++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Thanks for the info, guys! Not sure yet about what to do, though, on the one hand I was thinking about getting a Necromunda box or waiting for the new releases and on the other, now I have to pay for at least two new tires for my car so there goes the money I was saving. :cuss:

GW products aren’t going anywhere. I’d get the tires. :P

Yeah don't :cuss around with that stuff. "Your vehicle is a convience and you will never appreciate it as much as when you don't have it," my Dad before he ordered me to walk to the grocery store and pick up the months groceries.

It was hot and humid. I got sunburned going, got rained on coming back. I improvised a few tree branches to help distribute the bags.

Never left the gas tank uncapped since.

I'm back after a forced hiatus do to life circumstances.

Once I can get my hobby space back I need to reassess my plans for the Iron warriors. Definitly have a pile of mk3 marines to build, I just want to upscale them slightly so they don't look so squat. Which might afford an oportunity to gussy them up and make them a bit less generic too...

GW products aren’t going anywhere. I’d get the tires. :P

Yeah don't :cuss around with that stuff. "Your vehicle is a convience and you will never appreciate it as much as when you don't have it," my Dad before he ordered me to walk to the grocery store and pick up the months groceries.

It was hot and humid. I got sunburned going, got rained on coming back. I improvised a few tree branches to help distribute the bags.

Never left the gas tank uncapped since.

Oh, of course the tires come first, I can hardly do anything without a car since I live in an isolated area with a single bus line that is so unreliable it's basically like having no public transportation.

I'm also more interested in waiting for that Forgebane box so I can give my Iron Warriors some Dark Mechanicum allies, anyway. :P

I've been toying with this idea for a while, let me know what you think.

The scions of rust are an unofficial grand company founded not long after the discovery of perturabo.

After the disastrous events leading up to perturabos discovery and the purging after the legions numbers had reached dangerously low levels. The recruits taken from Olympia were still few in number so recruits were drawn from neighbouring world's, systems and garrison world's of the 4th.

However as more and more recruits started to populate the iron warriors the none Olympian legionairs began to decline. This became even more apparent when the Olympians became members of command within the legion. Nothing short of a cull was be falling the last surviving terran and None Olympian legionairs. Seen as a disgrace and failure to the Olympians. They were considered the rust eating at the heart of the noble 4th.

Drawing together for the need to survive they became a formidable, if small, force in the iron warriors and among the great crusade at whole.

Born survivors, hardbitten and veterans all they soon gained favour with forces outside the legion and with their primarch himself, even if their methods were and could be considered extreme especially with their use of chemical and biological weapons. Their newfound praise from the lord of iron and some if the other legion lords did nothing to quench the hatred thrown at them from their own legion.

Perturabo seeing a use for the reviled members of his legion he set them out among the stars to crusade with his brothers and their sons. To show them the iron warriors could be so much more than the diggers of trenches and builders of walls. And to also show the pure undiluted fury and bitterness of the iron warriors when scorned!

Although their style of warfare found them out of favour with some, guilliman, dorn and fulgrim, they soon found a brothers among others like the world eaters, deathguard and nightlords.

Even though they had found admiration with their cousins in other legions their heart was still with the 4th and with their primarch that they reveared with a passion that bordered on zealotry.

So it would come as no surprise that when civil war tore the imperium apart the scions would throw their lot in with perturabo, if not the warmaster.

Proving to be a devastating if unpredictable weapon in the warmasters cause. Just as likely to leave entire planets lifeless baren husks as they were to defend a planet to the death in the rebels cause or turn their guns on allied forces.

This unpredictability would soon see them isolated from the rest of the warmasters forces. This would suit the scions of rust fine for it would leave them to pursue their own goals.That of placing the lord of iron on the golden throne and not horus. To make perturabo not just emperor of mankind but a god of flesh and iron!

This is all I really have at the moment. I've had an idea that they never really took part in the actual siege but instead following in the rebels wake scavenging as much material as possible. Knowing that the warmaster would fail and they would need to be in the perfect position to strike.

I'll flesh it out a wee bit more if I get my army off the ground. Trying at the moment to trade off nightlord bits I have for iron warriors. And also I apologise for the post being all mushed together. I've typed this all out on my phone :S

Not bad, but I'd just want to point out that when Perturabo took control of his legion he went through it with a fine tooth comb to organize it and do the purges. Not a game changer by any means but if I remember correctly he molded it to his vision rather bluntly.

An alternative of course could be that your rust boys are or were once a grad company focused on being destroyers, or at least a majority of them were.

