The Talon Of Horus

First off, you have a shrine dedicated to yourself? O_o or is the name just ever so slightly misleading...

Second, nice to hear that you got some giant formats of those amazing art pieces + having an unnumbered copy, makes it all that more special tongue.png

Third, though not really of your doing/you have no say, why doesn't Black Library take paypal sad.png I almost Instantly-impulse-bought it upon seeing the trailer till I realized why I didn't buy many BL Books...EDIT : yes I know the book isn't up for preorder yet, but if it was.... the point still stands >_>

P.S as for not using a credit card...I have my reasons...

Its his mancave that he uses for gaming and other manly things. And when its location becomes public, global knowledge, there will be pilgrimages to this New Mecca as we worship his Holiness. So say I!

Of course Flint will be coming along to talk to his wife.

From the contents page shot in that trailer, it looks like Extinction and Chosen Of Chaos will be included in the First Edition, as well as an exclusive story.

I said I would buy this if 'Extinction' showed up, and now there's even more? Truly the dark Gods have blessed us...

First payday is tomorrow, I have an extra $50 to put in with it, it releases at 1:00 pm EST, and may my wallet forgive me.

It's 1PM GMT Kol, that would make it 7AM EST, you guys on the Atlantic coast are 5 hours behind if memory serves

Jesus. That's a really cool trailer. Thanks for posting it, Slip - that was the first time I'd seen it.

I've got #0001* of the First Editions just like you'd expect, but BL have been really lovely on this whole project, sending me A3-sized copies of the internal artwork (now framed, ready to be mounted on a wall in the Aaronorium) as well as a print of the insane cover by Raymond Swanland.

Please enjoy this tedious slice of behind-the-scenes pointlessness.

* Actually, I have a magical unnumbered one, but the effect is much the same.

"daemon-embossed"?

No wonder it's £40! 

From the contents page shot in that trailer, it looks like Extinction and Chosen Of Chaos will be included in the First Edition, as well as an exclusive story.

I said I would buy this if 'Extinction' showed up, and now there's even more? Truly the dark Gods have blessed us...

Where were they published? Can't remember...

Extinction was published in a Games Day Anthology from a couple of years back whilst Chosen of Chaos was released as a short from last years BL Advent Calender and also in Renegades of the Dark Millenium

Extinction was published in a Games Day Anthology from a couple of years back whilst Chosen of Chaos was released as a short from last years BL Advent Calender and also in Renegades of the Dark Millenium

Thank you - have the latter although had forgotten that!

I've read Extinction before and I really liked it, I can imagine that its events won't necessarily impact wildly on 'Talon Of Horus', but it's a nice bit of flavour for Legion Wars combat. For the sake of slightly insane completionist reasons I'm happy to pay that much extra to get a print version of that story now...

(I would imagine the "it'll never be printed again" description is worded that way because it'll be available in epub/mobi format from the BL site eventually. But who knows how long that'll be. And I'd personally always choose reading things on the page over reading them on any kind of screen.)

I reallllly hope this book doesn't make me start another army....

*shakes fist at ADB*

"Damn you sir and your fantastic writing!"

....now where did I put that WIP 8th assault company....

I almost started drafting a True Sons army, using one of FW's Horus models painted like stone as a statue. Of course with the way Undivided plays for Chaos, I never went through with it.

Remember everyone, give your wallets pain meds and oil your credit cards with the sacred unguents and burn incense for your cogitators. Tommorow's the big day.

EDIT: Technically today's the big day but I work overnight so I'm a day behind. :P

Remember everyone, give your wallets pain meds and oil your credit cards with the sacred unguents and burn incense for your cogitators. Tommorow's the big day.

EDIT: Technically today's the big day but I work overnight so I'm a day behind. tongue.png

I was about to agree with you, since I'm usually a day behind for the same reason. Then I realised the release time was really in 6 freaking hours (or whatever, I don't know the exact time, sorry) and I started getting The Fear.

Some releases are a cross between the excitement of Christmas and the fear of peeing in your jeans before a large crowd. Or, like, having a kid. You hope it'll go great, but what if it has two heads and everyone pokes it with sticks?

Some releases are a cross between the excitement of Christmas and the fear of peeing in your jeans before a large crowd. Or, like, having a kid. You hope it'll go great, but what if it has two heads and everyone pokes it with sticks?

Since this is a book about Chaos (through Abaddon) wouldn't having two heads be seen as a blessing?

EDIT: Technically today's the big day but I work overnight so I'm a day behind. tongue.png

I was about to agree with you, since I'm usually a day behind for the same reason. Then I realised the release time was really in 6 freaking hours (or whatever, I don't know the exact time, sorry) and I started getting The Fear.

I'm pretty sure it'll sell well. Abs + your name + all the posts here saying "It's expensive but I'm going to go for it" = DISCO? And people have really liked the preview chapter.

What I'm saying is the baby probably doesn't have two heads. We've done some scans and all that. And people seem to be saving their sharp sticks for... other things.

I've heard that putting your head under a pillow and playing cartoons from your childhood in the background is good for The Fear.

Archived