++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Brothers! I've been looking 45 minutes straight now and have been unable to find a clear answer to this... but this looks like it might be the best place to ask, so I'm hoping someone more experienced than I will know:

I want to convert some Khornate character models using some Khornate AoS legs, and hopefully the Stormcast Liberator torso fronts (and appropriate CSM backpacks) - does anyone know enough about the scale here to know if I need Blood Warrior legs? Or can I use Wrathmonger legs? I fear the Blood Warrior legs because I KNOW I'll feel compelled to convert the leather boots, which could go very badly I imagine... But if the Liberator muscled torso fronts are tiny in comparison to Wrathmonger legs then I guess I have no choice. Anybody know or tried this?

Brothers! I've been looking 45 minutes straight now and have been unable to find a clear answer to this... but this looks like it might be the best place to ask, so I'm hoping someone more experienced than I will know:

I want to convert some Khornate character models using some Khornate AoS legs, and hopefully the Stormcast Liberator torso fronts (and appropriate CSM backpacks) - does anyone know enough about the scale here to know if I need Blood Warrior legs? Or can I use Wrathmonger legs? I fear the Blood Warrior legs because I KNOW I'll feel compelled to convert the leather boots, which could go very badly I imagine... But if the Liberator muscled torso fronts are tiny in comparison to Wrathmonger legs then I guess I have no choice. Anybody know or tried this?

Maybe this answers your question? http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286791-augustus-thread-finished-bloodthirster-p143/?p=4612808

Thanks for this, but while I've been an avid follower of your thread for ages Augustus, and while these guys look FREAKING gorgeous and have actually been a real inspiration for the sort of thing I want to do, this doesn't answer my question I don't think? These look to be the Blood Warrior torsos, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm wanting to use the Liberator torsos. Unless you're telling me they're the same size and will therefore fit on just fine??

+edit+ Also still leaves me wondering if the Wrathmonger legs are the same size as the Blood Warrior ones or not... I've read they're "heavy infantry" as opposed to the "medium infantry" Blood Warriors, but again, despite stacks of searching I can't seem to find anything verifying this or giving details.

Edited by Draakur

They are roughly the same size mate. Wrathmonger legs are slightly bigger technically but only for those with a wide stance.

So Id use the legs if you like them. I wont use the Bloodwarrior legs because I hate the boots. Full plate armour with boots just ticks me the wrong way in 40k. I also dislike the gloves on the Khorne Berzerkers.

AoS stuff matches well for armour and chains.

If you want I can make a size comparison picture.

Thanks man. Yeh I pretty much feel the same with the boots etc. I figure if I can avoid that then all the better, so this is good news.

No need to take a scale shot, but thank you :) You think the Stormcast Lib torsos will slot on ok then?

Thanks man. Yeh I pretty much feel the same with the boots etc. I figure if I can avoid that then all the better, so this is good news.

No need to take a scale shot, but thank you :smile.: You think the Stormcast Lib torsos will slot on ok then?

The Stormast Lib torsos on the Skullreaper legs do require a lot of cutting and greenstuffing. I personally wouldn't go as far to attempt it for the simple reason that I think you might not like the difference in detail too much.

The Stormcast Lib torsos are hollow and sit on abs that come with their legs:

b71648c3-03ea-487e-930e-d9014604f948-wat

The Skulltaker legs can fit pretty much any torso, but the torso does need an abdominal section.

http://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99120201028_15.jpg

Greenstuff can offcourse fix pretty much anyting but I do think you might (or am quite certain) prefer another torso for that Chaos Space marine vibe!

All in all a sketch up would help. However I think that if your willing to go the extra mile you could easier sculpt armour around the torso's the Wrathmongers come with themselves. Cutting arms and replacing them with CSM arms should give you some beefy looking dudes aswell.

Though I don't know what your plan was for them! :) 

Right ok. That makes sense.

Ok well my "grand plan" was ab/muscled torsos on preferably Wrathmonger legs. Not fussed on arms but had no plan for bare ones, everything will be in plate I think. In my head the most suitable torsos would therefore have been the Stormcast ones, but maybe I need to look elsewhere? BA nipple armour perhaps?

I'm going for, if possible, a less warped/"daemonic" look and a bit cleaner than your typical warp-saturated 10K year old traitor, which I was hoping would be achieved with some of the torso armour and arm choices. Happy for the Wrathmonger legs to be pretty badass but yeh, overall less spikes and semi organic armour, etc. It's for a character group I want to model called the Eighth Circle, essentially a more martially proud, sane and less bloodthirsty set of Khornates (none of which are WE, so no nails), who place combat skill and their own twisted sense of honour and martial code above pure bloodthirst and fury. They serve Khorne in his aspect as the ultimate warrior, and despise those who lose themselves to blind fury - one of their preferred enemies then are other Khornate forces, who they look down on as abhorrent imitations of true warriors.