Would anyone have a problem representing an Iron Warriors "Daemon Prince" with a converted contemptor dreadnaught? Lore wise it would be a specially created / modified contemptor dreadnought chassis custom made by and for a warpsmith after his realization that his flesh was failing / being mutated too much. I would use the daemon prince stats and point costs.

I'm having trouble with imgur at the moment or I would post a picture, but basically its a contemptor dreadnought from the Betrayal at Calth box set with both arms cut off and replaced by the mecha tendrils from a mauler fiend. The plasma cutters from the mauler fiend are also added. It kind of looks like a dreadnought sized tech priest with six servo arms and two plasma cutters.

Edit: got imgur working

http://i.imgur.com/z5qwlb7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T7wP6x7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dWec5uZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BzQyRqL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iWtC1uw.jpg

Edited by micahwc

I'm bringing him for a tournament on Sunday. 2000 points. Surprisingly fluffy for Iron Warriors

Daemon Prince w/ 2x Malefic Talons, Intoxicating Elixir, Cold and Bitter, Diabolic Strength. (If he gets diabolic strength off he will 10 attacks at strength 9)

Exalted Champion

56x cultists with autoguns, 2 groups of 10, 1 group of 36.

2 Hellforged Scorpius tanks

Xiphon Interceptor

6x Havoks with lascannons

Renegade Commander

2x Leman Russ battle tanks

2x Leman Russ punishers

7 command points.

There's no reason why they wouldn't try that, but I think that would occur later in the crusade where their paranoid nature became more developed.

As for daemon prince contemptors....fluff wise in one of the IW novels they had a demon prince possess a dread, so I don't think it's an issue, hell using a dread chasis is pretty classic for IW.

There's no reason why they wouldn't try that, but I think that would occur later in the crusade where their paranoid nature became more developed.

As for daemon prince contemptors....fluff wise in one of the IW novels they had a demon prince possess a dread, so I don't think it's an issue, hell using a dread chasis is pretty classic for IW.

Here you go

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/M%27kar

There also Warsmith Berossus, few people use to do converted Dreadnought/Daemon Prince as him back in the days.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Berossus

Then there also this Dreadknight conversion my local store done for Games Day a good few years ago. Photo from the classic Games Workshop what new today

med_gallery_13342_13449_38359.jpg

Oh yeah goreshed I agree with you there. I probably didn't make myself clear and I apologise.

The cull is something that would trickle over time. Battlefield casualties, drop pod malfunctions, drop ships thrown into situations they possibly couldn't survive. That sort of thing until the iron warriors shear malice, paranoia and down right underhandednis shows it's face and they are openly being murdered on the battlefield and logged as casualties. 'Unfortunate case of friendly fire'

The only thing I can't get round is perturabo. He's to shrewd to not know this is going on. So it would either be a case of he doesn't know, which is unlikely or he doesn't care.

Love that dred psycho. I understand your from Scotland what store is that from?

Would anyone have a problem representing an Iron Warriors "Daemon Prince" with a converted contemptor dreadnaught? Lore wise it would be a specially created / modified contemptor dreadnought chassis custom made by and for a warpsmith after his realization that his flesh was failing / being mutated too much. I would use the daemon prince stats and point costs.

I'm having trouble with imgur at the moment or I would post a picture, but basically its a contemptor dreadnought from the Betrayal at Calth box set with both arms cut off and replaced by the mecha tendrils from a mauler fiend. The plasma cutters from the mauler fiend are also added. It kind of looks like a dreadnought sized tech priest with six servo arms and two plasma cutters.

My IWs DP is was also a Contemptor! At least in the fluff for my warband, I'm using a Decimator as base because it looked more Chaos-y (slowly working on it because I'm a scared n00b) and also because in fluff I can say my Warpsmith improved his sarcophagus which is exactly what those two were saying wouldn't do in that short I wrote for the Rapid Fire and linked before. Oh, the irony!! :p

I like how yours is turning out! I don't think anyone would have a problem with that model.

I've been toying with this idea for a while, let me know what you think.

[...]

This is all I really have at the moment. I've had an idea that they never really took part in the actual siege but instead following in the rebels wake scavenging as much material as possible. Knowing that the warmaster would fail and they would need to be in the perfect position to strike.

I'll flesh it out a wee bit more if I get my army off the ground. Trying at the moment to trade off nightlord bits I have for iron warriors. And also I apologise for the post being all mushed together. I've typed this all out on my phone :S

Anyone trying to give Perturabo the spotlight is more than ok for me :wub:

And considering Pert's opinion on the matter, I love the idea of he knowing of their intentions and not really caring or rolling his eyes.

