Today, I said my final farewell to the rotten cespool that was 7th edition in a grand tournament. Nothing but gun lines for everything (Guard, 2 marines, an odd BA gunline) and a space wolf.

Lost 4 due to a combination of just being out shot and friggin mishaps.

My list was a Lost brotherhood with Orbital Intervention and meltacide with a grav biker squad. It was brutal. Not sure why the tournament people kept pitting me up against everything that I can't do good against.

Anyway, the one round that I actually did good on was one I dreaded the most. It was an imperial fists list with 2 storm talons, 3 vindicators, a knight (battle cannon and assault cannon thingy) with 3 drop pods. Literally all made for shooting.

I started my guys on the far end of the table in order to force him to drop his pods far from support. The knight made mincemeat of a good number of my death company and lemartes (warlord). However on my turn I got my meltacide squad behind his knight and managed to get all three melta shots AND a krak grenade off the rear armor which caused it to explode. They eventually died to his devastators and contempter dread in turn 2 but they more than made their points so I didn't care. In turn two, he finished off my warlord and the first squad of my death company in my deployment edge using his drop pod tacs. He also used his vindicators to wipe my bikers clear off having only claimed a VP for being on an objective.

My turn two saw all my termies arriving. No mishaps and the distance they moved actually put them in range for most everything. My shooty termies had rear armor on his vindicator squad and I managed 5 penetrations on rear armor 10 which killed one vindicator and put two pens on a second vindicator; with two weapons destroyed so useless at that point. They then hit his 5 man assault squad that finished wiping off my drop pod on his turn two, reducing them to 1 man who failed morale off the table. My first assault termies charged and blew up his one intact vindicator but ate an explosion, dropping the squad to 4. My second assault, now deprived of a vehicle made their way to take out the devestator and attached HQ on top of a imperial bastion. My backfield DC wiped out one of the drop pod tac squads. and consolidated towards the tac squad behind them.

On turn three, his tac squad put more bullets into my DC as well as one of his two storm talons. I made a lot of good armor and feel no pains so the squad survived. His second talon and contemptor dread put bullets into my shooty termies but I did really well on my saves and only lost one man. His dread charged my terminators but I lucked out and only managed to lose one terminator. They reciprocated and put 2 wounds on their dread which. We ended up stuck in combat.

On my turn 3, I saw another charge by my second chaplain/jumpy dc and wiped out the 2nd of his 3 MSU tacticals. They consolidated away from his other tac because I had other plans for them. You may have noticed that I said nothing about DC number 3 and the dreadnought. Well they were too far away to do much and have been basically trying to catch up with the rest of the army so they did nothing much all match. the foot DC did manage to hit an immobilized speeder which was some sort of target painter for a formation so there was that.

Anyway, back to terminators. My first squad caught and killed the last remaining vindicator. My second assault squad had a curious situation. We had an imperial bastion used as just ruins for cover save (didn't want to get into the whole used-as-a-model since no one paid army points to use it). So since we counted it as terrain, we chose that I could assault through it but he also got over-watch even though he had no line of sight. He failed to get bullets through and I managed to get an 8 inch which, minus 2 for charging into cover, meant I was in range. The thematic sequence was the terminators actually clawing their way up the walls and busting their way into the group. I decimated them, his captain slayed my sergeant in a challenge but the rest of the squad put 5 strength 9 wounds at Initiative 1 which wiped his units off the board.

So because of time, we had to call it and I ended up winning in points.

The last match ended up being exciting with a bit of back and forth and a heroic entry by my terminators. The first five was murder for me as I just couldn't accomplish anything. Match 4 had me against wolves with thunderwolves, 4 psykers and two wolfen. Even throwing down 40 x2 attacks from my DC, I only managed to drop two dead wolfen and wound 1. His countercharged wiped all 12 (10 DC + Lemartes and DC Chaplain). I absolutely hate space wolves now with a fiery passion.

As the last big 7th edition hurrah, it can be summed up with the following from this one guard player at the end of the event:

gallery_40907_9492_19960.jpg

BYE 7th EDITION and GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

Edited by Spagunk

Played 3 games over the weekend at the local GW. Got utterly tabled by Yannari. Dude brought a tournament list to an escalation league. Nothing like having your Storm Raven and the Death Company Dread one shotted by Dark Reapers with Soul Burst first turn. It was all down hill from there.

Two other games I played were really fun. Played Orks and Knights. Won both. Very close games. Mephiston killed a Knight, a Gorkanaut, a Deff Dread, a unit of Warp Spiders, and a unit of Howling Banshees. Was a good weekend for the Lord of Death.

Yeah, yannari and even dark eldar are really sickening this edition.

I am also really bothered by what I have heard is going on with slanneshi marines. Basically, the two things we currently have problems with (good shooting, better Close combats) are the two things a single army has.

I am really nervous that we are going to get hit hard because someone thinks we are OP. It is clear we are far from being so but for some reason people aren't seeing it.

Edited by Spagunk

The OP thing comes from Frontline Gaming. In their podcast, they say BA is "so powerful" because you can walk Corbulo up the board, then DS Sanguinor, Dante, Lemartes, and a big unit of DC down next to him to have this ridiculous melee unit.

They also want us to jump Dante up alongside 2x Baal Predators.

OP........................