I don't plan on making bulk amounts of these guys, and if I'm being honest I'll probably spend just about anything I need to on them to get them looking exactly how I want and to allow for my minimal modelling experience, regardless of cost.

This is super helpful hey, exactly the expertise I was hoping for, thanks Commissar K! :)

Edited by Draakur

Well other torso's that would fit really well for the design would be that of the Blood Warriors. Still also nother example without ab section but an closer fix.

Another alternative I've seen is this one (which doesn't look too bad in my opinion):

848586114156623_520307738176709_15608158

It really can be as simple as cutting the boots and attacking Chaos Space Marine lower legs. Weaponry needs to be changed but that's about the 'easiest' way to do it in my opinion. 

Then if you don't like the look of the arms, you can quite easily use the regular Chaos Space Marine arms for that aswell, you would have to cut them more or less at the upper bicep area. 

Ok great.

Thanks man, this has been super helpful - I'll be sure to show y'all my guys! :smile.:

Looking forward to it. 

I'm still waiting on my World Eater kits to arrive from FW, will likely thake another week or two. The moment I have them I'll also experiement with some legs and such. Making them a little true-scale maby but generally aiming to make them look more like the artwork from GW.

Meanwhile another Helbrute will recieve another Fidget Spinner arm but I still am looking for Lascannons to use for them. What are the rules on WYSIWYG Lascannons? Would two long barrels suffice? Do I really need to make them look much more different as an Autocannon?

I've been out of 40K for years and just recently found out that WYSIWYG is still a thing.

The boots are indeed a straight cut - but I'd advise getting a modelling saw then - makes for much more controlled and straight cuts. 

Hidden Content

I want to convert some Khornate character models using some Khornate AoS legs, and hopefully the Stormcast Liberator torso fronts (and appropriate CSM backpacks) - does anyone know enough about the scale here to know if I need Blood Warrior legs? Or can I use Wrathmonger legs? I fear the Blood Warrior legs because I KNOW I'll feel compelled to convert the leather boots, which could go very badly I imagine... But if the Liberator muscled torso fronts are tiny in comparison to Wrathmonger legs then I guess I have no choice. Anybody know or tried this?

Maybe this answers your question? http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286791-augustus-thread-finished-bloodthirster-p143/?p=4612808

Thanks for this, but while I've been an avid follower of your thread for ages Augustus, and while these guys look FREAKING gorgeous and have actually been a real inspiration for the sort of thing I want to do, this doesn't answer my question I don't think? These look to be the Blood Warrior torsos, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm wanting to use the Liberator torsos. Unless you're telling me they're the same size and will therefore fit on just fine??

+edit+ Also still leaves me wondering if the Wrathmonger legs are the same size as the Blood Warrior ones or not... I've read they're "heavy infantry" as opposed to the "medium infantry" Blood Warriors, but again, despite stacks of searching I can't seem to find anything verifying this or giving details.

Errr, I'm confused. I'm not sure how I didn't answer your question there, as you asked for the scale of the Blood Warrior legs, which I showed in my pictures relative to the backpacks, arms and rhino? But then you comment on my showing the torsos... ?
Or am I reading your response wrong and the double negative "doesn't answer my question I don't think?" means: 'this does answer my question I think'. Wut?
I'm happy to help, but I can't if you're not clear on what it is you want answered! :biggrin.:

In any case, like Commissar K said: the legs and torsos of the Blood Warriors are almost the exact same size as those of the Liberators. :tu:
Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Yeah and for those who dont have acces to saws a heavy duty blade like a Stanley also can do a saws job. Just think twice, cut once type of deal ;)

For PP models Ive gotten custom to do this with a Stanley but offcourse watch out in what you are doing :)

The wicked cat of Eternal Chaos stuff also has some nice Blood Warrior conversions. Cant link those pictures now but a quick google shows another wonderful alternative that isnt too hard to create.

Errr, I'm confused. I'm not sure how I didn't answer your question there, as you asked for the scale of the Blood Warrior legs, which I showed in my pictures relative to the backpacks, arms and rhino? But then you comment on my showing the torsos... ?

Or am I reading your response wrong and the double negative "doesn't answer my question I don't think?" means: 'this does answer my question I think'. Wut?

I'm happy to help, but I can't if you're not clear on what it is you want answered! :D

In any case, like Commissar K said: the legs and torsos of the Blood Warriors are almost the exact same size as those of the Liberators. :tu:

I was asking specifically about the size of the legs I'd need in relation to the Liberator torsos I was hoping to use. That was the context I'd supplied. You didn't use Liberator torsos. So in that sense, the pic wasn't relevant. I'm not sure where the confusion is? Did I need to phrase this better? At no point did I ask whether Blood Warrior legs fit on the torsos you'd used :) Were you hoping to just increase my understanding of how big Blood Warrior legs were on a mini??

