Finally got these and these, going to make them into nice DC, or should I betrey and go in the path of Horus...:whistling:

Turning them into DC is somewhere on my to-do list, so go for it :tu:

From the new FW book Inferno, it's apparently in with the Psi Titans as the BA were fighting with them, the sisters of silence and the Oreo Titanicus against the Eldar.

Now this I have to see.

Paint scheme of brown with a vertical cream stripe?

Paint scheme of brown with a vertical cream stripe?

Aww, I thought we were talking about a biscuit big enough for a real-life Warlord Titan to dunk in the world's biggest glass of milk.

Hey guys,

Got a Warlord Titan from my girlfriend as a present, seeing my main army is BA and all my BA is death company, how do I justify painting this big fella "death company black", fluff wise? I'll probably scrub up my 10 year Lucius Warhound to match, and add some Knight bodyguards.. :)

Hey guys,

Got a Warlord Titan from my girlfriend as a present, seeing my main army is BA and all my BA is death company, how do I justify painting this big fella "death company black", fluff wise? I'll probably scrub up my 10 year Lucius Warhound to match, and add some Knight bodyguards.. :smile.:

I'd paint it gold and with wings so all your death company can believe that it's Sanguinius and follow it into battle. 

Hey guys,

Got a Warlord Titan from my girlfriend as a present, seeing my main army is BA and all my BA is death company, how do I justify painting this big fella "death company black", fluff wise? I'll probably scrub up my 10 year Lucius Warhound to match, and add some Knight bodyguards.. :smile.:

I'd paint it gold and with wings so all your death company can believe that it's Sanguinius and follow it into battle. 

Haha, wow, that is a crazy idea! Ostensibly I could play around the look of doing all the metalwork in gold and the armor plates in black, drawing on "wings" on those plates.. I wonder if that is a viable idea on a model so gigantic... 

Would gold have that much range to pull off? All I can think of is going from black-tin bitz-gold colors and that can get thick very quickly...

Hey guys,

"Rule of cool" :D

Hey guys,

Haha, wow, that is a crazy idea! Ostensibly I could play around the look of doing all the metalwork in gold and the armor plates in black, drawing on "wings" on those plates.. I wonder if that is a viable idea on a model so gigantic... 

Would gold have that much range to pull off? All I can think of is going from black-tin bitz-gold colors and that can get thick very quickly...

Gold 'trims' and black armor? Where did I see that already again? :D

Why? We aren't getting squatted. This is no different than any other armies getting new toys. All this is is an opening to give us new toys without us bitching about how the Imperium shouldn't get new tech, because now they can.

---

"Old releases were always a bit like "so, the Space Marines found that STC behind a rock, and suddenly everyone but 4 chapters has a Stormtalon!" or "Well, the Hunter tank was used since the days of the Horus Heresy (even if we won't give you 30k rules for it!) and Marines just had it always".

New releases will be "Cawl just made another tank/suit, let's use it in campaign XY". It's not different to AoS style of "Sigmar's vanguard arrived finally" or "Allarielle is in her war aspect now and created new Sylvaneth".

Tbh it's good they have more freedom and creativity now - and if Genestealers/Deathwatch told them anything than that re-releases of old 1st/2nd/3rd edition armies that got squatted sell. It's just the best from both worlds - new exciting never seen stuff (like the Ynnari), stuff that's an expansion to older things (like Orks) or stuff that's already mentioned in the old fluff but never got models." -Atia

Edited by Arkangilos

Why? We aren't getting squatted. This is no different than any other armies getting new toys. All this is is an opening to give us new toys without us bitching about how the Imperium shouldn't get new tech, because now they can.

---

"Old releases were always a bit like "so, the Space Marines found that STC behind a rock, and suddenly everyone but 4 chapters has a Stormtalon!" or "Well, the Hunter tank was used since the days of the Horus Heresy (even if we won't give you 30k rules for it!) and Marines just had it always".

New releases will be "Cawl just made another tank/suit, let's use it in campaign XY". It's not different to AoS style of "Sigmar's vanguard arrived finally" or "Allarielle is in her war aspect now and created new Sylvaneth".

Tbh it's good they have more freedom and creativity now - and if Genestealers/Deathwatch told them anything than that re-releases of old 1st/2nd/3rd edition armies that got squatted sell. It's just the best from both worlds - new exciting never seen stuff (like the Ynnari), stuff that's an expansion to older things (like Orks) or stuff that's already mentioned in the old fluff but never got models." -Atia

Different strokes...

Just getting a sense of impending retirement is all. Not trying to be doom and gloom, just feeling a bit low.

The debate in my house hold regarding "Why do you need that?" just gets harder and harder every year. Good thing my small box of fish xenos has gone undetected...

---

Different strokes...

Just getting a sense of impending retirement is all. Not trying to be doom and gloom, just feeling a bit low.

The debate in my house hold regarding "Why do you need that?" just gets harder and harder every year. Good thing my small box of fish xenos has gone undetected...

Seriously tho, such debates shouldn't even happen unless it affects your familys/relationships financial situation negatively. It's your hobby and you are allowed to have fun in any way possible as long as it's not against the law. I mean it's not even something immoral or such. It's just an expensive and time intensive game lol

Well, got an interview today.so wish me luck and send some good vibes.

I had some honey-Dos this morning (that were called in right when I sat down to paint!) can you believe that? At least I'm off tomorrow. Suppose to play against that 1850 Daemon list. But I just don't know what will make that enjoyable to play against. On either front.

Also, don't worry too much about our wonderful chapter. We are one of the MOST iconic chapters, with the best primarch. We won't be squatted, and if it does come down the line before we get fixed proper, it will be okay.

That soulburst is intense!  For those who don't know, Eldar can now combine all three Eldar armies into one faction (so you can have harlequins with a farseer attached riding a DE transport) and they get a new rule called Soulburst, where once per turn if a unit dies within 7" you can shoot, move or charge immediately for free.  So tons of shenanigans like dire avengers in open topped transports shooting at my DC and when I take out the transport they get to shoot me again.  Really powerful.

Might want to check out the official FAQ:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/03/new-gathering-storm-ii-faq/

Two notes:

- They still can't begin in each others transports, so that hasn't changed.

- They can only take a soulburst action if the transport is wrecked (and they're not pinned), not when it explodes. So melta those transports up!

They can begin in each others transports.

They are all, instead a totally new faction "Ynnari", instead of their old one.

It's like super battle brothers.

They have to give up battle focus/ power from pain/ harlequin rule X to do it though.

Yeah the FAQ is clear on it. I've just read it. The unit embarking has to be entirely models without factions the transport doesn't have (so triumvirate and models that originally shared the transports faction). But a DE/Ynarri unit can't deploy in a Harlequin/Ynarri transport, although a pure Ynarri unit can.

Edit: they retain the old faction, btw, they just gain a second faction.

Edited by Tyriks