Tundaran Knights-73 big update, tree demon, things!

Argent aquila

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, time really flies, 2 weeks and no update?! Ridiculous!

Sorry about the lack of stuff lately, i've been rather swamped with a deluge of real life complications, upcoming AP exams, other tests left and right, a certain person who i'd thought i would never see or talk to again turning up in my life. (not necessarily a bad thing though, she makes me happy.)

on another note, i had to clear a genestealer infestation on both my painting table and on the gaming table, i tried out my first non computer based game of Space Hulk, with slightly modified rules, and brought home a hefty 3 out of 5 victories for my chapter!

Lastly, on top of all that, is an upcoming deadline for this "little" guy:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/2015-wonderfest-sneak-peek-16yr-olds-start-next-year-225612/?highlight=wonderfest

(now that i look at that thread my dad started, i REALLY need to learn how to smile for a picture sweat.gif

I look so..... tired?.... moody?.... Which does make sense, i suppose. Maybe it's the hair?)

Anyway, actual stuff i got done................ little to nothing. SO, i'll post a tiny bit of progress, and spend the next coupla hours writing and post that when i'm done, probably around midnight tonight if not sooner or later.

WIP sergeant, he's going to end up like the librarian, lacking actual face painting until i can figure out how i'm going to approach the issue of skin tones. He has dryad bark with nuln oil wash on armor, leadbelcher on most of the metallics and first pass of zandri dust on the cape, what an accomplishment for 2 weeks! teehee.gif

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_51344.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_55440.jpeg

So yeah, i'll be back in a bit with a (hopefully) decent attempt at writing something, dunno what, dunno who, and most certainly dunno why, but i'mma do my best! tongue.png

see y'all in a bit!

The powerfist on your assault cannon terminator is very good indeed. Liked the story that accompanied him, too. Certainly a very evocative way of describing the assault cannon in action. Interested to see where the Knight goes

The powerfist on your assault cannon terminator is very good indeed. Liked the story that accompanied him, too. Certainly a very evocative way of describing the assault cannon in action. Interested to see where the Knight goes

Aw thanks man! Ya, I've always thought it'd be an interesting idea to use the spinning part of a weapon like that to grind something's' face in with, have to admit, the idea does NOT sound pretty, but it may be effective. :P

The knight is On a bit of a stand still until I can figure out some other conversion ideas for his upper body, especially a head sculpt. He'll get there eventually!

Still looking righteous!

Thank ya!

Well, as promised, sorry for any potential poor grammar,and excuse any potential poor formatting, I'm doing all this from a tablet, so bear with me. ;)

Also, I attempted a little more vague approach than I usually do for my writings, lemme know whatchy'all think!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Black.

The ash smears across the smooth, gray glass of the guardsman's' visor, his gloved hand returning to the slim handleds of the heavy bolter as he continued to depress the trigger. A large bore round, pulled from the blood stained ammunitions container, rolls into the grease slicked chamber of the cannon, is snugly ratcheted into the firing mechanism, and set loose down the slopes of the rocky outcropping in which the dug out was nestled. Meters down range, the bolt and it's predecessors strike at the the rocks and soil of the hill side, until the shot contacts the outer ablative chest armor of one of a pair of crisis suits, punches through into the softer inner workings, and detonates..

Yellow.

A bright flash of color, and the xenos war suit, once deftly maneuvering throughout the rocky slopes of the hillside, is engulfed in a bright flash of light, it's power source detonating, and it's pilot, immolated. The wreckage of the war machine continues to plow upwards, striking the ground and knocking over burned husks of trees until shattering against a sturdy boulder, and embedding itself there to burn, rust, and moulder. Not a spare thought is paid further to it, or it's owner.

Green.

A quintet of lightly armored xenos races up the sunset path in lieu of the destroyed crisis team, pulse rifles flaring as they send bursts of energy fire up to the trenches and it's murderous foxhole. Enemy gunfire traces through the twilight as it seeks out the dull green armor plating of the pathfinders, hungry to tear into their soft, alien flesh. Hoofed feet scrabble further as they rush towards the gun line, a brace of grenades at hand as they careen ever closer to their target.

