Just got 50e for some old DA models :D Thinking of treating myself at my local store, what would be the best buy value wise?

I currently have :

1 Termie Captain

Sanguinary Guard

Space hulk termies

2 Baal predators

1 Rhino

1 Tactical

15 Death Company

I also have 3 rhinos (primed black) 2 tacticals + 1 sternguard box (SM). Was thinking of keeping these to one side for another project down the line.

Just got 50e for some old DA models :biggrin.: Thinking of treating myself at my local store, what would be the best buy value wise?

I currently have :

1 Termie Captain

Sanguinary Guard

Space hulk termies

2 Baal predators

1 Rhino

1 Tactical

15 Death Company

I also have 3 rhinos (primed black) 2 tacticals + 1 sternguard box (SM). Was thinking of keeping these to one side for another project down the line.

I think the new tactical squad + drop pod set would compliment your army nicely. It's about 2/3 of the 50EUR you have, and gets you a pod and that second tac squad. You can mix and match models to bulk the sternguard out to 10 man.

With the remaining funds, I'd either get a scout squad of your choice, or add a little and get a dread :)

Alternatively, get a devastator box set for the grav cannons.

If anyone saw the post on the Warhammer FB page, one of their painters is taking on the challenge of a full battle company, the mighty BA in this case. I asked if this might spur them to look at how the different battle companies rules measure and bring it to the rules guys attention and they actually replied saying they'd pass it on. Better than nothing right :)

Some words from Guy Haley on the Dante book.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/03/dante-by-guy-haley/

If I'm being honest, I'm already concerned. He apparently gets the 2nd and 3rd Armageddon wars mixed up:

"Dante himself remained a peripheral figure. A golden armoured paragon who commanded, condemned, judged or saved other heroes, but rarely acted directly himself. When he did, as during the Third War for Armageddon, it was described in only the broadest terms."

As a reminder, Dante became overall commander of the Imperial forces at the second war for Armageddon, however sat the third out, sending only Tycho and his company, who demanded to go.

Especially concerning seeing as the rest of his post is about how much research he did for the book.

At least it will look great on my shelf.

I'm cracking up at Ishagu over on the rumours page, he reminds me of my reaction to Angels Blade. Guilliman looks solid, shame he's being so negative. Edited by Rafen IX

I'm cracking up at Ishagu over on the rumours page, he reminds me of my reaction to Angels Blade. Guilliman looks solid, shame he's being so negative.

He is the biggest Ultramarine fanboy I know of right after Matt Ward. It was bound to happen. :D

Also what the actual :censored: !

TIL Black Library only accepts credit cards as payment. No fancy Dante special edition book for me. I'm seriously mad right now! :furious:

If anyone saw the post on the Warhammer FB page, one of their painters is taking on the challenge of a full battle company, the mighty BA in this case. I asked if this might spur them to look at how the different battle companies rules measure and bring it to the rules guys attention and they actually replied saying they'd pass it on. Better than nothing right :)

Whoops didn't meant to say that here. Good wording on the post though XD

Edited by Arkangilos

I'm cracking up at Ishagu over on the rumours page, he reminds me of my reaction to Angels Blade. Guilliman looks solid, shame he's being so negative.

I've had a pretty horrific day (lost the family dog this morning, just old age so it was peaceful!)

But seeing his reaction certainly gave me a laugh.

Especially knowing that, if we ever do get Sanguinius... He'll move 12" or more, Ishagu's main complaint about Guilliman.

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

I've had a pretty horrific day (lost the family dog this morning, just old age so it was peaceful!)

Especially knowing that, if we ever do get Sanguinius... He'll move 12" or more, Ishagu's main complaint about Guilliman.

Tell him that Mephiston will gladly cast wings on him once or twice to help him out :D

Do you not have a Visa or anything?

Obviously no. ;)

I'm honestly completely against credit cards. They are dumb and one only needs them for companys who refuse any other payment method.

Tell him that Mephiston will gladly cast wings on him once or twice to help him out :D

Wings only works on Infantry :whistle:

Tell him that Mephiston will gladly cast wings on him once or twice to help him out :biggrin.:

That's pretty much the first thing that killed my hype when I got my hands on the BA codex. RIP idea of Librarian Dreadnoughts with psychic wings. :D

Obviously no. ;)

I'm honestly completely against credit cards. They are dumb and one only needs them for companys who refuse any other payment method.

You don't have to use it as a credit card. You can use them as basically electronic checks (like a debit card). I almost never put anything as credit. Edited by Arkangilos

Obviously no. :wink:

You don't have to use it as a credit card. You can use them as basically electronic checks (like a debit card). I almost never put anything as credit.

Yeah but I already can do it with the bank card I have. I can use it anywhere to pay stuff except for when a company refuses to accept anything else than credit cards. ;)

What about going to Walmart (or whatever equivalent you have) and picking up a prepaid visa card for the amount of money you need for the transaction? BL accepts visas and there are visas that are prepaid and not credit cards.

I'm honest here I don't exactly know how prepaid credit cards work in germany. Also it's quite possible the limited edition is sold out by the time i got one since there are only less than 500 left by now :D

Jolemai I love you hahahaha

Sorry if this has been answered but -- did they ever FAQ Angel's Blade? I just noticed that today they've already FAQ/Errata'd the newest Gathering Storm Eldar campaign book.

Not yet...

What are you expecting though? We're not going to get any improvements errata'd in :(

Do be fair to Ishagu, guilliman not being able to join squads or hitch a ride basically kills his use in anything but casual games, and in casual games he's way to strong.

So he's stuck in that your either a jerk for bringing a low with no notice, or he just gets ignored/killed with no fuss if the enemy is prepared.

Now of course, he probably would want to complain some if guilliman had anything less than "roll a d6, on a 1+ you win the game automatically thanks to guillimans strategic genius"

But in this instance, he has a point.

Celestine and cawl both do distraction carnifex better and cheaper than him.