Forge World European Open Day

If memory serves (which it may not), a Warhound should have somewhere in the region 9-12 hull points, and void shielding rather than the one directional ion field. So substantially more survivable than a Knight.

Bingo.

Screw it. It's now my goal in life to crush every knight I find with a Warhound. Because, dammit.

I shall get a Knight Lancer and challenge you to a joust misguided cousin!

You keep dreamin', dude. I'll be busy murdering your pretty Knights from afar.

All your battlemech belong to us.

Hmm Lied you said a 380pt knight with a st6 gun seemed silly? Is that like a 750pt TITAN with a st6 gun!?

If that Titan only had a S6 gun, then yes, that would also be incredibly silly. But with the Warhound, it's an option, and you have a second gun for heavier work. Admittedly, if I had a Warhound I wouldn't bother with the Vulcan. The Castigator, however, is something of a different beast, thanks to the lack of customisation you get with Knights, so to my mind it being stuck with only a S6 anti infantry gun is different to having the option of giving the Warhound a dedicated anti infantry weapon on one of its weapon mounts.

Hmm Lied you said a 380pt knight with a st6 gun seemed silly? Is that like a 750pt TITAN with a st6 gun!?

If that Titan only had a S6 gun, then yes, that would also be incredibly silly. But with the Warhound, it's an option, and you have a second gun for heavier work. Admittedly, if I had a Warhound I wouldn't bother with the Vulcan. The Castigator, however, is something of a different beast, thanks to the lack of customisation you get with Knights, so to my mind it being stuck with only a S6 anti infantry gun is different to having the option of giving the Warhound a dedicated anti infantry weapon on one of its weapon mounts.

Hmm that's a pretty good point Lief. I guess mine was just a gut reaction - "this tiny knight has a more powerful bolt cannon than my titan? Waaaaah!"

In reality, I've always thought the St6 warhound bolt cannon was a little weak, so instead of making the castigator lower str I'd rather the warhound was also str7.

Again, this is silly. I'm not trying to make a big stink, it just irked me a little at first.

On topic - it's a GORGEOUS model. All the new knights are. And I will almost certainly be buying the Imperial Fists dreadnought to accompany my Zone Mortalis force. Wow.

Archived