++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

I think both variants are indeed something else, provided there is a Sorcerer Warp Timing these World Eater Terminators after they have come down, as this pretty much guarantees a charge which in turn grands them all an additional attack etc.

I think as a result you can mix it up quite well actually. Two or three guys with a Power Fist and a bunch of Combi Plasma is what I'd likely go for. In many cases the Berzerkers are aiming for infantry aswell so the Terminators are often better equiped for dealing with tanks in a particular far away area. 

Played my first game with World Eaters yesterday. I was close to table him, at the end he only had a whirlwind against a contemptor, 2 rhinos with havocs, 3 berserker some cultists. Sadly my daemon prince failed his charge with rerolls and was shot up and countercharged by a dreadnought. The berserker slaughtered his space marine squads and charged turn two. Was becoming very one sided at this point but the army as a whole with the world eaters special rules was impressive and I found my army for the next future.

Absolutely agree with that, the World Eater Legion trait by itself is great but it becomes amazing with Berzerkers. They are certainly a glass cannon in the sence that they die as easily as your bread and butter Space Marine but the offense is truely out of this world when they do charge. It's fun and very flavourful.

The same also applies to our Daemon Princes, indeed our biggest enemy is long ranged anti-infantry fire and failed charges but mostly failed charges because we can pick the Transports ourself to ensure anti-infantry fire doesn't get to do it's thing multiple times.

All in all Im very happy where World Eaters are at with this Codex. Same applies to Emperor's Children and most certainly also Alpha Legion. For the other Legions I think there is enough power in there but you do have to try your best to search for it and find the Legion/Stratagem synergies. Black Legion still have their Abaddon advantage, Renegades have Huron and Night Lords can really be very effective the moment your opponent does not have straight up Morale check denial (speaking of which, where is ours? Or is it logical that Chaos is the easiest scared faction out there?).

Our strenght really comes from World Eater Berzerkers and that's because they have the offense of something easily worth 22+ points but the defense of just 13, making their cost exactly right where they need to be. If we ever get the option to thake extra Power Weapons instead of Plasma Pistols I'd say that they'd be the best melee infantry in the game. However we do not have that option (yet). 

Working on a quick distraction, just about done with him... considering chopping the books away and replacing them with skulls/helms of fallen champions. Rather than the 8-pointed star as his Sigil of Corruption, he's holding a fel relic in the form of an idol carved in the likeness of a bloodletter's skull. It drives folks crrrrrazy with blood lust!

C5iqXN9h.jpg

3o6wMxMl.jpg

uoTgHTZh.jpg

tYmNPZMl.jpg

Also, I don't know if these have been shared yet in this thread, but I came across them on Shapeways. Chainaxes for either hand, they look decent:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5PVDR2X24/28mm-chain-axe-with-evil-hand-left?optionId=63118420

710x528_19431383_11286866_1500030879.jpg

I just ordered 20 of the right-hand chainaxes. Using the free shipping coupon (ApatheticFishSmr17) shipping was covered completely.

Edited by Juggernut

I need some rules clarification:

There are two enemy models close together. I declare a charge with khorne berserker against one unit, survive the overwatch and make contact. I then wipe out this enemy unit. It is correct that I can consolidate towards the other unit and if I get within one inch fight with the khorne berserker again against the second unit?

I need some rules clarification:

There are two enemy models close together. I declare a charge with khorne berserker against one unit, survive the overwatch and make contact. I then wipe out this enemy unit. It is correct that I can consolidate towards the other unit and if I get within one inch fight with the khorne berserker again against the second unit?

You can if you declared a charge to both units. This little sentence prefents us from doing otherwise:

Core Rules; Fight Phase; 3. Choose Targets

Models that charged this turn can only target enemy units that they charged in the previous phase.

It's easy to be confused so if some have questions about this feel free to ask. In many cases declaring multiple charges onto multiple units is something you'd rarely do with most armies. For Berzerker users or World Eaters however you should always consider this if the risks arn't too high and you'll recon that destruction of the charged unit is extremely likely.

And yes, we also get the World Eater Legion bonus from the additional attack on the charge in the fighting phase, which means that if you fight twice (which we do) you retain this bonus. Like we do when we do charge and thus can pick fights first in the Fight phase twice.

Cheers,

Edited by Commissar K.

@Jugger: Dark Apostle or Lord? I ended up going with a similar bloodletter head inspired "relic" on my apostle (slightly converted DV mace guy). Looks good!

