++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Greetings, my fellow war-smiths!

I pose a question. What is the most iconic heavy weapon load out for havocs for Iron Warriors?

Heavy Bolter laying down suppressive fire?

Missle launchers for threat saturation?

Autocannons for shiggles?

Lascannons because :cuss your couch?

This question is not the most efficient or effective weapon, but the weapon that looks great with hazard stripes.

So, do yall thinking going with the grand company is better? Or a cad? I feel like the grand company is only worth it if you were planning on taking the contents of a warband and a bunch of defilers or vindicators. Outside of that, i think i'd rather go with a cad (especially with oblit troops)!

Edit: i retract my earlier statements about the siegebreaker mace and armorbane axe. Throw one on a daemon prince, and he'll shrek anything not a bloodthirster or gmc with a ton of attacks (and even then, his chances aren't bad imo)

Agree

Just for me, I have been using the Black Crusade & now the Grand Company detachment as I've never really use formation before. I do enjoy using them, but I think majority of my games will be with the Force org chart. End of the day just try out different list, units, not be stuck on the same list ever single game.

I've still got to add a defiler to my army, maybe something to keep to one side for ETL this year.

I like the Siegebreaker mace. I am gutted I've loss my Mark of Khorne & Axe of Blind Fury to Lord Narach. But I really enjoy using the Siege Breaker mace during my first game with Traitor Legion against my friend Death Guard force. I'm just trying to think how I want to model it, ether with the one from Confessor Kyrinov model (made to order) or use the Hammer weapon from the Varanguard Knight set from Age of Sigmar.

I'm also looking that converting up a new version of Warsmith Abhorred Riddick (Daemon Prince). I was thinking of the Mace as well, just when I started my Iron Warriors back 2001 Sauron, Lord of the Ring movie was sort of something I wanted to get idea from when watching the WETA workshop design video.

Then the Flesh metal armour for that nice 2+ armour save & it will not die.

Has anyone try the Cranium Malevolus relic yet, the one where during the shooting phase if your with in 2d6 against vehicles suffer haywire attacks with no cover saves allowed?

The Dark Angel terminator box has some nice Confessor esque maces, do you know any DA players who might have some laying around?

I like missile launchers mostly due to iron Havocs in 30k being so efficient with missile launchers. I haven't tried them yet in 40k in a chaos army yet but aside from lacking BS5 and free anti-air missiles I don't see a major handicap.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas?  Any Games Workshop hobby related stuff for your Iron Warriors force?

Just got this lot that going toward a brand new unit of Havocs.  As well as getting the really cool Index Chaotic book.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00421_zpsyzoc6jsz.jpg

Index Chaotic a really nice book.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00435_zpslfulalfo.jpg

Beyond that I've not had any more games yet with the Traitor Legion supplament.  But I think for 2017 I'd like to try get more than one game per week, but it just down to time.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

:/ That reminds me... I do want fortifications. I think I can hear my wallet yelling at me no when I have infantry I haven't even started.

Or that is the psychosis telling me to stop. Either way, I bought the traitor legion ebook and despite hating the Thorpe drab writing, it's seriously a positive change to finally know what I want to do. Mostly, I'm still more scatter brained than ever.

What fortifications are you taking in your Grand Company lists?

Bog standard Aegis Defense line?

Munitorum Armoured Container Cache?

Wall of Martyrs?

The wall of martyrs battlecannon sounds pretty cool to me. You get a 85 point AV 14 battlecannon that can take advantages of the new rules.