Silver.

A roar of screeching metal bursts screams into being as a black monolith falls from the sky on scarlet contrails of fire. A chainsword smashes into the helm of the foremost tau, it's death ensured from the impact of spiked boots against its' spinal column. An astartes, assault marine. Get back. Get away from it and shoot it before it's too late.

The tau scatter, as their point. An lay scattered across the soot stained rocks, they fire indiscriminately, searching for the giant that felled their lead man, and find only air.

Red.

From the trees, tall and broad, black as night, a raging inferno spurts forth from the assassins' hand flamer, spitting burning jets of death fire across the pathfinders in a wide, controlled spray the color of the smoking sunset behind them. Their screams fill the air as they burn, writhing in agony, falling down the treacherous slope as they attempt to ease the undoubtably short ends of their lives. The noise fades save for the cracking of alchemical fire...

Gray

Up in the trenches too, all is quiet, the scorched bodies of its' occupants still smoldering as the hazy scent of promethium wafted into the darkening sky and the last of the heavy bolter ammunition cooked off violently in the setting sun. A pair of moons, one unseen, the other a meek, insignificant sliver, begin their unending vigil over the dead of the night.

Black.

"Mandatory status update. Designation- Rhodina Savle, assault. Brother Otrokem Thaim, reporting."

+

+

- " all is quiet. As it should be."

Hey guys, got a midweek update, pre-midweek!

dunno how long i'll be able to keep these (more or less) consistent updates coming, i've got myself ALOT of crap going on down (or up) here at home and in school... but i digress, guess i'll just have to go back to a lurker for a while. *sigh* sad.png

not that being a lurker is a bad thing......of course

anywho, general wordy update stuff.... the new skitarii made their way onto my mandatory buy later list, those new walkers are BADASS!

I'd already been planning on adding some mortals to beef up the ranks of the knights, way back when i wrote the original background of the chapter, i'd said something or other about mechanicus allies, so this works out perfect!

as far as what specifically i hope to get my hands on... i'm thinking something like this: (input is welcome, so far as suggestions for what looks cool and is reasonable for a middle class american teen such as myself to fund for himself without a job. biggrin.png )

-a pair of the new dragoon walkers, (or gunwalker, ballistarus thingies)

-2-3 skitarii vanguard units, so 20-30 walking metal corpses holy soldiers of the Omnissiah

-approx. 6-12 Thallax automata with a rad cleanser and multimelta (as personal guards for the hq, and/or as general shock troops)

-a castellax or three , probably vanilla (boltcannons are badass and you know it!)

-a cohort of the new Scyllax automata, because discount necron wraiths with an aquila are cool.

-a titan techpriest, to act as obligatory HQ the representative in battle and eyes/ears of the force guy.

also, i was pondering adding some 10-15 Tempestus scions, possibly with a rogue Inquisitor.... ?

eh, this is all waaaaaay down the road stuff anyway, i can barely get my models base-coated in succession at any reasonable amount of time, so this speculation and daydreaming is a bit non-concrete as is. laugh.png

like i said, opinions on what to add in addition to marines to kinda spice up things are very much welcome.

enough rambling, real update!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

more WIP of the sergeant, the gold is done, and the cape is coming along nicely, needs more highlights and second wash, and then gems, still have to do the sword, skin, ropes, and general highlighting, then he's good to go.

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_66062.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_98827.jpeg

and because i hate how the sergeants don't have their head buckets, i made one for him, it's just...... lost.

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_25101.jpeg

thieving xenos scum....

oh, i also started working on flesh for the first time, i stole a bit outta the newest weekly white dwarf on the Skitarii for a rotting flesh kinda look:

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_53772.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_16909.jpeg

dunno if it's even feasible to really see these pics, they suck eggs! sorry unsure.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

alright, that's all i got. See Y'all Later! smile.png

Can't wait to see your knight finished and the walking metal corpses fighting alongside it msn-wink.gif !

Thank ya!

The biggest thing holding the knight back at the moment is my non-40k competition model of all things....... that, and trying to design new arm weapons that're at least a bit original, which is quite hard to do with all these plasma cannons, megabolters, volkite carronades, and the like. blink.png

REALLY hope i can get my hands on those skitarii soon, they're soo kick-ass!

