only if you include the commissar hat on the actual model :wink:

He'll have the hat on him! However, the initial plan is up in the air again.

Considering mono-Marines now. Point being; Havocs are really cool aswell and a ton of them can surround Khârn, a Khârn comfort group is the new plan.

What I like about this plan is that an obvious 'lock in combat' plan is quite easily countred with Khârn hanging in the midst of them ready to do his Heroic Intervention. The beauty of that is that opponents can't attack Khârn (unless he was the charged target) while Khârn can swing back twice.

Perhaps we can even consider a Khârn Khâstle, have to look up what that Bastion costs now...

Edited by Commissar K.

Reminds me of that Daemonkin warband that would take imperial bastions by surprise just before they were besieged by xenos forces. I think they were called the Harvest.

On that note, what will happen to KDK in this edition? Hopefully we'll be able to pick Khârn, assuming they're still a thing anyway.

Edited by Berzerker88

Reminds me of that Daemonkin warband that would take imperial bastions by surprise just before they were besieged by xenos forces. I think they were called the Harvest.

On that note, what will happen to KDK in this edition? Hopefully we'll be able to pick Khârn, assuming they're still a thing anyway.

I think Age of Sigmar is a really good indication of what will happen. It's a fun game and clearly has inspired this new edition of 40K aswell. Especially in regards to Keyword implentation and creating massive option trees for armies.

My prediction as such is that we will recieve optional bonusses in a Codex Traitor Legions, Codex Daemons of Chaos and Chodex Traitor Astartes. To which we will see relatively easy to understand restictions for a Keyword bonus that can only be applied for that Detachment if the Detachment is made up completely of units with that Keyword.

I think it's very likely that we will see Blood Tithe points back in 40K again for Detachments who are completely made up of Khorne units. This means that you could apply them for your World Eaters but other self made Chapters are a legit option then aswell.

Khârn will very likely play his part there also, he has the Khorne Keyword afterall. In that same vein I believe Legions like Night Lords will have their own bonus (such as making Raptors and Warp Talons Troop choices if they change their <Legion> Keyword to Raptors and Warp Talons).

Lastly the way <Mark of Chaos> can also become nothing/no Mark also confirms to me that will we see this option integrated aswell in several Traitor Legions who are in it for the Vengeance and less so driven by a particular Chaos God. 

I'm just curious if anyone has been playing World Eaters in games. I'm hearing very little and I thought this would be an army that would be having a funner time in 8th. Any feedback yet?

Just really small test games here, as Im fully in the process of creating WE from FW bits, EC bits, GW bits and likely some Greenstuff aswell ;) 

Feedback so far is:

- Berzerker Champions with Power Fists are absolutely insane. You can easily come back to heavy losses if the guy is still around and thus you didn't manage to lose too much thanks to Morale tests. It also feels extremely odd to make Morale tests for them again but it is what it is. 

- Im trying to go for different things as Heldrake's to support this generally melee orientated army. Khârn's effect on Havocs/Forgefiend/other Heavy support is going to be tested.

- Im also willing to try Zhufor with a group of World Eater Obliterators as a strike force... I am uncertain if this will work out well enough, it is quite heavily costed.

In general my feedback from games and vision on my local community is that Orks and Nids still outshine mono Berzerker tactics for the simple reason of Morale immunities. Khorne Berzerkers have the stats to come back into the game but things can go very wrong with smaller units if the opponent for example plays heavy anti-horde weaponry. In that sence Heavy Bolter spam hurt our armies more as they actually hurt the Horde armies.

So far just two games in (small), one win, one loss. The latter showed me how important it is to not go full melee. Berzerker units are fantastic but there is very little to nothing that actually requires us to run more as two as they are so melee driven while other armies can do that completely and Chaos does that partially. This to me also confirms that Chaos is a combined arms force and typically goes for the melee role against Imperium, Necrons, Eldari and Tau but prefers the ranged role against Orks and Nids.

The cool thing of this edition however is that lore matters very little and Khârn supporting Havocs seems like an extremely solid plan. Wether you equip them all with Missles or Lascannons the chance of them hitting is extremely high with that full missed re-roll option.

Well, the lore only matters as much as the players want it to, but there's no reason not to try out different combos. Khârn buffing shooty units is different from an Ultramarines chief librarian summoning bloodletters, IMO.

Sounds like some solid experience, though. Looking forward to having my own go at it.

Well, the lore only matters as much as the players want it to, but there's no reason not to try out different combos. Khârn buffing shooty units is different from an Ultramarines chief librarian summoning bloodletters, IMO.

Sounds like some solid experience, though. Looking forward to having my own go at it.

Certainly true, thanks for the feedback. I do want to say that these two where just quick 1K games. Running the Heldrake is a very solid start up still and for those who also just started out I can highly recommend it. The Heldrake is a little bit of a skillcheck also. In the sence that if your opponents do respect Chaos or Vechicles in general it might just be that they also decided to equip a Champion with a Power Fist. However I still don't see the online community moven towards this and in return this still means that the ground is a save place for the Heldrake to be.

Likewise Im also comming back on potential Warp Talon plans. I initially disliked them, still don't think they add much over Khorne Berzerkers but the more the Chaos army is blended the more power it has in my opinion.

I'm currently also considering something like a big blob of Poxwalkers for sitting on objectives. It's not doing much but the same applies to smaller units of Cultitsts aswell in my opinion. The advantage Poxwalkers will always have over them is a better 5++ and immunity to Morale so sitting around with them is actually trivially easy to do.

Plus the option to have visually Khorne-like Poxwalkers is also not too difficult to create. These Cryptghouls for example need some propper Blood for the Bloodgod on them but otherwise in my opinion could completely pass for Khorne Zombies, ergo Ghouls.

99120207032_FleshEaterCryptGhouls01.jpg

I think a full melee army is still viable, perhaps not the most competitive, but still strong.

I was thinking of a 2,000pts list of three squads of ten Berzerkers in Rhinos, supported by two ticks (Blood Slaughterers) charging up the front, while a Heldrake and a Terminator Lord and Squad armed with combi-meltas and chainfists blow up anything that could blow up the ticks or the rhinos. A Juggerlord would follow close behind, letting the Zerkers re-roll 1s to hit once they reach melee, and hopefully joining the fray himself.

This would force the enemy to concentrate their firepower to just a few targets, they will never be able to blow up more than one of two targets before the mechanised horde hits home. After that... BftBG.

Edited by Berzerker88

If you leave free ~700 points for 3 Xiphon Interceptors you'll have plenty of firepower to deal with heavy targets/enemy transports.

Certainly. I also think that Obliterators can be great on point diversions to have Berzerkers advance.

The moment players would try to engage obliterators you can respond again with Berzerkers.

Perhaps Raptors are an even greater synergy with Berzerkers as they Deepstrike and Fly which allows for simple disengaging and shooting while Berzerkers engage again.

Guess I will get more Raptors for World Eaters and use legs and swords for Berzerkers :D

Also have players tested our Autocannons yet? They seem to be a bit mweh. My mind had them on -2 AP but with the way they are I cant seem to find a particular role for them.

Just so I understand the fight phase for World Eaters... 

I charge, I move 3" to go first (since I charged), I roll out all my attacks. I then move another 3" and attack again? Then my opponent rolls?

I've watched people use the 3" move for their second 'free' fight phase into new units and I don't know if this is legal since the rules state that you can only attack something you declared a charge on. 

I'm seeing 190 model count Ork armies and wondering how I can make my World Eaters equate to that kind of speed and moral-immune blobbiness of attacks. :)