Also eagerly awaiting your thoughts on those chainaxes, I have 10 Berzerkers base coated and mounted waiting for their weapons and these seem like nice candidates.

@Optimvs: Dark Apostle, the harbinger of blood cults innumerable. Herald of Gore. Something equally stereotypically Khornate, you get the drift.

I'll post some pics of the axes when I get 'em.

@Brassclaw: looking cool! Can we see pics of the left arm?

Edited by Juggernut

@Optimvs: Dark Apostle, the harbinger of blood cults innumerable. Herald of Gore. Something equally stereotypically Khornate, you get the drift.

I'll post some pics of the axes when I get 'em.

@Brassclaw: looking cool! Can we see pics of the left arm?

DHydDisVYAAQ5HC.jpg

Ask and you shall receive

Err, I already cut them away... :P

I made this chain backpack, I'm wondering how you all think it compares to the stock backpack with the parchments:

Picture quality is crap, apologies:

GGyW0quh.jpg

*edit* I think I'll go with the dark apostle backpack. It looks super cool, fits his position and would be a shame to cover up, even though chains are cool. Don't wanna overdo it.

Edited by Juggernut

This is the list I'm thinking about taking to the next gaming night. It doesn't have to be too competitive, just something to have some fun with.  

+++ World Eaters (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [82 PL, 1498pts] +++

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +
Chaos Lord with Jump Pack: Axe of Blind Fury, Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne

+ Fast Attack +
Raptors: Mark of Khorne
. 2x Raptor
. Raptor Champion: Bolt pistol, Power fist
. Raptor w/ special weapon: Meltagun

. 2x Raptor

. 2x Raptor

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +
Dark Apostle: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Dark Apostle: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

+ Troops +
Khorne Berzerkers: 7x Chainsword and bolt pistol, Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Bolt pistol, Power fist

+ Heavy Support +
Chaos Predator: Mark of Khorne, Predator autocannon
. Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +
Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm open to suggestions, again this is just for an open game night :wink:

@juggernut- really liking the DA, but like you say the original DA back pack looks better. The back pack with chains it better suited to a model that is charging Imo.

@brassclaw - really like that exalted champion with murder sword. I would do a wash of nuln oil where the gold trim meats the red armor to break it up a little. Also a watered down axgrax wash on the skin in the recesses of the muscles to help show off the definition in the muscles :-) looking forward to seeing how he turns out.

As for the list it looks pretty solid for a mainly infantry based one, let us know how it works out ;)

Hi all,

I play Khorne in AoS, and am thinking about making the jump.  I wondered though, about the availability of juggernaughts.  Index had a KL on Jugger, but I don't see the entry in the new book.  Are WE now juggerless?  Say it ain't so!

FMB

For the time being you can still use Datasheets (and many rules) from the Index that are not in the Codex. So you can still use your Khorne Lord on Juggernaut. I don't think there are too many reasons to run him other than with Chaos Spawns however as the speed and such otherwise causes some anti-synergy with either faster or slower units.

In addition due to how Legion Traits work the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut also does not benifit from the additional attack on the charge, which is a bit of a pitty. Nontheless a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut with Powerfist surrounded by a unit of 4-5 Chaos Spawn still seems like a mighty fine fast force to me. The prime insentive to not do this now however is that Legion Traits are actually amazing and we also have a handful of FANTASTIC Stratagems which in turn make specific units more interesting as others. 

While I initially was quite happy with the Axe of Blind Fury for example I havn't found any real reason yet to actually thake it as the Artefact. In almost all cases the Talisman of Burning Blood gives our Daemon Princes a fix you'll want and a Warlord Daemon Prince most certainly is what I'd advice newer players now. It's just very easy to protect and very strong on the assault with either Axe or Talons.

Cheers,

look at the Nova Results 2d place Chaos soup,  list below , but most important , 20th a World Eater player, haven't seen the list yet

Supreme command 
5 malefic lords 
Aetaos’rao’keres 

Supreme command 
5 malefic lords 

Brigade 
3 malefic lords 
The changeling 
10 pink horrors 
5 x 10 brims and a blue 
3x scout sentinels with lascannons 
3x heavy weapons squads with mortars 
3 x command sqauds with lascannon 
186 summoning points

https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/r/cv5ylvgk   (ranking)

Edited by Rodrick