Sargent is looking really good. I'm also digging your new take on the writing. It's reminiscent of poetry, a bit rough but with some polish these would be a lot of fun to read and a cool way to detail a small batrep. Fun stuff smile.png

yeah, the writing was very rough, partly because i because i didn't get too deep into trying to review and re-tweak any of it, but mostly because it's a new style for me. I really wanted to put something else in the update to flesh it out, and i needed to exercise the 'ole creative juices anyhow, these standardized School writing essays are MURDER to creativity!

I'll definitely work on the style and prose some more, and experiment with trying to make new personalities and scenarios to make the characters unique. I definitely can't wait until i can work with writing about the first squad of Termies together, it'll be quite fun. biggrin.png

thanks for lookin' to all of y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks, dunno if y'all missed me, but i sure as hell missed updating!

So, in an interesting turn of events, i met a quartet of really cool guys who were kind enough to invite me over to play my first ever game of 40k. I had a load of fun and learned a bunch (like how to not underestimate the power of outflank when the enemy has a pair of Leman Russ tanks- a punisher with Pask, and a vanilla-. Especially when my only counter was a 5 man drop pod sternguard melta bunker.... yikes wacko.png )

Mistakes were made, tears were drunk, and geneseed was collected.... out of 21 marines deployed in that 2nd game, a single sternguard clutching his meltagun with a death grip was still alive, charging headfirst (possibly frothing at the mouth) into the side of an immobilised Leman Russ surrounded by guard vets with a flamer and half their number torn to shreds by a plucky drop pod stormbolter with a raging machine spirit.

To summarize, i played 2 small games (500 point, then 700 point) against marines then guard, and failed miserably in both games against the grizzled bastard of a veteran that wouldn't give me a single break, I'll get 'em next time, Gohrrammit! laugh.png

Partially inspired by this turn of fortunate events with my first games, i've redoubled myself in my efforts to create and actual table worthy army that wasn't a hodgepodge of WIPs and differing color schemes, which spawned these:

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10004_12154.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10004_225147.jpeg

Upside to magnetized arms with an airbooth:

[/url]">http://http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/151680-image8/'>gallery_77140_10004_12155.jpeg

first basecoat of silver vallejo game air color, and guess what? These lot fit into this thread because they happen to be the Iron Harbingers, which plays out well to the Tundaran Knights, a Ying to their Yang, so to speak. This means that i can start developing conflict and counter stories for another chapters' (more loyalist) views on the plight of the renegades, because these chapters had been through so much together both before, and after the declaration of heresy levied against the knights (again, a relationship i wish to develope more thuroughly in the future). Anyway, the Tundaran Knights are going to be my fluff heavy, screw the codex army, and the Iron Harbingers (name possibly pending a change?) the loyalist and actually playable army. (then the Skitarii and Tau will get thrown into the mix, fun times all around!!!!)

(also, tips for removing paint from models are most welcome, i heard true green or whatever was the way to go? My Scythes Draconia are going to be having a change of heart and color scheme pretty soon...)

In other news, my non 40k models' deadline is approaching, which means that after 6 ish weekends, i'll be able to dive back into 40k with a vengeance, and get that Knight finished! And that Model order placed! And more stuff painted! (hopefully, lol tongue.png )

writing update to come later tonight/tomorrow, fingers crossed with more pictures because i have a sergeant whose itching to be introduced! (although his face is still stark white....)

Thanks for glancin' through here like 20 gauss flayers to a Rhino!

Yay! More awesome looking models, and a new chapter none the less. And don't worry, you'll get them next time msn-wink.gif !

Thanks! i'll be sure to post some close ups of them as i get some F2F with 'em.

If you're interested, i can pull some work in progress shots from their previous wip (in my sig) i cannot recommend digging through that 5 page pile of (even more) amateurish work, though. tongue.png

Death to the foe, no matter their form, no matter their allegiance!

anywho, as promised, some writing on the good sergeant, this time, i experimented with 1st person a bit.... hope y'all like!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

feldjager- Saida Koulouch

"The stag of Tundara"

He who holds his head low in mourning of his home

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_83751.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_26408.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10407_100135.jpeg

They say that the silence, is a virtue. That the absence of sound, can bring peace to a troubled soul, and calm a weary body.

