I have a game tomorrow against a friend who is practicing for LVO. He literally has space wolf flyers, a knight and multiple thunder cav with a priest on bike.

I feel I'm going to get tabled turn 2 but I'm going to try and concentrate fire on his ground units.

I have a game tomorrow against a friend who is practicing for LVO. He literally has space wolf flyers, a knight and multiple thunder cav with a priest on bike.

I feel I'm going to get tabled turn 2 but I'm going to try and concentrate fire on his ground units.

What do you plan on bringing to face that?

I only have fairly conventional units to make a list but i have heaps of stuff ready to build for when the codex drops and we can work out what works for us

I'm just running a heap of deep striking min unit plasma company vet spam, assbacks with small squads of death company and a storm raven

With the changes to flyers I'm hoping i can focus down on his ground units and table him. I think i won't make it past turn three though.

Is the half army reserve thing to do with points or the amount of units?

Faced today some noise/slaneesh marines.

Played Sanguinor along with an librarian and one sang priest. Together with 5 sanguard with plasma and swords.

Three devs squads with las/gravcannon las/flamer and missle heavy bolter.

One sicaran with lassponsons and one vet squad with Hammer and shiels. One evesor assassin.

The vetsquad got smoked turn one frome some noisemarines. The guard landed and killed only three noisies and died in the fight vs possessed my hqs killed most of the possies and the noise marines. Sanguinor is a killer! Devs and sicaran shot one vindicator but didnt manage to destroy the defiler. Got wiped in the back at the end but my sangpriest had the relic last turn. Sadly we had to cut the game. It was open if my priest would have survived or not. :/

Had my first 8th Ed game against Eldar. I lost 9-0 but it was actually really close despite the scoreline and I had a blast!

Revenge will be mine!

Report here with pics: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337234-8th-edition-blood-angels-vs-biel-tan/

On Mk VII armour, what do you think looks best - a DC jump pack or a SG jump pack sans the wings?

In other news, I've located the bike footplate that I believed I'd misplaced - as it turns out, it was already attached...

While I prefer MKIV jump packs in general, I think I'd actually go twin-thruster on MKVII armour, and save the single thruster for more 'special' armour.

On Mk VII armour, what do you think looks best - a DC jump pack or a SG jump pack sans the wings?

In other news, I've located the bike footplate that I believed I'd misplaced - as it turns out, it was already attached...

Twin intake pack on that librarian. I think they look brutal and suit the nature of the marines. Only a few models will be getting Mk4 packs in my army, mainly artificer armoured ones who may have lighter armour. I prefer more thrust.

I've been working on bits and pieces today. I converted my old Sanguinary Guard and meltacide assault squad to 32mm bases and added sand / PVA. Will paint them tomorrow. I also finished the jump packs for the meltacide guys who used to ride in a pod.

Gloss coated the Rhino and Rapiers ready for decals, and did some work on a jump Librarian kitbash I made recently from the Jensus Natorian model.

Oh and Captain Aphael whom Blindhamster made for me is coming along nicely too :smile.:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BA-misc-WIP.jpg