The Talon Of Horus

Yeah. As much as I joked about the "glory" of bringing the website to a grinding halt, I feel you on that score.

*snip*

So, again, I can only apologise for the inconvenience, dude. 

Well, there is a certain pride (perverse or otherwise) in bringing enough traffic to crash a website. It proves you have the popular demand. As far as I can tell brother, you are a highly rated writer amongst the community. If I had to name the three best writers in the BL stable, you'd be one of them with no shadow of a doubt. Now, flattery aside, don't feel like you should take the lumps for this. Black Library will learn from this (or they should at least) and this technical issue falls in their lap, not yours.

Regardless, congratulations on what appears to be a successful first edition. Now the proof will be in the eating, uh, reading. ;) 

I wonder how long it takes for them to ship 1,500 copies of Talon of Horus.

Assuming computer-printed labels and hand packing, you're looking at about two minutes per copy with a trained packer. Soo... three thousand minutes... which is fifty hours... about four days, assuming a single packer working standard hours + a little extra. ^^

I wonder how long it takes for them to ship 1,500 copies of Talon of Horus.

Assuming computer-printed labels and hand packing, you're looking at about two minutes per copy with a trained packer. Soo... three thousand minutes... which is fifty hours... about four days, assuming a single packer working standard hours + a little extra. ^^

Love it. 

I will assume there'll be more people working on it - and hope to get it in the coming days!

My order is still only "Acknowledged". I am trying not to worry about it and failing. I hope it's because they are leaving the international orders for the last...

Mine is still Acknowledged as well and I'm only a motorway away from Nottingham :( 

If people's are to be trusted, the US customers get their stuff shipped first. Probably because of the duration of the trip their package has to go through.

I don't know, with the Purge you said you got your copy before mine was even "despatched". But like you said, "if people's are to be trusted".

Never bought the Purge smile.png.

Huh. Okay well someone in Europe bought the Purge and got it before mine was even despatched and I bought my copy as soon as it went on sale and I am in the US so I call boulderdash on US customers getting priority.

Never bought the Purge smile.png.

Huh. Okay well someone in Europe bought the Purge and got it before mine was even despatched and I bought my copy as soon as it went on sale and I am in the US so I call boulderdash on US customers getting priority.

I got it after you, and I'm in the UK (Purge), IIRC.

Might just put them into batches.

UPS should still get it there pretty quickly I'd imagine. 

I'm excited.

It doesn't get delivered by UPS. It gets delivered by the by UPS to the local Post Office which then..... well I presume you've heard the jokes about the United States Postal Service even across the pond, right?

Archived