Right ok. That makes sense.

Ok well my "grand plan" was ab/muscled torsos on preferably Wrathmonger legs. Not fussed on arms but had no plan for bare ones, everything will be in plate I think. In my head the most suitable torsos would therefore have been the Stormcast ones, but maybe I need to look elsewhere? BA nipple armour perhaps?

I'm going for, if possible, a less warped/"daemonic" look and a bit cleaner than your typical warp-saturated 10K year old traitor, which I was hoping would be achieved with some of the torso armour and arm choices. Happy for the Wrathmonger legs to be pretty badass but yeh, overall less spikes and semi organic armour, etc. It's for a character group I want to model called the Eighth Circle, essentially a more martially proud, sane and less bloodthirsty set of Khornates (none of which are WE, so no nails), who place combat skill and their own twisted sense of honour and martial code above pure bloodthirst and fury. They serve Khorne in his aspect as the ultimate warrior, and despise those who lose themselves to blind fury - one of their preferred enemies then are other Khornate forces, who they look down on as abhorrent imitations of true warriors.

I don't plan on making bulk amounts of these guys, and if I'm being honest I'll probably spend just about anything I need to on them to get them looking exactly how I want and to allow for my minimal modelling experience, regardless of cost.

This is super helpful hey, exactly the expertise I was hoping for, thanks Commissar K! :)

Aren't Berzerkers supossed to be 'filled with unholy joy' when they finally reach battle? I think I read somewhere that the only thing that felt good anymore was fighting.

So I doubt rage is a factor for any of them when it comes to battle. If anything, the rage should come from NOT fighting.

I'm taking this from their fluff entry in Traitor Legions btw.

...sorry?

Where did I say rage was an issue for berserkers?

+edit+ I'm reading what I wrote again very closely, but I can't see the word rage, maybe you were referring to my use of the word 'fury'? If so I get what you mean, perhaps I should have said frenzy :)

I was referring to the frothing madman archetype that they disdained, if that isn't already apparent.

Edited by Draakur

KEK.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/4.bp.blogspot.com/-DD577cxHNXU/VOu_h1Uck9I/AAAAAAAALr0/0m0JvE_wIU0/s1600/J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing.jpg?resize=619%2C320

That unassembled Skarbrand still in the box hiding in my closet is looking awfully tempting as I got him planning on doing a KDK army but then 8th hit instakilling flyers sounds fun :D

...sorry?

Where did I say rage was an issue for berserkers?

+edit+ I'm reading what I wrote again very closely, but I can't see the word rage, maybe you were referring to my use of the word 'fury'? If so I get what you mean, perhaps I should have said frenzy :)

I was referring to the frothing madman archetype that they disdained, if that isn't already apparent.

Oh, so they're basically type 3 Blood Knights (basically Noble Demon archetype, who like fighting and killing but still have a code of honor) right? I apologize in advance if I'm being annoying, but I just love discussing fluff :P

So what would this code of honor be, I'm guessing the classic 'no civilians' rule maybe :D

Edited by Berzerker88

KEK.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/4.bp.blogspot.com/-DD577cxHNXU/VOu_h1Uck9I/AAAAAAAALr0/0m0JvE_wIU0/s1600/J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing.jpg?resize=619%2C320

That unassembled Skarbrand still in the box hiding in my closet is looking awfully tempting as I got him planning on doing a KDK army but then 8th hit instakilling flyers sounds fun :biggrin.:

What if it also have the airborne ability?

KEK.jpg

I am now genuinely considering getting Skarbrand.

Same here, the bubble is huge around him, because many forget what kind of base he's strutting with.

Now for certain Skarband can still die relatively easy but I do think this is a massive insentive to play him.

That unassembled Skarbrand still in the box hiding in my closet is looking awfully tempting as I got him planning on doing a KDK army but then 8th hit instakilling flyers sounds fun :biggrin.:

Certainly go for it! There is more to Skarbrand aswell offcourse. I think a blob of Cultists surrounding him is really cool, all they would really require is a flamer and hopefully good Advance rolls.

What if it also have the airborne ability?

It still crashes all the same.

Some Flyers with minimum movement have the option to Hover, if they declare that their movement (for example) goes from 20"-50" to 20" and often loses some additional benifical rules in the process. However this is something that specific player has to declare.

8th edition Warhammer 40.000 is getting more and more gotcha's. Not very healthy for a new community but I do enjoy this veteran perspective in it because it forces you to understand the rules in and out.