They say that silence, heals, that quiet calms, that stillness..... absolves.

Peace of the mind is obtained through the serenity of soundless noise.

For too long have i yearned harken such blissful peace.

The corridor was filled with raucous sound and the repugnant stench of ozone and rust, its' steel girders and iron-wrought walls stretched for what seemed an eternity in the black expanse in front of him, broken wires sparked weakly or hung limp and dead, fallen debris and detritus littered the corridors' lonesome, winding path. The lights in this place had long since died, swallowed by the eternal void of space, and filled with a black so deep, i could not help but let my mind wander, and the voices began to creep in once again on the fringes of consciousness, felt but unheard.

Bright white static, the hive mind, grew louder over this, eating into my thoughts and pervading the fragile waves that was the ocean of my conscious. As a tempest tearing through the blackened skies, the screams of the xenos in the air and my soul forebode the storm, far off and distant. Their madness advanced with rapacious hunger down old and forgotten pathways, through broken and smashed ventilation shafts, and access ways and gunplatforms long since lost to disuse and neglect by their dead and rotting crews.

Scratching

Gnawing

Slithering

Seeking

Listening

Screaming

Devouring

My advance ignores the far off cries of the hunt, the servos of my right leg churn and click in unison with the shifting of the armor plates sheathing my left side as I step over old, dilapidated corpses and wreckage strewn in the passageway. A memory of the past pushes its' way into focus as the whirring cogs in my mechanical limb spin, skeletons of living metal pass hazily through my tortured mind, a scythe of immaterial matter severs my femur from my hip through both adamantium plate, muscle, and bone.

But it was just more noise to cloud my way.

With an effort, I push the thought, along with the growing, creeping noise, back to the shadows. Now is not the time for remembrance.

They grow closer, and a bulk-head turns into view after i round a curved corner in the rank, dusty underbelly of some long dead imperial vessel, devoured by the Space Hulks' mass. Something catches my eye, and i come to a stop.A large suit of Terminator plate, not dissimilar to my own, lies propped against the far side of the hallway, the jet black and iron armor of the dead space marine was cracked and split open in numerous places, the chest piece itself ripped apart with obvious ease. Staring closer, it's owners' remains were mostly removed and decayed to the bone, murmers spread through my mind as i stare, dumbfounded, at the gaping hole and it's enveloping blackness.

Wasting a spare moment, i turn my head to look at the shoulder plate that gleamed dully in my headlight, a blood stained white Omega inverted on a muddy red plate the color of the rad tainted seas of lost Tundara, shone back at me.

A son of Orar, in service to the Deathwatch, no less. This was the 5th and most likely last of that team, much like the Imperial Fist cohort that had been found here by his brothers in their regular reports, all dead, all silent, all quiet.

All around the corpse were strewn remains of the genestealers infesting the godless son, dull gray skin and bright rust colored chitin smeared in the red ichor of their own demise, there were at least a dozen bodies crammed in the hallway, piled up in peaceful repose in front of their slayer.

For a moment, everything outside my own mind went quiet, as my eyes wandered back to the empty, gaping hole in the Space Marines' torso, and around at the vacant, milky white stares of the Xenos.

The murmurs become whispers, and then low, mindless chatter. Litanies in High and Low Gothic, the guttural roars of the Ghenevan, the didactic battle chant of the Koalich tech abominations, the empty promises of the Tau, and the chatter static of the Necron, filled my mind with a vengeance.

For but the briefest of moments, i felt my mind slip, and the voices take over.

In this moment, i am closer than ever to the brink of failing myself, and my brothers. It was absurd, me, a proud Space Marine here, alone, in the middle of a Halyia damned Space Hulk, going mad?

I stumble for but a moment, the chatter becoming forceful and pounding in my skull. Unbearable, loud, so very loud.

