Well hey, at least it means you'll be less inclined to buy more models so can finish up your backlog?

In all seriousness though hope everything is okay dude!

================

As an aside - cool topic going on in the BL section about Sanguinius:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331716-how-awesome-is-the-angel/

Edited by Charlo

Well hey, at least it means you'll be less inclined to buy more models so can finish up your backlog?

In all seriousness though hope everything is okay dude!

================

As an aside - cool topic going on in the BL section about Sanguinius:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331716-how-awesome-is-the-angel/

Interesting thread. I wonder if it was actually Sanguinius' wrath that triggered the call for more power from the chaos gods.

So up until then, he was gifted but not fully empowered. But when confronted with Sanginius he "super charged" himself as a way to actually beat him, proving he would be unable to do so otherwise since he already feared he could not best the angel. Being that Lorgar's actual plan was to elevate himself to demon status by "gifting" Horus to Chaos, seems that Horus would not be able to do this without fully accepting Chaos.

I think the Novel Vengeful Spirit sort of answered your question there - I've only read the summaries and discussion but essentially...

Horus goes to a planet to unlock some hidden power. He essentially finds a tower/ cave that he enters and proceeds to fight and conquer the Daemonic hordes in the warp for thousands of years in what I think is only days in real time. He emerges, proven his ultimate worth to Chaos as their forever changed and ultimately powerful champion.

So he might've gotten another surge at Terra, but he probably had all of his power at this point.

Edited by Charlo

I keep finding conflicting answers. Do the flesh tearers have sanguinary guard? And would there be any blood angels specific things they wouldn't have? I'm reading flesh tearers right now and really thinking of ripping off all the winged blood drop shoulders from my guys.

I keep finding conflicting answers. Do the flesh tearers have sanguinary guard? And would there be any blood angels specific things they wouldn't have? I'm reading flesh tearers right now and really thinking of ripping off all the winged blood drop shoulders from my guys.

I recall a number of times seeing Seth or Amit remark that the Flesh Tearers don't deserve the SG.  Since the SG represent the best parts of the BA, it would make sense for the Flesh Tearers, who are so far gone from the BA, to not have them.  But I can't say for certain.

Could change their swords to eviscerators and axes to chain axes and make them less angely. They could represent the chapter veterans or honour guard for commanders

Paint them in similar flesh tearers colours

I think the Novel Vengeful Spirit sort of answered your question there - I've only read the summaries and discussion but essentially...

Horus goes to a planet to unlock some hidden power. He essentially finds a tower/ cave that he enters and proceeds to fight and conquer the Daemonic hordes in the warp for thousands of years in what I think is only days in real time. He emerges, proven his ultimate worth to Chaos as their forever changed and ultimately powerful champion.

So he might've gotten another surge at Terra, but he probably had all of his power at this point.

I get that, but even after doing this he seems to still have a big fear of Sanguinius. So I feel like he received gifts from Chaos in this part but was not empowered fully until the final showdown.

Guys I know this will be little bit off topic, however its related to my BA collection that why I would like to share;

I had have problems with lost pieces on my Xiphon fighter, while not being able to find all the documents (mainly due to fact I have bought it from a friend of mine), they send me lost pieces w/out hesitation, just to see the the model completed.

I must  call this true example of supporting hobby by the company that is creating it ! Thumbs up!

~BT 

PS. Yeah I was talking about FW :) 

Edited by BloodTzar

Not to pull from Hobbying too much, but for those wondering; 

(and as a form of therapy as I have to be *extremely* careful what I say on social media in general.) It's for the best. I have been on the fence for a while. Having a career in retail has its perks, but the hours are long and frustrating, just yesterday I worked a 13 hour shift. Thankfully I get overtime, but you can only be run hard like a horse so long. Luckily I've already had interviews lined up for more professional positions.

Oh, and I'm hoping to at least attempt to get some painting done Thursday afternoon. Huzzah!

If Baal does fall, it will fall steeped in xenos blood.

Baal shall not fall brother, Baal shall rise, her deserts quenched by seas of xeno blood that shall nourish long struggling plant life, which in turn will spread across the world and make Baal a paradise again as it was in ancient days.

