++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

I feel that the character Detachment as a whole is better left out of comp play because it leads to Herohammer and on top of that grands another CP.

We will see what will happen though, I think the character rule as a whole only becomes an issue due to the Detachment.

That's a good solution for tournaments as well in case GW doesn't do anything about character spam. Would definitely include that if I were to organize one.

look at the Nova Results 2d place Chaos soup,  list below , but most important , 20th a World Eater player, haven't seen the list yetSupreme command [/size]5 malefic lords [/size]Aetaos’rao’keres [/size]Supreme command [/size]5 malefic lords [/size]Brigade [/size]3 malefic lords [/size]The changeling [/size]10 pink horrors [/size]5 x 10 brims and a blue [/size]3x scout sentinels with lascannons [/size]3x heavy weapons squads with mortars [/size]3 x command sqauds with lascannon [/size]186 summoning points[/size]

https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/r/cv5ylvgk   (ranking)

Sorry if I'm missing something.. how was this gamer able to run Chaos and guard? Is there no more ally matrix his edition?

How are you guys checking the Army list I wanted to take a peak at the world eaters

look at the Nova Results 2d place Chaos soup,  list below , but most important , 20th a World Eater player, haven't seen the list yetSupreme command [/size]5 malefic lords [/size]Aetaos’rao’keres [/size]Supreme command [/size]5 malefic lords [/size]Brigade [/size]3 malefic lords [/size]The changeling [/size]10 pink horrors [/size]5 x 10 brims and a blue [/size]3x scout sentinels with lascannons [/size]3x heavy weapons squads with mortars [/size]3 x command sqauds with lascannon [/size]186 summoning points[/size]

https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/r/cv5ylvgk   (ranking)

Sorry if I'm missing something.. how was this gamer able to run Chaos and guard? Is there no more ally matrix his edition?

How are you guys checking the Army list I wanted to take a peak at the world eaters

renegades and heretics from the Forge World chaos index i think

I feel that the character Detachment as a whole is better left out of comp play because it leads to Herohammer and on top of that grands another CP.

We will see what will happen though, I think the character rule as a whole only becomes an issue due to the Detachment.

That's a good solution for tournaments as well in case GW doesn't do anything about character spam. Would definitely include that if I were to organize one.

It certainly is the easiest solution to handle it I feel, because even if they'd remove the CP bonus it's still to easy to 'abuse' the power of the Character rule. There is more to it as the regular 'can't shoot me' rule aswell, Heroic Interventions in particular for cheap characters with Power Fists can lead to some dumb stuff. 

But yeah we'll see, I think the game is better off without Supreme Command Detachment at this point. I believe that the idea to give Characters this protection also came with the idea that whenever you want to include Troops, Elites or Heavy you also have to have to include other HQ but this does not apply the other way around thanks to one detachment in particular.

Looks wonderful indeed! I also have a hobby question since I don't own any Forgefiends/Maulerfiends yet.

Would you guys think a Forgefiend Hades Autocannon would look odd on a Hellbrute model for his ranged weapon?

I don't play in a competative heavy enviroment so the WYSIWYG issues arn't really there but Im worried the Hades Autocannon might just be oversized too much?

Many thanks for your advice. If I had the model I could check on it myself but I don't :( 

You could always cut the barrels down by a few mm if it doesn't look right, but I bet it would look pretty good as-is.

Yeah that was the plan, will have to finish the study and pick the model up, I've got two Hellbrutes waiting for some attention and I do think they make for really nice fire support now mainly thanks to the Fire Frenzy Stratagem.

Despite it tactically not being the most potent choice I do plan to continue with a full World Eater army spreaded over multiple Battalions. Hellbrutes seem very cool to me and I basically like all the Monsters, Dudes and Robots :) 

Jugger... what happened? Did you cut yourself while converting that World Eater? I hope you're okay..... wait a second... is that.... paint? Did you intentionally get paint on a that model?

(I'm just pulling your leg.... glad to see you get some paint on those fantastic conversions!)

Yeah Age of Sigmars range is going through the same process and honestly most units are. Nurgle was offline last month for a couple of days, likely another case of reboxing and including the right bases.

I think that the Raptor/Warp Talons are the best minis for us if you indeed want dynamic and chaotified models. I like a lot of alteratives with Heresy armour too but these typically are less ornate.

Another cool thing (I think) to use for Chaos Spawn would be the Age of Sigmar Wrathmongers/Skullreapers. Come with the right base and Khorne flavour. Less Scifi but something I can grab quickly due to AoS Khorne army aswell.

In that same vein, on the other side of things, AoS Bloodthister has just become significantly cheaper and I hope this too will be the case for us eventually. I was also suprised to read that Codex DG will include all Nurgle Daemons too!

I'm still feeling pretty torn about my Berzerkers... I don't want to keep waiting around for GW to release new minis (although I can imagine they are going to be glorious!)

I found this unit of Berzerkers converted from raptors on the web and I'm definitely feeling super tempted to do them.

Khorne-berzerkers-conversion06.jpg

I can't decide which Bezerker helmets I would throw on them though.. either the ones pictured here or the MkII ones from FW. Actually, a mix of both probably wouldn't look bad either.

I don't think I'm a fan of the Khornate torsos from FW... so what do you guys think for torsos: MkII, III, IV or V? 

I might just have to pick up a box of Raptors myself for my next batch of Berzerkers, that is pretty awesome.

I agree re: FW Khornate torsos, they're definitely not my favorite (and I have like 20 of them laying around unused from the FW upgrade kit), but I think they do go well with the Raptor legs in this case.

I largely prefer Mk. III armor (legs and torsos) for my Berzerkers- the FW Legion torsos with Mk. III legs also work very nicely I think (posted my own examples a few pages back). I have a fresh batch of full Mk. III 'zerks that should be fully painted up in the next week or so, I'll certainly post up pics.

So, I've been doing some list writing to keep myself busy at work.. my Terminators are coming in pretty ridiculously expensive. Any recommendations on tooling up Terminator Squads? Is there a max number of combi-meltas I should include and should I have a mix of combi weapons? I'm trying to keep things fluffy so the Terminators will be a unit of 8 unless you guys highly recommend against it.