It reminds me of the feeling i had, being stationed in the outer system of that bastard planet Ghorenia, while my kin died for the spectacle of a single man, under his power to end our blood tainted past, our twisted and misused present, and our dim, bleakfuture

My illusion shatters with the shrill roars of the living, those who wished dearly to join their kin, it seemed. As swiftly as allowed in the hulking plate of terminator armor, i unlatch the last melta charge in my possession, dangerous as these were in the cramped confines of the space hulk, they were a necessary risk for me to reach my goal without the gaggle of xenos reaching my brothers when i arrived. I would rather be torn apart like that loyalist.

I drop the primed charge, small legs hold it upright in the entrance-way of the open bulk-head, and i move on without a second thought as the waves of the coming storm wash in behind me.

A chatter of code flashes into my right eye, the mechanical implant, and feeds the data update of my demi-squad in relation to the Librarian and his guard, directly into my cranium. I was furthest behind, the rear guard, as it should have been. But that won't be necessary for long. My advance continues, and behind me the crump of an explosion and wails of burning aliens consoles my strained just mind a little.

In a way, i envy them.

They get to hear the silence now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hope y'all liked it a bit!

some quick pros and cons, as usual:

-obviously, i really need to figure out how to do skin...

-happy with the overall look, the weathering on the cloak looks nice in my opinion

-could have had smoother transitions on the power weapon, but it looks good enough (especially with that overexposure of light, it really glows! smile.png )

-i did forget the gold on the chalice that is on the side of the bolter.... but i guess it'll have to be black now tongue.png

-my highlighting lines on said bolter were sloppy. bad me.

alrighty, that's about it....

oh, i have something i want y'alls opinions about.....

what would you guys say to me starting a hall of honor thread? i'd like to go back and polish up my writing a little bit, and retake some photos in a little better lighting, i'd update it every time i do a major update here, starting from the very beginning background of the chapter, and running up to sergeant Saida and beyond. I think it would be a good chance to revise my older stuff and tweak it with y'alls input, which i would post here on the WIP. Whaddya think?

as always, thanks for lookin', y'all have a good one!! biggrin.png

So I finally got over here (I will enact penance!) and boy am I pleased I did. Your stuff is outstanding, those conversions and kitbashes are excellent and I'm seriously digging the scorched earth on your Evil Dudes. I look very forward to the latest batch of guys and what you're going to do with them. 

So I finally got over here (I will enact penance!) and boy am I pleased I did. Your stuff is outstanding, those conversions and kitbashes are excellent and I'm seriously digging the scorched earth on your Evil Dudes. I look very forward to the latest batch of guys and what you're going to do with them.

Wow, thanks a ton! that means a bunch coming from a talented guy like yourself!

I'll keep doin' my best. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, i'm back again!

Got some progress on my new nemesis (nemeses?) last night/just after 1 o'clock in the morning, and i would love to hear y'alls opinions on the changing color scheme for my counter chapter to the Tundaran Knights.

A theme i've fondly attached myself to with them is liberal use of bio/flame weapons (rad, phosphex, the lot of it) even though it is a common theme for marines, especially Nurgle-esque chaos marines on the other side of the spectrum, i wanted to go the HOLY PROMETHIUM FIRES OF PURITY! route. whatever that is. tongue.png

to reflect the heavy use of fire/chem wepaons, i wanted to change the tones of the original scheme i had (such as the assault sergeant that decorates Kostins' base, ala headless corpse) so, i did this:

(i'd like to take this chance before i start to again apologize for the horrendous picture quality, you know how it is..... sweat.gif )

first, i sprayed chainmail silver from the vallejo game air range. after letting it dry overnight (from 2-3 light coats) i applied 2 controlled, coats of nuln oil to bring out the shadow detail and darken the base metal to be closer to good 'ole leadbelcher.