Yeah, no. Like the odds that you'll survive long enough to do that is astronomical. Especially since there are legit armies that can take care of 2+ saves on their own. Also, 10 inch charges are just not statistically common on 2d6. You really need re-rolls and that doesn't happen.

Man I'm really getting annoyed with front line gaming.

Yeah, no. Like the odds that you'll survive long enough to do that is astronomical. Especially since there are legit armies that can take care of 2+ saves on their own. Also, 10 inch charges are just not statistically common on 2d6. You really need re-rolls and that doesn't happen.

You only need a 9" charge after a deep strike, but yeah it's still not very likely to pull it off.

You only need a 9" charge after a deep strike, but yeah it's still not very likely to pull it off.

I thought you needed 9.000001 inches which can only be a 10 or some crap?

for sake of argument you need to 9.1" away from opponent when you land.

Top charge someone, you simply need be within 1" of them.

An 8" charge gets to to 1.1", a fail.

A 9 however, gets you to 0.1 inches away, a success.

I see. Then the player I went against interpreted it wrong. I'll have to see if I can explain it to them.

Edited by Spagunk

I see. Then the player I went against interpreted it wrong. I'll have to see if I can explain it to them.

It was confirmed in the FAQ - they said you need a 9.

It was confirmed in the FAQ - they said you need a 9.

We didn't have access to the FAQ's I guess which may be why we both didnt know this.

Even with a charge re-roll, you'll only get a 9 on 2D6 ~48% of the time. So that's unlikely to pull off with lemartes and a DC unit alone (since they charge separately). To do it with 3 extra characters on top who aren't even getting a re-roll? Nope. Not even close to happening. So you'd end up split in two places; and any character that fails won't be buffing the melee, and will be shot off the board since they don't have a unit to skulk behind. Or your DC unit fails and you've got a chracter or two trying to solo it which will do some damage then die when the target falls back.

And if you just shoot bolt pistols for a round after deepstriking - on top of the time it's taken corbulo to stroll up the board? - such a prime target will be shot at by everything on the board then probably tied up by a chaff unit. And even if you survive, that's a huge amount of points to have doing nothing for several turns while the rest of your army will have been getting beat up.

Clearly FLG haven't actually tried their bull:cuss about the BA super-unit. The only way something like that might work (with a JP priest instead of corbulo) is if we get a strategem that allows all JP units to charge with 3d6 or deep strike closer or the like. And even then, it'd be a big gamble.

In my game last week I jump pack assaulted with Sanguinary Guard, Ancient, Priest, Librarian. For the charges I rolled 11, 10, 10 and 9.

I had to try it, but I doubt I will ever see the like again :biggrin.:

Well that was your golden roll for this edition. I hope it was worth it. :D

In my game last week I jump pack assaulted with Sanguinary Guard, Ancient, Priest, Librarian. For the charges I rolled 11, 10, 10 and 9.

Maybe not but I bet it was glorious! :biggrin.:

It was!

Well that was your golden roll for this edition. I hope it was worth it. :biggrin.:

It was!

Your words are truer than you think. In the next turn every single one of them failed a 7" charge :biggrin.:

Edited by LutherMax

£30 + VAT from one of my usual places in UK for an Iwata 0807 0.2mm nozzle, which is ~$40 plus tax, same price for the 0808 0.3mm. Quick ebay search didn't find it any cheaper. I think it's just an expensive part.

Sucks though, as a nozzle for my H&S evo is £11.66 plus VAT from there.

Edited by Arkhanist

I think that late November - early December is going to be the Blood Angels window.

The very description of the Devastation of Baal Novel speak for it :

It's one of the key events in the build-up to the new Warhammer 40,000 background (and it's been years in the making!) and it's an epic tale of triumph and tragedy, heroism and sacrifice, and sets the scene for the future of the Blood Angels – if they have one.

Plus it is also described this way :

This new Space Marine Conquests novel (the first of its kind)

All of this point for a strong Blood Angels release, that may include more than just the BA Codex and the Novel.

Also, the very scale of the Battle define it as one of the TOP 5 since the Horus Heresy era, with 30 000 Blood Angels and Successors ! (And i don't even imagine the size of the fleet orbiting around Baal, that may have more than a hundred of Battle Barge and even some Battle Stations / Chapter Barque....)

THE STORY
The Blood Angels Chapter of Space Marines is under threat. Having obliterated all human life in the Red Scar region of space, the largest tendril of Hivefleet Leviathan ever seen in the Imperium has converged and is making relentlessly for Baal.

To face this awesome foe, Commander Dante has called upon the Successor Chapters of the ancient Ninth Legion. The Sons of Sanguinius gather in numbers not seen since the dark days of the Horus Heresy. Thirty thousand Space Marines stand ready to thwart the Great Devourer, save the homeworld of their primarch, and prevent the consumption of billions in the Ultima Segmentum beyond.

But the tyranid swarm numbers in the trillions, and they are not the only danger to the Chapter’s future. As the galaxy slides toward a terrifying new era, events far away threaten to unleash a greater evil. A further enemy must also be overcome, that of the Black Rage that lurks in the souls of all Sanguinius’s bloodline.

Written by Guy Haley

This is going to be EPIC, and Dante, already one of the most important hero of the Imperium, will put himself on the Primarch level, transforming the whole Roboute Guilliman march to Terra story into a simple walk through the fields.

40K BLOOD ANGELS LEGION !