I just got home from a 2000 point game against the new Eldar stuff.  It was brutal.  My opponent didn't even know there was new Eldar stuff until I told him to check it out yesterday, haha.  I technically won 6-5 but we both know he won.  We had to call it at the end of turn 3 for time's sake (with both of us playing new stuff we lost a lot of time looking things up) and I think that might have been the only time I was even ahead on points.  It was 4-5 up until I killed his warlord (with the Kingslayer objective drawn) which came down to the very last attack of turn 3.  More on that later.  I probably would have been tabled turn 4 (if not nothing I had left would have been able to do anything).  

That soulburst is intense!  For those who don't know, Eldar can now combine all three Eldar armies into one faction (so you can have harlequins with a farseer attached riding a DE transport) and they get a new rule called Soulburst, where once per turn if a unit dies within 7" you can shoot, move or charge immediately for free.  So tons of shenanigans like dire avengers in open topped transports shooting at my DC and when I take out the transport they get to shoot me again.  Really powerful.

So, I really struggled with what to bring.  I wanted to bring an Angel's Blade with archangels as core, sternguard heavy, then throw in the LATF.  I honestly should have, but I thought I'd never out shoot an Eldar army.  I ended up bringing a LBSF (DCSF core, DCChap as leader, one land speeder and meltacide squad as an aux) with a CAD (Greyfax, two CC scout squads, one squad of sternguard with asscan razorback, a Baal Pred and a vanilla pred, and Dante).  I put Dante in with one ten man squad of DC from the LBSF and just didn't move them up.  

Most of his army was harlequins with Eldar HQs added and then open topped transports to ride in.  He had some scat bikes and fire prisms and the Yncarne.  I was really excited to use Greyfax against his psykers (BS10 sternguard? yes please) but she was locked into combat with the Yncarne before she could do anything.  She managed to survive long enough for Dante to almost single handedly obliterate it on the charge, though, so I guess she wasn't a waste.

This was my first time actually fielding Dante, and he was the MVP.  He killed a whole squad of fire dragons with an attached HQ of some kind on the charge, and took the Yncarne down to one wound on the charge (and my last remaining sternguard managed to finish it against all odds.  He needed a 5 to hit, 6 to wound, and it had to fail his 3+ armor and 5+ FNP or I would have lost 4-5, but he pulled it off somehow).  I needed more units tied up to stop the soul bursting so he split off from the DC squad early on, intending to join a smaller unit somewhere to make them competent, but he just trashed everything solo instead.  The baal pred lost its asscan immediately from fire prisms and just glanced random transports after that.  

The assault squad and land speeder failed at life.  Both deep struck in, scattered hardly at all thanks to Dante, and both failed to even glance the fire prisms until turn 3 despite being in melta range the whole time.  I hit just fine, but then rolled snake eyes on almost every single pen roll.  I finally trashed one by charging it and most of the squad died in the explosion.  The other one got blown up by the land speeder finally.   My dc dread actually survived but never did anything.  It dropped in, failed to shoot the fire prisms, and was ignored all game.  I think he scored me an objective once.  

All in all, it was a little painful seeing an army that was already better than ours get a new supplement that really works well and boosts them even more, when we still struggle along.  Even in a 2000 point game I didn't want to bring the ABSF because I didn't feel I had the points to kit guys out properly, which is just a shame.  It was a fun game but also has me a little bitter about our apparent lack of love.  

That soulburst is intense!  For those who don't know, Eldar can now combine all three Eldar armies into one faction (so you can have harlequins with a farseer attached riding a DE transport) and they get a new rule called Soulburst, where once per turn if a unit dies within 7" you can shoot, move or charge immediately for free.  So tons of shenanigans like dire avengers in open topped transports shooting at my DC and when I take out the transport they get to shoot me again.  Really powerful.

Might want to check out the official FAQ:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/03/new-gathering-storm-ii-faq/

Two notes:

- They still can't begin in each others transports, so that hasn't changed.

- They can only take a soulburst action if the transport is wrecked (and they're not pinned), not when it explodes. So melta those transports up!

I think all the transports were brought down by charging DC into them (all my melta was tied up across the board bouncing shots off av12 somehow), but that's good to know. Especially about not being able to board in deployment, that could have made a big difference. I wonder why they made them one faction if they still treat them as more than one...

It's an odd thing, the factions. But, thinking on it, it makes sense in the context of Armies of the Imperium. AotI is an overarching Faction, and has been for all of 7th, but it has never been reason enough for things like Sharing Transports. So Ynnari are, in effect, the equivalent of AotI, and the preexisting factions continue to exist and effect Army composition and play.