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_6421.jpeg

Basecoat left, nuln oil on right

group shot

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_215296.jpeg

Then, i applied a coat of Warplock Bronze via a large drybrush, the entire rest of the steps for the armorl color are all drybrushed with varying sized brushed, just an FYI. msn-wink.gif

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_39169.jpeg

After a quick cover of ironbreaker, no pics, my bad, i went over with several light coat of brass scorpion, to really bring out some red and bronze color. (i think pinch.gif)

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_30978.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_55563.jpeg

the light shine really takes out some of the richer colors (so far as a color blind eye can tell) but it is a lot darker and still allowed the undercoats to show up around edges and under recesses, which was cool)

another group shot

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_67852.jpeg

last was a coat of runefang steel, which under the light, looks alot more grainy than it actually is.... hmmmm

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_149772.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_112909.jpeg

(FREAKING MOULD-LINES!!!)

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_6413.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_10515.jpeg

and now i started the trim, base Castellan green (shown), then sybarite green, highlight of nurgling green then screaming skull on the highest points to come....
[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_30996.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_153876.jpeg

So yeah, it took me about 1 hour 35 minutes of actual work to get all that in, not counting drying time, which is great for a table top destined army.

i'd like to repeat ('cuz i'm paranoid and afraid i'll be judged a crappier painter than i am tongue.png) that they aren't nearly as washed out or grainy F2F. i'll probably try to take some more pictures that actually show the better portions off with the next update. But initial thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome! Background, paint scheme, or otherwise.

'till next time folks!

thanks.gif

Hope these can make up for those piss poor pics in the last update!

he's just about done save for blacking out the barrel, the scope ends, the pouches, the backpacks, and the base, which will come whenever i feel like making more of those...

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_36994.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_65667.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_32902.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_86149.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10738_106628.jpeg

[/url]">http://http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/152422-image16/'>gallery_77140_10738_65668.jpeg

I'll be working on a finalized name and symbol, some background on the chapter, and any other general stuff for them i can think of to post when i finish the squad completely. It'll be fun!

Thanks for lookin'! biggrin.png

Oh, now this is good. They kind of look like MInotaurs with sea-green trim. I'm not so sure about the bit of the helmet that you've painted that colour, it just doesn't look quite right to me. Make sure you're catching mould lines, too, there's a couple on the inside of of legs. Interested to see more of this new direction.

Yes Big difference like .

Thank ya! I'll try not to rush my pic taking so much in the future.... i took those general shots in quite a hurry. (and relying on a crappy 3gs camera doesn't alleviate the issues sweat.gif )

The colour scheme looks ace. The burnt effect the nuln oil gives looks really good. Keep more updates churning out!

glad you like him! I will try to make weekly progress, since i have deadlines and school kicking up crap it's getting harder to accomplish much of anything.

Come summer, i'll be churning out updates at a much more rapid rate, fingers crossed!

Oh, now this is good. They kind of look like MInotaurs with sea-green trim. I'm not so sure about the bit of the helmet that you've painted that colour, it just doesn't look quite right to me. Make sure you're catching mould lines, too, there's a couple on the inside of of legs. Interested to see more of this new direction.

Minotaurs were definitely an inspiration for the colors, i was hoping to go for a nice median between cold steel (like the silver skulls), and warm copper/bronze (Minotaurs). so long as it's easy and quick, i'll be able to pump out these guys for the tabletop in much quicker fashion!

I can see what you mean about the helmet color, because the green doesn't stand out way too much from the metallics, to me... next one i paint is going to be a specialist, who will have a dull red on the helmet instead, maybe that one may look better... If not, i might just ditch the color on the inner faceplate and leave it metallic, we'll have to see!

Oh man, those mold lines have been annoying the piss outta me... i missed a crap ton of them when i was making this squad, and i will have to be more careful going forward. Unfortunately for these lot, i probably won't be cutting those out, because i'm afraid of scratching off down to the plastic and ruining the paint job... pinch.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

on the topic of ongoing color scheme for these guys, i have a rough idea of rank colorings, because i do like to do different accent and spot colors on officers and specialists, if ya couldn't tell.biggrin.png (these accent colors will be on the helmet alone, most likely)

-sergeants are white trimmed for the helmet

-specialists (melta/plasma/grav, etc.) will have dull red

-heavy weapons (HB, devastators, etc.) get a dark blue

-line astartes get the sea green

-veterans i plan on giving a black-gray, because of a demi-squad of sternguard that were originally painted for my other chapter (now to be discontinued in favor of these new lads) who were a dark ash gray with black trim. I don't plan on stripping these guys of paint, but rather carrying over their colors for the sternguard veterans of the chapter, i'll probably work it into their background somehow...

