The Legion for you... Community Assistance Thread

Hyaenidae

I like the grey and will still use them as my Siege of Terra force. They'll just stick with the grey scheme as a Terran born solidarity show. The artillery guys will probably be the normal (ish) yellow while my siege/shock force will have mostly black variant (again, ish)

Heraldry is fluid, ladies and gents. Many different companies and battalions received special honours over the course of Unification or the Great Crusade, or have been tasked with special missions, or simply refuse to change their heraldry for various reasons (like the Terran Exiles of the XIX).

My Iron Warriors are far cleaner than most, as my Dragoon-Captain is a stickler for functional equipment that looks the part. My Cataphractii are painted in a more distinctive pattern, to reflect ancient honours earned during Unifcation and the early Great Crusade prior to the discovery of Perturabo.

My XX Legion will receive a very dark grey scheme, broken by light grey/white chains painted around their armour, to represent the sins of their brothers, and their specific calling as a 'clean-up crew' within the Legions' command structure. Each link in the chain will be representative of a successful mission.

My XVII Legion Unification era Iconoclasts will be painted a pale ash color, a symbol of their calling as the purging flame of the Imperial Truth during the wars across Terra's surface.

Stop thinking that you absolutely have to stick with the classic heraldry of your Legions, and go nuts, y'all. Challenge yourself, and don't restrict your imagination.  :)

With so many possibilities there is no reason that anyone can't come up with something they want.  Heraldry is so varied during the HH, there is something for everyone.

Heathens, sent you a PM.

back on topic, I am still settled on the uni-grey scheme. BUT, I remember from my U.S. Cavalry days, that yellow is associated with the CAV.  so, now I have a decision to make, do i change my CAV guys to yellow to reflect tha........you know what, screw it. they are ALL going to be in the Unification scheme. No one else(that I know of) is going that route, so as my pathfinder badge reminds me, I'll gladly blaze that trail.

yep, unification era Imperial Fists will do nicely.

thanks for helping out guys.....guess I'll start a planning thread in the next week or so.

prime.

back on topic, I am still settled on the uni-grey scheme. BUT, I remember from my U.S. Cavalry days, that yellow is associated with the CAV.  so, now I have a decision to make, do i change my CAV guys to yellow to reflect tha........you know what, screw it. they are ALL going to be in the Unification scheme. No one else(that I know of) is going that route, so as my pathfinder badge reminds me, I'll gladly blaze that trail.

yep, unification era Imperial Fists will do nicely.

thanks for helping out guys.....guess I'll start a planning thread in the next week or so.

prime.

I'm doing the same actually. The early VIIth Legion, as the other Legions, all started out as a Regiment of several hundred - before their numbers grew to the tens of thousands.

I figured a hundred-ish Unification style, then grow it into some Templar Brethren and standard 30K IFs. They'll all mix just fine.

Good luck with your Sons of Dorn.

so yeah, after some thinking last night,  I have decided to really run with the whole Unification wars era. what can I say, Painting grey appeals to me. I'll probably do Sol system and slightly beyond so I can still model a few Thunder Warriors. I will probably do a proper IF army later, but this appeals to me most. 

Archived