So I've been away from my Grand Company for quite a while now and over the last few days i've decided it was time to revisit it. Originally they were built up for 30k, but my local area no longer plays in the heresy, instead everyone has moved up into 8th edition. So, my brothers, im hoping some of you might have some advice in making my current forces look alittle more chaos, without going all mutated and horns.

854858_sm-21-25.JPG

854859_sm-26-30.JPG

935707_sm-Champions%203%252F4.jpg

935709_sm-Plasma.jpg

935708_sm-Melta.jpg

My WIP Dp with wings

N3tetIQ.jpg

BvJyaU0.jpg

JFUy1r6.jpg

LOVE IT!! And good to see you used an Iron Circle Automata as base. If I couldn't work with the Decimator I was going to try that model. Love the bits for the turbines/engines, they are Forgefiend parts, right?

@ IP - I don't think Berossus was ever a Prince, pretty sure he was only ever a warsmith who manages to not go completely insane from being locked in a dread shell.

@ the emperor is scottish - As for Perty....so long as the results are there that is all he cares about. In the FW Exterminatus book some of the side note short clips show casualties that are into 70-90% and so long as the outcome was that they won, he didn't care. Now outright sending dudes for no apparent reason I think he would have an issue with as that is wasting resources but so long as there was a point Perty probably turned a blind eye.

@ Strata - IW aren't that much of a challenge to make chaosy from the heresy line. Pick up a box of the 'newer' CSM and do a little mix and match with the heresy gear and walla! Instant heresy IW. That being said I'm sure if you added a few more hazard stripes on them, maybe changed a head to two, the current models you have would be fine. Then again they still look IW so people shouldn't give you that hard a time about it to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Any help would be very much appreciated, I would love to interupt my pretty bad losing streak.

I was looking for aid on a competitve list for 1500 pts. My collection is not expansive, but contains some good things:

HQs

4 Chaos Lords/Exalted Champions

2 Terminator Armoured Lords

2 Terminator Armoured Sorcerers

1 Warpsmith

Troops

20 Cultists (40 guardsmen available for proxy)

40 Marines (There is a variety of special eapons atleast 4 of everytype exceot for flamers)

Elites

3 Hellbrutes (2 stock, 1 scourge and missle launcher)

14 Terminators with everything you can imagine minus the combi plasmas

5 possesed

Chosen are available (chaos space marines used as chosen)

Heavy Support

5 available havocs (2 lascannons, 1 missle launcher)

3 Obliterators

Lord Of War

1 Questor Traitoris (Battlecannon, Reaper chainsword, flakk quad-gun)

Gauntlet, huge melta and all other options are available except for the gatling.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not to the hobby, coming back after having left as a teenager some time around 4th edition. Iron Warriors was always my main army, so naturally I want to make another go of them, but this time 'do it right' and to the best of my ability. I've decided to start off fairly tame but want to get much more adventurous with my conversions, as I really want to personalise each model in some way.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and feedback of the models I've been working on for the past few months. I've really tried to go for the 'in the trenches' look of damage and weathering. Some are noticeably better or worse than others as my initial technique began to improve.

Dreadnought:

z6bdVmC.jpg

Warpsmith:

dToMbti.jpg

cCriCv6.jpg

CSM Squad:

PIEVEcI.jpg

vGs6bxE.jpg

YbOJgIL.jpg

oDUDcPj.jpg

uswTLHT.jpg

PRbiuaw.jpg

8KhZ3qL.jpg

OAxdMaC.jpg

WHkKQLu.jpg

8UH4ytw.jpg

pf0Rtc2.jpg

My next ambition is a squad of terminators, which I could really use some advice for. Mine are heavily inspired by these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TqU3v9JP2bk/VFE_xj9-XzI/AAAAAAAAPHg/xo1-h4Iuz4w/s1600/10648239_10152825863758330_2212026967029294619_o.jpg

I've already got the Ogryn shields and I'm using some 3rd party bodies from puppetswar. However, my dilemma is around the guns. I need to be able to have them wielding the correct guns and melee weapons for play purposes, the shields are obviously just for show. I have thought of a good way to do this yet, I've considered:

1. Have the guns wrist mounted on the arm of the melee weapon, but this seems super complex
  2. Have the guns in the hand behind the shield, but it seems unlikely there will be room
  3. Have the guns on some sort of back mounting, but I haven't yet thought of a good way to do this

Anyone got any good suggestions?