speaking of the devils: (looking at them now, i am still pretty happy with these guys, especially for being amongst the first 30-50 guys i ever painted laugh.png )

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_182214.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_312369.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_28922.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_4345.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_65786.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_4347.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_78077.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_61693.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_261265.jpeg

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_9207_106105.jpeg

quick squad shot:

[/url]">http://http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/142945-image3/'>gallery_77140_9207_104017.jpeg

now, i do plan on going back and changing a couple of things, i want to fix the metallics, and darken their tones, change the colors of the base to match the burnt forest and mountain theme, and i would also like to fix up the markings on their face-plates and tidy things up a bit. Whenever i do get to that, i will take new pitures and offer up a fitting new background for them.

thanks for taking the time to look!

Those are some seriously cool looking marinesbiggrin.png !

hehe, thanks a bunch! the specialist is on his way, hopefully he'll be done by the end of the weekend.

Looking Damn GOOD!!!!!!!!

glad you like! laugh.png

So, been a little while yet, didn't get much done, unfortunately, but i DID see the newest GW newsletter.....

the knight warden looks sooo freaking badass it isn't even funny!

But what grinds my gears is that the head design for the warden in the release pictures is ractically the same as the head design i was planning on sculpting!!!

here's the drawing i made like, 2 months ago:

[/url]">http://gallery_77140_10573_117507.jpeg

and the new one:

[/url]">http://http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/153157-image1/'>gallery_77140_10573_72455.jpeg

GAH! Here i was thinking that i'd actually thought of something original to make, and then GW goes and stomps it right into the dirt! wacko.png

It's bad enough that soo many freaking amazing custom knights have been built with awesome and original weapons, but this?! man! furious.gif

Now the only thing i've got going for me is the custom leg build..... unsure.png

.................There's no way that they'll plan on making a halberd arm, right??? I've still got an original idea, right?!? geek.gif

thanks for lookin' y'all, new updates soon...

thanks.gif

• 2 weeks later...

WOW was i butt-hurt last post. My bad y'all. sweat.gif

i just got tired of studying for my AP tests, so i started talking to myself. (yeah, i know....... it's bad okay? pinch.gif At least it's in my head and not out loud... LOL )

Then i started thinking about what a Tundaran Knight'd say to his enemies in battle, and well, that got interesting, to say the least!

"Mortal, deify us not. For my kind, loyalist or otherwise, die all the same... in the end.
The difference, is whether we are cowering behind the rotting corpses of our kin, or on the blades of our foe."
"Your praises to your would be saviors are as misguided and broken as their bodies are now. Your pleas are not heard by any save myself....
may silence take you swiftly."
"The brighter the light, the longer shadow that it casts.
You "angels" blind like a sun, allow me to be your shadow, and envelope you as the night."
"Speak once, human, for i wish to know your voice.
I do hope it is less grating than the astartes' you called to this planet, for their accented jibes tire my mind to no end."
"What do you intend to do with that, cousin? Be quick, for i haven't the time nor patience for your drivelry about holy clause and righteous intent."
"Only our 933 dead have seen the end of the war we wage. We do not fight for some righteous path, we do not struggle against our forebears' nation to please some thriced damned or sanctified gods. We fight because we were wronged, then murdered, by the vermin that defile your very den, and we intend to amend those wrongs with their blood, and if necessary, yours as well."
"Let me show you what an impure 'mutt' can do, cousin."
"Do shut up, the last thing i desire is to be lectured about purity by a fool with such tainted morals,
not to mention, once this pointless massacre is finished I'll be stuck with your aggravating whines for many a day to come..."
"2,356......2,357....... 2,358........
2,359........ "
"Shhhh.... Be silent now."

lame, i know..... no pictures or anything to show for it. But until i get this (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=225612&highlight=wonderfest ) done, and my AP tests are done, i'm effectively on lockdown....sucks!

anyway, here's to a new update, whenever i get one. happy.png

Later y'all!

Archived