Sons of Sanguinius - A Blood Angel Blog

DietOfLiquor

So this is my WIP thread for my Sons Of Sanguinius. I decided to forgoe the usual red theme and go for Sons of Horus colors as I fell in love with the paint scheme after I saw a picture online that made me go crazy. But this is going to be both for 30k and 40k. Using them as C:SM for the time being until the new BA codex drops which is hopefully soon msn-wink.gif But until then, I'm building and painting like crazy. This is a fraction of what I've got. A lot of it is in various stages of build, having reposes and what not. But hope this can be great to watch grow as many great artist on here that are amazing to watch!

14859317229_ebed3e8b5d.jpg

14859315999_e347493c7b.jpg

15023055646_aca910d017.jpg

15045681072_a90cb75739.jpg

Thanks! Here goes the newest WIP. My Master of Signals. I didn't feel like spending the money to try and get one that looks like the rest. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the chest, looks kind of bare for an HQ unit.

14861217497_30481e6239.jpg

15047776345_8d2e893384.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the not so keeping up of this thread for a while. There's a 30k campaign that's taking place in November so I took awhile to kind of debate what I want to do as far as this army goes. I went back and forth on continuing these guys and Iron Hands or Raven Guard, I decided to stay with the Blood Angels even though it'll be another two years before we see any sort of book, hahah. Anyways, it's going to be 3,000 points and I have until November to do what I want to. I already built my list using the Angel's Wrath RoW and this is on my list:

Praetor

Mortiat

x2 10 man tac squads

x2 storm eagles (Still need both)

x2 fire raptors (Need one)

10 man destroyer squad (Need another 5 man squad)

2 apothecaries (Need to build up one)

2 javelin attack speeders (Need both)

3 man jetbike sky hunter squad  (Need these guys)

10 man assault squad

So I've got quite a bit to accomplish in just over two months. But I will be peeking around back and forth. I'll be posting WIP shots starting this weekend.

As for the recipe:

-4 drops badger orc complexion

-2 drops vallejo dark sea blue

then add a drop of black for base color, using the main recipe at a 45 degree after words then a drop of white for final highlight. It's pumped through an airbrush for zenith style painting.

Very nice green you have there, could we get the recipe please?

How about nice freehand on the blank chest?

And I've thought about that, not sure yet. Might green stuff a tear for the chest and then free hand around it possibly. Thanks for the input!

@deathspectersgt7 Thanks!! :)

I kind of have a little fluffiness to go behind the paint scheme now:

The Crimson Spectre is a Blood Angel Battle Barge that was ordered around by Horus. So for me, my legion is led by Captain Dionysus. They are an elite tactical strike force using air superiority with fast moving ground forces to quickly eliminate or cut off the enemy. Being tied closely to the XVIth legion due to their primarchs being close, they kept their iconography tying them to their legion, but changed their armor color to match that of Horus's fleet and stayed closely by them being the elite force utilized by the warmaster when needed.

@deathspectersgt7: They're loyalists, just a strike force utilized by Horus and they stood with his forces for quite some time, almost incorporating themselves but not after the Istvaan Massacre they were able to escape. I just didn't want to do red again as I had a Blood Angel force 4th through 6th and wanted a new change of flavor. Hahah.

@Armond: It's actually not a gold but came out like it, which made me happy, but I came across it on accident. It's Vallejo Bright Bronze, washed with a black wash, having it pop out with a tad bit of Glourious Gold to help it pop then highlighted with Vallejo Bonewhite for a nice edging for it

I feel bad for never checking this thread out before...glad I have now as such great work being done!

Impressive airbrushing..something im quite jealous of!

You have another follower for this!

Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing the fire raptor done!

I mean, it's obviously unfortunate that you're a Blood Angels guy; I believe we in the VIII legion still have a few of your relics? tongue.png I really like the scheme here and I totally agree the SoH colors are absolutely sick (even though I personally hate mixing colors to replicate it). Also, I am really jealous of the array of awesome FW kits you have; that knight is awesome, the Sicaran is awesome, and the Fire Raptor is (also awesome and) probably my favorite model ever! I've actually been looking for a way to run a Sicaran in my regular 40k games, since it's kind of in between a full on land raider and a predator. Anyways, awesome work dude keep it up! smile.png

Archived