++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

A haemotrhope reactor, plasma obliterator and a void shield generator would be pretty awesome. Iron Warriros seem like a pretty fun army. Unforntutatley they do seem a bit immobile. 

Also COngratulations Warsmith Anzable!

Wait can we still use the Plasma Obliterator???? It's rules wasn't in the Planetary Onslaught book with the updated fortificaitions

what barrage and ordnance do we have? vindicators? .....

Just Vindicator.  But I seem to rememeber there was a rumour a while back along side 1k Son that there was meant to be a artillery unit that the start of the year.  If I can find it I'll try quote the rumour.

Other than that we don't really have any Barrage weapons in our codex, not Armour 13 Lost & the Damned.

I'm really looking forward to the supplement.  I've had a few idea for fortification models since Aug, so maybe try get them sorted soon.  Then I'm really looking forward trying the new supplement out that Throne of Skulls that Warhammer World next year :D

i don't even know where to start with fortifications. never played with/against them

i gave up gunline style quite early on in favour of a rush list

I've got a few idea & hope to try get something sorted out during the holidays or with any Christmas money.  For me it just more something to have & because I'm going to try sort out my gaming table that home try get more games of 40k & other Games Workshop games.

Yes I prefer mobile/tank heavy armies.  Never really been to keen on hoards & I personal find gun line armies bit dull.

So has anyone got any hobby plans on what they will be adding to there Iron Warriors when Traitor Legion release?

Right now I've got the following try get ready for Throne of Skulls, want to use the new supplement for the event.

- Dreadnought convert

- Unit of Havocs to convert

- Possible a new HQ with the relic & wargear were getting

I get why we get fortifications assigned to us as one of our things, but I am much more interested in tearing down fortifications with my Iron Warriors. Give me tanks and robots and big guns, and the room to move and shoot with them.

Yes and one of the best ways to get close to opposing fortifications is with trenchlines... aka your own fortifications. I mean its how they do it in Storm of Iron! which is as close to the codex:Ironwarriors we have =)

I've got lord in cataphractii armour

5 cataphractii terminators

10 maybe 20 mk3s

And I'm thinking of getting a squad of mk4s and buying heavy weapons to make them havocs

Then I'm thinking fortifications and hopefully by that time whatever artillery unit will be out.

The army will suck in 40k but dam will it be fluffy

With the wonderful new MK III Marines I have expanded my small force of 30K Iron Warriors into a much larger battalion. I can see these models being used instead of my older collection of Chaos Marines, they are much more detailed.

WIP MK III and MK II Tacticals

15095546_10155298596544918_1752570987113

MK III Volkite Heavy support squad

15267832_10155364971489918_8001118324026

A Lord of War, Stormsword super heavy

15192656_10155323458124918_5271779076574

Laser Vindicators!

15283908_10155371998139918_1485916371087

Group shot of infantry

15356623_10155367583144918_3268161503183

Plenty more work to be done, Tartaros, Cataphractii and Tyrant Terminators, a Medusa plus a few other bits.

Edited by Perry

For the ordnance/barrage thing, I'm not sure this would make a "good" list, but you could spam the :cuss out of the 85 point AV14 automated battle cannons. 2 Per fortification slot. They fire automatically at the closest target, BS2, at the end of the shooting phase (before leadership tests).

I know battle cannons aren't all that, but for 85 points and AV14 with 3 hull points AND twin-linked due to the Iron Warriors detachment bonus, that sounds sorta hilarious. Combine with an Ordnance Tyrant from IA:Vraks and some Earthshakers/Wyverns hidden behind the cannons and artillery will nuke them back to the stone age.

So.

Spammed Obliterator troops standing next to Haemotrope reactors, anyone?

My thoughts are really drifting back to havocs. Heavy weapons of all stripes really benefit from this. Even 4x heavy bolter units are going to wreck things like av10 speeders, and stand a good chance of stripping HP from AV11 rhinos. Missile launchers become the pre eminent HP stripper. Lascannons will strip 2.5 ish HP from AV13 on average.

4x melta, 1 combi melta units in rhinos will be nice tank hunters. 

Daemon prince of Tzeentch with the new Fleshmetal armour, anyone?

Looking forward to the supplement. Looks like all of my 30k legions will be sort of viable with these new rules with minor changes. With my IW I will have to get used to not having apothecaries with my horde troops and will have to have the IA book for most of my vehicles and walkers but it should do ok. I don't play tournies so not really caring about competitiveness, just being able to use them with the right flavor is a massive plus.

For what I have left of my Iron Warriors I keep making these goofy 'fort' lists with Haemotrope reactors, and I wondered if those would work with the Forgefiends ?

I have too many points wrapped up in Fortifications right now, but it looks fun on paper anyway. ;)

Ok now that the leaks are confirmed, i have a question how we can have a deamon with Mark for lvl++psyker when we cant  take units with marks?

Why it says any Deamon of Tzeentch-Nurgle slaanesh they can choose from their blah blah when we cant take him with mark? am i right? 

Units cannot be upgraded to have any mark. it says...

I am happy for Legion rules...but iam unhappy for our rules...everything except troops Oblits the Death guard does it better.... 5+ army wide FNP plus fearless (better FNP and Fearless no need of stupid fortification et.c... only stubborn....unless fortification in blah blah)    Their Oblits are 5+fnp and 5T! !  And they got relentless..!! pff.. 

Ok now that the leaks are confirmed, i have a question how we can have a deamon with Mark for lvl++psyker when we cant take units with marks?

Why it says any Deamon of Tzeentch-Nurgle slaanesh they can choose from their blah blah when we cant take him with mark? am i right?

I am happy for Legion rules...but iam unhappy for our rules...everything except troops Oblits the Death guard does it better.... 5+ army wide FNP plus fearless (better FNP and Fearless no need of stupid fortification et.c... only stubborn....unless fortification in blah blah) Their Oblits are 5+fnp and 5T! ! And they got relentless..!! pff..

Seen this a few times in other places recently and th e answer is simple...

Daemons including daemon princes are of a type, they are not marked.

A Daemon Prince of nurglw is a Daemon of nurgle.. a chaos lord is marked for nurgle...

Ie. Marks are for non daemons only.

Ok now that the leaks are confirmed, i have a question how we can have a deamon with Mark for lvl++psyker when we cant take units with marks?

I am happy for Legion rules...but iam unhappy for our rules...everything except troops Oblits the Death guard does it better.... 5+ army wide FNP plus fearless (better FNP and Fearless no need of stupid fortification et.c... only stubborn....unless fortification in blah blah) Their Oblits are 5+fnp and 5T! ! And they got relentless..!! pff..

A Daemon Prince of nurglw is a Daemon of nurgle.. a chaos lord is marked for nurgle...

So i can take Deamon Prince with Mark of Nurgle? or not? i mean can i make a Deamon prince MoN Exoskeleton wings and psyker lvl 1-3?

So i can take Deamon Prince with Mark of Nurgle? or not? i mean can i make a Deamon prince MoN Exoskeleton wings and psyker lvl 1-3?

No, you take a daemon prince with Daemon of Nurgle.

Daemon princess have the "Daemon of.." rule not the "mark of..." rule so the are perfectly valid.

I feel iron warriors are better against mech heavy armies (oblits+ with tank hunter + sorcerers with heretech) however all other matches death guard I going to leave iron Warriors in the dust. The only place I can see is Sorcerer's don't have to take from Nurgle go discipline