The Talon Of Horus

Well, I've received the confirmation email so hoping its a done deal.

UK website was a bit awkward - the buy button on the individual product page had a "-" instead of a price, pressing it did nothing but skip you to the top of the page.

Go back to website main page and press "buy now" and it was all ok though.

Goodness gracious me the BL website must've taken a hammering - I kept having to use the 'add to cart' button for something like twenty minutes before I had a copy show up in my basket. Now I've got the confirmation, I can rest easy. ^_^

So I had in my cart earlier when the site went down, got frustrated and got ready for work.

Just got to work, and what do you know, I was able to complete my order. Just got a confirmation email, but I'm kind of scared its just a glitch. 

Pleasepleaseplease don't be a glitch. 

Phew! Think I've managed to get one. I have the confirmation email so fingers crossed!

To celebrate, go and update your Black Legion Plog, brother !

Haha! Will do! Time to finish those Noise Marines. :D

Good luck to those still battling the website! Show it no mercy!

I bought my copy at 1.56pm in the UK no problems with log in or completing the order. Free wallpaper now loaded on my iphone too.

I can't quite understand the small numbers printed either? Where GW nervous that it was a 40K Ltd Edition rather than HH?

Come on GW it's A-D-B last time he was published in a Ltd book he broke the internet msn-wink.gif

I doubt there are many left now as I had the 300 copies left email from BL at 3pm so if you want one get a move on ph34r.png

You'd think they'd have learnt from the mess with Aurelian. In other words, make it 10,000 or something. It's ADB for Thrones sake, he's a walking money printer

But, quick money injection. Then, people will buy the hardback... The special edition HH standard... Before the two paperback formats in due course. Maximise profit over a period. No point them having loads of other 'standard' copies around. Point of these first editions clearly won't be that.

We'll, I'm kind of pissed. 1pm BST is like 5am Pacific. I was up half the night taking care of an infant and decided to stay up "just a couple more hours" to get this book. Of course, all I got were broken storefront messages, so I decided to go to sleep. Of course, by the time I wake up it's sold out. Pretty much the same thing happened to me for Aurelian, when I spent the night waiting for it, then after the first botched release, they decided to move the release to when I'm on my honeymoon in Mexico...

AD-B rules, but I hate how I will never read The Wonderworker because of GW business practices and web incompetence.

Eh, to be fair, the "never will be printed again" will probably only last until they print it in some sort of anthology. Most like the Black Legion omnibus.

EDIT; That said, yeah it sucks that you missed out just because of website errors. That was one reason I was worried when I came from work and people are going "I Bought it! I bought it!"

Well I missed it what with the errors and it reminded me of my horrible experience with Aurellian. With that one I was planning on getting the gold ed. for myself and the silver ed. as a gift for a buddy. I accidently hit the order button twice for the gold ed. and had two of them plus the one silver in my basket. Not wanting to be a greedy arse I went in to edit my basket and take out one of the gold ed. so somebody else could have. Having left one of each in my basket I then went to check out only to have the gold ed. disappear from my basket. When I contacted BL about this they said it was because they were having trouble keeping track of things between their wharehouse and their ordering system but that I had got the silver ed. and if I wanted to I could order another because that edition hadn't sold out yet at that time. But basically it was tough censored.gif that something I wanted and had been in my basket just disappeared and wasn't available anymore.

Why would they? They still sold every copy in <4 hours. Job done as far as they're concerned. Your frustration didn't hurt their bottom line. Investing in more servers for the ~12 hours a year they experience this isn't going to sell more copies than "all of them".

Okay, I think I got my copy but it was uglyier than a ride through the warp hanging on to papa nurgles' buttock hairs.

I thought I lost my copy as I was getting connection errors, but I checked back hours after and it now says my order did go through

I'll believe it when I see it though.

I went back for the wallpaper and it looks like it is gone! Is that normal? Or will it come back?

I would say that you aren't doing your job properly if a product completely sells out in 4 hours, clearly you could have made and sold a more significant number of copies and made even more money.

Maximise profit on a limited run: generates hype for the next three physical releases.

In turn, hyping the series etc. and a new style of limited book.

They've added another type of physical release to the three they had - it's like printing money for them. We'll keep buying them if they keep on churning them out like this.

I don't feel bad - I back an excellent author, a company I like and get to read a great story. I feel for people who couldn't legitimately get on and buy it or had these issues. I would've been just as frustrated no doubt. 

Archived